Join our server on Discord

Mantitory visit to the Chat-room
Why hello there. I didn't see you walk in. *Sets his book on his lap and takes his glasses off.* My name is Asesino. Now, I haven't been on the DaD very long, so you may very well tell me to cram my suggestion in my ass. I ask you to hear me out. You may have noticed that little button, way up high that reads "Chat." Now, when you click that button, it'll take you to a magical land, more commonly known as a chat-room. At this point you're thinking "Hey, I can chat, and I like rooms! Let's go!" just to find out that no one is in there but you. What happened? No one is interested? No one likes chatting with other people? Zergling rush? No.

And so I ask, why? I have noticed that there are many people active on the forum at any given time. That is why I suggest.. a Dictatorship! Every resident on the DaD that plans to be on the forums for a longer period of time will be required to log into the chat room. If this task is not completed, they will be executed. If you log into the chat-room to say you were there, and then log out, you will be executed. If you idle in the chat-room, you will be executed.

*Puts leg up on a chair and slings a sweater over his shoulder.* My point is, if everyone that is just sitting, watching the forums, waiting for a sign of life showed up in the chat-room, the community would become closer. Everyone would prosper. (Except those who were executed, bless their souls.)

So please, take this into consideration. I believe that having an active chat-room would help the community. If you took the time to read this pop-culture reference filled, unintelligent, rant/speech/suggestion, then consider saving the chat-room. Or be executed. *Sits back in his chair by the fire, puts his glasses back on and opens his book.* Thank you, and good night. Oh, and yes. I am insane.
As a person with actual power here, I will put my vote for no. I have no idea if it would work in firefox or my computer.
I'm not exactly moved by dictatorships after the history classes I had last year. But I know one thing: Many people here don't like crowded places that, if over-crowded would become impossible to manage, thus ending in people not getting messages at all and many of them getting annoyed. My point is, forcing people to go to the chat room will deliberately be asking for people to leave the forum, and that's not good.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I think his was actually more of a "Why isn't anyone in there?" type thing than an actual suggestion.. I use the chat sometimes.. but lately I've been lagging too much to even consider it.
Note: The dictatorship thing was a joke. Also, it's not that I want people to stop visiting the forums, I want people to also visit the chat-room. Talk to people in real-time, and not waiting for someone to post. It isn't hard to do both. My computer is a pile of crap, but I can still do both quite easily.
While I like your avatar and CT, I just don't do chat rooms. I never really did.
UnknownH Wrote:While I like your avatar and CT, I just don't do chat rooms. I never really did.

Hmm. Well. That's a shame. And yes, my Avatar and personal message thing rule.
Well, my computer has menopause, and when I try to go into the chatroom, it has an episode. I would most certainly be executed.
The OCA
I vote no, even though I would like it to be full, I mean if you are in charge of a group you could make a listing on the calendar for a meeting where all the members would have to be involved with. I made alot of suggestions but saying this is mandatory, it means we would have like 10 members left.

I would like it but if you want to chat with someone you could PM and ask them if they would join you in it.

Lastly, people like post counts and with that you can't go into the chat and build then.

For those reasons I reach my decision of voting for a no.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
We can use those chatrooms for a quick RPG. But's quite bare I'm afraid.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers