Join our server on Discord

The internet is fucked...
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/219321...neutrality

I don't think I've ever been made more depressed about an issue in my entire life. Nothing even comes close, what sucks more, is that there is little that can be done to help the situation, there's hardly any silver lining, just a black cloud that threatens to kill the enjoyment out of one of my favorite pastimes. Nevertheless, I plan to spread the word and see what happens, if anything happens that is. I hope you all do the same.
i've never even heard of that news site before...

and this is just my opinion, but i'm not believing this until it's on televised news, like FOX news or NBC 10.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
I woudlnt trust Fox news in the slightest bit ((Dont you know by now that that channel is nothing but Conservitive propeguanda))
i dont watch it anyways. i watch NBC 10.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
I regret to inform you that such is the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_neu..._in_the_US

Eat your heart out.
i dont get it what is "network neutrality" and what does it do?
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Basically, it's your ISP deciding how fast your connection is based on who they're affiliated with. Say, for example, that ComCast is with FOX and Verizon is with NBC. Well, if you're on Verizon's network, your access to FOX material will be impeded - either slowed or stopped all together. If you're with ComCast, then you'd be thusly impeded with NBC. Further, it gives a way for networks to have ISP specific content. That is, you could only view special content on certain sites depending on who your ISP is.

Essentially, it's coroporations' way of pushing brand loyalty on the unwilling consumer, making you use what generates profit for them instead of what you'd prefer to use.
Ah.....dammit that sux

The shits about to hit the fan
Quote:but i'm not believing this until it's on televised news, like FOX news or NBC 10.
There's a very good reason why you won't see this on your television news.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Yes, this is suck. But all we can do is maybe try a petition, and hope it doesn't pass.