Join our server on Discord

FF: Rise Of Silver Surfer who got so many bad critics
FF: Rise Of Silver Surfer was cool, I feel better than 1st episode.

The only bad thing was the last battle, too short. Dr. Doom got hit like sandbag. :D

Why this movie got so many bad critics and reviews? :?:
[Image: Renamon2.jpg]
I wish it hadn't. I really love Silver Surfer's entrance on here. When I was a kid I watched his own show at Fox Kids before it got cut off from our cable. Anyhoo, I haven't seen the movie yet since it's not out any cinema near here yet, but, when I see it I'll judge it myself. I have high expectatives of it for now.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well Silver Surfer is still one of my favorites (have a ton of his comics.) and well it just didn't fill the need, the budget was high, but the action scene's were sub par at best. I wish directors spent more on the plot rather then the explosions.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Who knows, I haven't watched the movie. Heck, I just watched the first one yesterday. My first impression tells me is: "Why is Silver Surfer piggybacking Fantastic Four's movie?" Not only that, but I didn't think the first movie to be that great, but it was on par for the heros it has. The only reason why I know more about FF4 than Silver Surfer is because there are four charcters with FF4 than Silver Surfer. Does Silver Surfer even have his own arch-nemisis?
I have to agree with Blueeyed Gabu. The directors are focusing too much on the "bright lights" and "shiny things" in order to attract the low-brow audience. Ultimately, the original fans are alienated from one of their favorites.

I also want to point out that the overmarketing of A-list movies is not only absurdly annoying, it's also getting out of hand. I'm very tired of seeing all major food chains holding sweepstakes based on a super-hyped up movie. There should be a limit somewhere. It's also very embarrasing when the movie you have marketed to death and beyond blows up in your face. *see: the first Fantastic Four.*
The OCA
floramon Wrote:Why this movie got so many bad critics and reviews? :?:

Well read a review, and it should say why they feel that way.  Not everyone is going to like it like you do, it gets bad reviews because some people feel it was bad and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Mine of which it was a cool movie.  It was fun, had some cool action scenes, but nothing too overblown.  It had a solid plot, but not over complicated.  It's a movie you can sit and enjoy without working too much out.  Galactus was the weak part seeing as how they never actually showed "him", they showed a transport of him in my opinion.  That way the could say Galactus is in it, without actually representing him and spending tons of money on the CGI work for him.  I'm certain by now CGI clouds are damn near free compared to CGI giant planet eating people.

Suzaku999 Wrote:I also want to point out that the overmarketing of A-list movies is not only absurdly annoying, it's also getting out of hand. I'm very tired of seeing all major food chains holding sweepstakes based on a super-hyped up movie.

Regardless of who likes it or not, it is smart marketing because the majority will always be drawn in by it, and in the end that is why these things get made, for money.  So be prepared because it will only grow worse.

Harie Krauzer Wrote:My first impression tells me is: "Why is Silver Surfer piggybacking Fantastic Four's movie?"

Because they are testing the waters for a spin-off Silver Surfer movie series.
The Reclaimer Wrote:
Harie Krauzer Wrote:My first impression tells me is: "Why is Silver Surfer piggybacking Fantastic Four's movie?"

Because they are testing the waters for a spin-off Silver Surfer movie series.

Also, because when The Silver Surfer first appeared in comics, he was a foe of the Fantastic 4.
I heard the reviews, including the key ones from Ebert (the guy filling in for him) and Roeper (the guy filling in for Siskel). I have to agree. It looks terrible. It's another overblown please the average stupid movie-goer film, not a please a Marvel fan film. Though I haven't seen it, here would be my main gripes:
1. Jessica Alba is a horrible Invisible Woman! Her skin is too dark to be a believable blonde, even if they were to give her blue contacts, which they didn't.
2. Too much fucking CGI! I know it's cool and all, but I want to see someone wearing a Silver Surfer costume. This was also my main gripe with that awful Hulk movie.
3. I'm sorry, but as superheroes go, the Fantastic Four have never been anyone's favorite. Marvel has been forcing them down the throats of readers since the 60's, but I'm willing to bet their comics are not all that high on Marvel's list of top sellers. That's why there's four of them, because no single member has all that much appeal. Wolverine, Spider-Man, Daredevil, the Punisher, the Hulk, Iron Man, and Captain America (I can't believe he doesn't have a movie yet this decade) are the Marvel heroes with massive worldwide appeal.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
The Infamous Boss Reo Wrote:Also, because when The Silver Surfer first appeared in comics, he was a foe of the Fantastic 4.

Yes, but there were plans for a Silver Surfer solo movie before the first Fantastic Four movie even came out.  They certainly made the better move by introducing him in Fantastic Four, now if they spin-off they can do an origin story, use FF:RoSS as the second story, and then pick up after it.

Wisemon Wrote:Though I haven't seen it, here would be my main gripes:
I did see it, and I can honestly say they are unfounded gripes.

Wisemon Wrote:1. Jessica Alba is a horrible Invisible Woman!  Her skin is too dark to be a believable blonde, even if they were to give her blue contacts, which they didn't.
Actually they do give her blue contacts in the second one, watch a trailer, and she does quite well as the Invisible Woman.
Wisemon Wrote:2. Too much fucking CGI!  I know it's cool and all, but I want to see someone wearing a Silver Surfer costume.  This was also my main gripe with that awful Hulk movie.
Well they do a non CGI surfer, though he isn't very silver but with reason...and as for CGI heroes in general, you could at least try to present another safe effective way to do a streching man, a person on fire, as well as a good Silver Surfer who dosen't look like a shiny piece of toilet paper or a human wrapped in aluminum foil if you are going to complain about the technology.

Wisemon Wrote:3. I'm sorry, but as superheroes go, the Fantastic Four have never been anyone's favorite.��Marvel has been forcing them down the throats of readers since the 60's, but I'm willing to bet their comics are not all that high on Marvel's list of top sellers.  That's why there's four of them, because no single member has all that much appeal.  Wolverine, Spider-Man, Daredevil, the Punisher, the Hulk, Iron Man, and Captain America (I can't believe he doesn't have a movie yet this decade) are the Marvel heroes with massive worldwide appeal.
This isn't a movie gripe so much as it seems a general comic book opinion. Almost every comic fan I talk to loves Fantastic Four, actually its a favorite for many of them, and as for there being Four of them because they don't individually have as much appeal well...that is the whole damn point.  They were made to appeal as a team, not as individuals, because they were created when superheroes were mainly solo acts, they were meant to add something new to comics.  And as a team they appeal more than most single superhero hands down...I think the only hero on that list you have that I would watch over the Fantastic Four would be Spider-Man...maybe Iron Man, but that'd be it.

Oh and they have a Captain America movie in development, of course.
Next year got Iron Man movie, hope it's good. But...how to make the big weapon (fire canon?)? :D
[Image: Renamon2.jpg]