Join our server on Discord

Cross Media bitching pisses me off.
This has to be one of my biggest gripes recently.

Best example would be my buddy telling me
"Spider-Man 3 wasn't good because it wasn't like the comic"

Well...it wasn't the fucking comic!

Left and right people complain about how the movie dosen't match the book, or the movie isn't like the comic, or the game isn't like the movie...

They are not the same, they use and follow the same story as basis and take liberties with certain creative changes...DEAL WITH IT.

Wise made a good point in the FF: Rise topic about how the Marvel movies are for average movie goers and not solely for comic fans...well yeah because the comic fans STILL go, and in addition they bring all those average movie goers in. They do it for money, that's all everything is about is money.
Spiderman 3 wasn't very good becuase it was so over the top. It continually refered to a set of overarching moral rules rather than talk about actual problems, and the Venom persona of Peter Parker was just an incarnation of youth trends adults are scared of and children want to either hate or become. The enterance for the final battle summed up that film.
Well, the overarching moral rules are a core component of the series. Granted, a movie can't keep complete faith to its source material, but it has to keep something from the original lest it totally turn away its faithful fanbase. If it's going to keep anything, they should keep the core moral that makes Spider-Man who and what he is: a do-gooder deep down who will never do anything solely for his own gain.

I thought that the Symbiote-Peter section of the movie was really well done where he busted Brock's photographic faux-pas and pwned Harry. Unfortunately, the lameness of the club scene counter-balanced all the cool bad-assedness that he'd previously set up. A shame, really.

As a moderate Spider-Man fan, I really liked the movie, but I can see why a lot of people didn't get off on it so much.
I agree what the worst part about the movie was the Symbiote-Peter's whole dance down the street, in the dance club thing but having seen it again I can say it is more effective if you realize just what they are doing...The do the agression with the camera smashing and sandman and harry "killing" but they show cockyness, and a complete disregard for the emotions of other with the whole cocky streetwalking and jazz club scene/hitting MJ. They are effective in a moderate way.

I enjoyed Spider-Man 3 very much because it referes back to all the overarching morals, and because you what? Hardly anyone in society now-a-day has any morals.
I haven't seen it, but when I do see it, I have no expectations for it being like the comic. Still, I don't like how a lot of the Peter and Mary Jane stuff caters to the teenie-boppers. Then again, Spider-Man has always been one of the softer in-and-out-of relationships heroes. He's not supposed to be all hardcore like, let's say, the Punisher. Going along with that though, Spider-Man is also supposed to make smartass comments while in battle with super villains. I was a little disappointed by the lack of this in the first two movies, and I have a hunch the third has the same problem. You don't have to carry everything from the comics, but at least get the personality right.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
The smartass comments work for the comics because it helps inject with the action, and it works with cartoons which are primarily developed for younger audiences, but in the movie I think it would just seem out of place. The action is usually so intense or the moment so hectic that is makes much more sense that he wouldn't have time to say much.
You're probably right. There's still the movie format that has to be followed. I guess that's a microcosm of the point you're trying to make, right?
I know that you saw me.
The dance club and all of the pompous Parker thing was some of the funniest Spiderman stuff I've ever seen. Me and my mom and her malefriend were laughing our asses off. Also, I thought it was really cool when he became all psycho and almost killed the bouncers in the club by abusing his powers after almost blowing his secret identity. Easily the most awesomest moment since him going insane during the Maximum Carnage. "Fine, you want to act like animals then I shall treat you like animals... From now on you get NO mercy from the Spiderman!!" Albeit, I kind of disliked how cliche'd Harry became at the end; my mom seemed to like that they made up so I don't complain. I think this could very well be the best of the three, I kind of disliked the first, likened 2nd more.

Speaking of Spiderman; who are the villains of the 4?
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Quote:Easily the most awesomest moment since him going insane during the Maximum Carnage. "Fine, you want to act like animals then I shall treat you like animals... From now on you get NO mercy from the Spiderman!!"
You get that from the game? Anybody besides me beaten it?
I know that you saw me.
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:Easily the most awesomest moment since him going insane during the Maximum Carnage. "Fine, you want to act like animals then I shall treat you like animals... From now on you get NO mercy from the Spiderman!!"
You get that from the game? Anybody besides me beaten it?

I haven't beat the game yet (because of the difficulty) but that's a real quote Spiderman says.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you