Join our server on Discord

People who dies in Final Fantasy...
I got to thinking and I came up with this thought...

Sylirmon - Call the fire department...

Shut up...
Anyways, Almost everyone knows Aerith dies in Final Fantasy 7, as supposidly the first characture in Final Fantasy to ever die in a game... Not true after all! There were others who had died in the FF series that you spend time leveling up on and on, like Aerith, some of them in Final Fantasy 2/4 and I know of one in FF3/6 (Shadow, but I didn't think he counts since there's an option to save him or not).

I was wondering what other people thought about this...

UPDATE!

I just noticed the Debate room... was this suppose to go in there?
Nyaa... Will be around but not very much.
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Oh, don't worry, this is the proper game for this.

Depending upon one's definition, it depends. Aeris is definitely not the first party member to die, but she does die early in the game and leaves a distinctive gap in the party member roster.

In the first FF, no one really dies since the party is your own chosen characters with no personality. In FF2, we have a few characters who bite the dust. FF3 is similar to the first as the party remains the same. Only a couple of party members who follow you die... and even then, I think, they are all revived. FF4 has one. FF5 has one as well. FF6 doesn't really show any party characters die. You mentioned Shadow, but there is a high possiblity that he still dies if you recall the ending. FF8 doesn't have any which is a bit surprising. FF9 doesn't either, but I, myself, haven't played the game through. FFX no one dies...

Well, anyways, whoever told you that, really doesn't know what they are saying. It isn't too surprising.
....... Actually, I was the one who thought it up. I was just curious to what others thought about it, me being a Final Fantasy fan and all.
Nyaa... Will be around but not very much.
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Player characters dying isn't done all that often. Reks dies in the first few minutes of FFXII, but you don't really have any time to get attached to him, so it doesn't really matter.

In terms of people actually getting killed, though, I don't think any Final Fantasy game beats out Tactics for sheer numbers of people just being killed.
The first character to die in Final Fantasty was in FFII: Josef. His story is told in FFIX by Ramah.
In final fantasy nine, doesn't EVERYBODY die at the end?
No, actually. Right before the Final Boss, Trance Kuja uses Ultima to destroy the crystal. The Final Boss you fight is a being that is fated to destroy the world. When you destroy him, Zidane goes back into the Ilfa Tree's remains to find Kuja. The game makes you believe that Zidane is killed here, but then he reappears in the Final FMV, and he and Garnet embrace.

One of my most favorite endings in any RPG.
The OCA
Herr Mullen Wrote:The first character to die in Final Fantasty was in FFII: Josef. His story is told in FFIX by Ramah.

Impressive, very few people have noticed that. I just happened to finish that part of FFIX and then played that part in FFII so it was still fresh in my mind. Otherwise I don't think I ever would've noticed the connection.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Final Fantasy Characters dying is common, and I'm not affected by that at all.

But when Lavitz died in The Legend of Dragoon- I bawled like a baby!!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
You know, one problem with aerith dieing in 7 was cloud never got to hit that. But once he remembered tifa was still alive, it helped with the healing.
He then thanked barret for reminding him of that.
http://www.duelinganalogs.com/?date=2005-11-24