Join our server on Discord

Poll: What do you listen to on the radio?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nothing
42.86%
3 42.86%
Anything
0%
0 0%
My favorite music station
57.14%
4 57.14%
Radio Talk Shows
0%
0 0%
Radio TV Broadcasts
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Radio
What do you listen to on the radio?
Veemon's Followers
I don't listen to the radio anymore. I listen to music samples on Amazon and use those to decide if this is a group I want to add to my CD collection. Some of the worst collecting mistakes I've made can be attributed to the hypnotic lure of radio. Here's a list of radio bands that, in retrospect, I wish I hadn't purchased:
Red Hot Chili Peppers (1 CD)
Rob Zombie (1 CD)
System of a Down (1 CD)

There's probably more, but that's all I'm willing to admit to right now.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
i have a lot of downloaded** music, and at night i listen to a jazz radio station.

** this music is NOT illegal!!
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
I listen to many different stations depending on where I am, and what I am doing..

For working out, I tend to go with the rock station..

At work, country because that is what the old guy likes, and it is also what comes in best on the little radio there.

relaxing at home.. sometimes rock, sometimes country.
To expand upon my point, I should also mention some of my favorite bands that I was only able to hear for the first time by not listening to the radio:
Rise Against (before they made it to the radio)
Good Riddance
Less Than Jake (before they made it to the radio)
Soul Asylum (the punk albums they put out in the 80's)
Husker Du
Hot Water Music
Bad Religion (surprisingly, they haven't made it to the radio since switching back to their own label)
Kicked in the Head
Minor Threat
Split Fifty
Zero Down
Only Crime
American Lesion
The Draft

Now, to be fair, I should also mention the radio bands whose albums I've been proud to buy:
A.F.I.
Audioslave
Foo Fighters
Metallica
Puddle of Mudd
Rage Against the Machine
Shinedown
Silverchair
Soul Asylum
Soundgarden
Stabbing Westward
Stone Temple Pilots
The Offspring
"Weird Al" Yankovic

I guess what I'm saying is: The radio is a good place to start to figure out your tastes, but it's not where you should end up.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I listen to BBC Radio 7, the comedy, si fi and detective story station. It's digital,, so I use a DAB radio or the internet to tune in. Also, no adverts.
I listen to a few radio stations only because I have a fear of taking my CD's into my car. I would hate for them to get scratched or anything like that. My dad listens to the radio talk shows because he likes to listen to other Republicans spout off random ideas and war strategies.
Veemon's Followers
I usually listen to a few select radio stations, but mostl of them are rock stations. New rock, alternative, classic rock...and so on. Whether it be at work, working out at home, or driving in my car. (where I listen to CDs, as well!) I will occasionally surf the stations for other type of music, if I can't find anything I like...but 99% of the time it's rock!
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
THe only radio i ever listened too was 89.5 FM Seton Hall Radio, which way back had some of the best rock music out there, and I used to listen to 92.3 KRock before Howard moved too XM radio. Lastly 106.7FM when it used to be for obscure music. Like everything good things come and go.

The only radio I listen to now, is pandora..

www.pandora.com

Thats it because atleast it is free on the internet. Check it out if you want. When it comes to CD's just bought 30 more, and well Wisemon may be envious. (just bought some of those CD's listed in your post.) :P
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:My dad listens to the radio talk shows because he likes to listen to other Republicans spout off random ideas and war strategies.

......Really now Roran...I never noticed.... lol
He still scares the shit out of me...nothing is gonna change that.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
The OCA