Join our server on Discord

The Static Fields of Eccentricity

( This is for anyone to join, really. Set in a... 'pocket', so to speak; between the Digital and the Real world. I would garner to say that it looks like something out of the .Hack games, if you've ever played 'em. Those awkward, 'corrupt data' lands you visit from time to time. Not too sure if I have a plot at all yet. I just enjoy the creating of things. )

Static bristled across the line of the horizon, as if someone had brushed an unseen hand, smearing the clouds for a fraction of a second; distorting variables of sight... and it all recollected again. It was a periodic occurrence, though it seemed to have no set interval at which it happened. It was simply the nature of the place. Or at least... that is what he had come to believe by watching... which was all he really cared to do at that moment in time.

Blood-tinged tailed flicked idly back and forth as he crouched on that outcropping of rock... cliff... small mountain. Gray. Desolate. Crimson hues scanned out over the ominously quiet plain. Nothing but gray rubble; oddly colored tears in the world sparking with dulled colors appearing here; disappearing... another cycle. He stared blankly at the ruins of buildings in the distance. They were ghost like skyscrapers... fragments of what they would have been in the Real world.

The altered Fangmon scritched his claws against the stone he perched upon and let his gaze lift back to the horizon as another flash of static marred the awkwardly beautiful sky. ... And that was when he moved. Finally. ... Rising from his outcropping, his vantage point; he slid down the slope to meet the hard ground on all fours. Slowly he pushed himself back onto his hind legs and progressed. Destination? Not really known. Toward those ruined buildings and possibly beyond. This place was far too interesting, and smelled faintly like home.

Somewhere marching along, as it were; he grew tired of idly strolling down the distort, hazed field of granite. It seemed to him those ruined buildings refused to get any closer... so he dropped to all fours. Muscles coiled; tensed. He sprang forward with an uttered grunt that dislodged itself from the depths of his throat as effort was applied to movement. Onyx tinged claws ripped over the hard, gray matter that composed the drab appearance of the ground. But... at least it was solid. He didn't quite think falling through an endless tear in this betwixt-world would be much fun; looping through static fields of disarray. Though he did have to wonder, if it did occur; was there the possibility that he would come out of it?

The uncharted glitches that seemed to happen every so often kept him wondering. So he just figured there was the possibility. Ah... thoughts and questions. Well, in any case; thinking gave him something to do while he ran, subconsciously keeping his breath in check so he didn't tire as swiftly.

Minutes blurred past as the skies shimmered and twitched with color inverted fragments. Finally, after what seemed like eons he reached the first still-standing skeletons of the buildings. A cloud of dust eagerly worked itself into a frenzy as he skidded along, almost to a stop. Almost. If he hadn't of raised back onto his hind legs and kept himself moving forward.

He reached out as he progressed, sliding claws over an edge of ruined concrete and rusted metal, as if to make sure it was real. When he scraped along a solid surface he was reassured. He tread through streets of broken asphalt, head canting from side to side. He didn't smell anything out of the ordinary; no sign of movement or life for that matter. Was this all just one big dead pocket of space?

He hoped not.
all right two things one set up a background and profiles
look at other rpg's for help

number two
don't double post
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
Sure, alright. Two things?

1. Not everything needs a background or a profile. Just go with the flow. It's why you have an imagination.

2. I started the thread. If I feel like making another post after a day or so, that's my call.