Join our server on Discord

Titanic
During its time, Titanic was the world's most expensive movie ever made and practically stole almost all the Oscars. I really don't know why because Titanic is the worst movie ever made. There, I said it. It's worse than motherfucking Teenage Caveman and that's saying a lot. At least, Teenage Caveman wasn't nearly as long to watch albeit it felt like eternity to sit through.

The reason I bitch is because even to this day, some people think this movie is very romantic and great movie to watch with someone you like. A movie that'll make you both happy and what is perfect way to end a date. Maybe thanks to this movie, you'll get lucky tonight, am I rite? (For the record, the perfect movie for that is Toxic Avenger. Trust me.)

It's not. Never watch this movie, it only depresses and wastes your time. The movie lasts 3 hours, which most of the movie you're following the wacky events of two shallow and boring characters. It's incredibble how little depth the characters have since the movie is almost nothing but resolving around the two people.

Fun fact about the movie; At one point the woman goes to icy cold water and this was actually really cold water The water the actress had to go was in fact so cold that she actually shat her panties!! Bet you never knew that.

Okay, I made that up. But wouldn't it have been a killer add on to "bloobers" reel?

[Image: condi_bush_titanic.jpg]

To the neverland and beyond!!!

My main beef with this movie isn't in the way it exploits a tragedy and almost as if demanding to be loved for the exposure ("How can you hate that movie? Don't you know how much the people SUFFERED because of those events?!") but rather from the way it tries to be "realistic" and yet, it tries to be a romantic movie. All the death and all the pain so the two adultery commiters could experience a love unlike anyone has ever felt? Sounds like a fair trade off! Meanwhile, we see a child and father introduced and killed off in next second before you can even say "bad character development." Oh and the husband of the woman starts chasing them around a sinking ship with a gun. Uhuh. Right.

In short, I think the movie could have been made so much better if they would have decided to either stick by facts or do a movie. Or they could have been really original and make a movie where the Titanic doesn't sink and it'd just sail and sail and sail.... Admit it, you never cared about the love story, you just wanted it to sink already so the movie would end.

[Image: titanic_ver2.jpg]

A sequel, set up to improve on the original concept.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
the last part was what kept going th rough my mind "SINK ALREADY DAMN IT This movie SUCKS"

oddly enough we were dragged there because my bro at the time considered himself a Titanic afficinado...we all regreted it...
I'm proud to say I never saw the movie, and I never intend to, and there's not a girl alive who can convince me to watch it with her, which is probably a microcosm for why I don't go on dates.

I really enjoy the pictures you throw into your rants.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I watched it once when my parents rented it, but I was more interested in the sinking of the ship than I was in the romance part. I went and saw Pearl Harbor for the same reason.
Well, First things first, I hate celine dion. I hate her only for the song she put out for this movie. If I ever hear that song and you're the cause of it, I will hurt(meaning punch) you. I may not even care who you are. Even Wise maybe. As I had to hear that song from my sister too much and it really angered me to levels that my dad usually only gets to. Also the macerna will get the same response.

Now then, I did not like this movie. It knocked a good movie off the best selling movies of all time from number 1 and I did not ever see it.
As a great? man once said, (paraphrased) "No amount of boobs will make me see this movie."

And that's what I think.
Quote:I watched it once when my parents rented it, but I was more interested in the sinking of the ship than I was in the romance part. I went and saw Pearl Harbor for the same reason.
Sure... I think you're just a softie for fuzzy romance movies.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
"Sure... I think you're just a softie for fuzzy romance movies."

Even if that were true, I dumped romance movies after my girlfriend dumped me.
gah. The nude painting scene (which is parodied by some artists) is not even fapping. Back when I was high school Titanic's popularity annoyed me. I also got a book called "Lies My Teacher Told Me" that said there were even macabre events during the sinking. The captain held the poor people at gunpoint to prevent them from escaping the ship. And they make a sappy love story out of this tragedy and it won 11 Academy Awards ? What the fuck were these sick jokers smoking?
They knew women would pay to see some cute guy like that.
No offense but it's true.
Twisted I'll delete it once I'm scolded at. Twisted
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers