Join our server on Discord

I need some help..
I decided I want to try to role play... but, I haven't ever done it before, and I don't want to ask Chris or my other friends for help... So, I'll ask here.. how do you role play?
Basically, the first thing to do is create a Character. Which in essense, and obviously, will be you playing a role; that's where the term Role Play comes from.

The Game itself is produced when the role starts being played in a Story, which you or someone else has given. Many RPGs are played like this:

Guy A: Take this! *Shots super beam of awesomeness towards Guy B*

Guy B: Mega-uber-pwner-evade!! *Jumps and does a triple spin in the air*

That's just an example of the common role playing. In fact, that's how it should go, however, here we have adopted another style, which is writing like in fiction, I like to call it 'Dialogal style' and it's like when you write a novel or a short story; for more information, just check any RPG here.

So, those are the basics. You can practically be anybody you want (Always following the rules) and do everything you want (Same as before). Now, there are few GENERAL rules you should really pay attention to: God-Mode, Power Play and Post Flood, between others.

God-Mode: In fights: Means your character can evade, kill anything and never have any weakness at all.
In story: Is an attention whore, always wants to be the center of attention between other characters, anything good happens to him, everybody trusts him, etc.

It's also god modding if the theme of the RPG doesn't allow it, and you start spamming things like if you thought it was funny.

Power Play: This is an easy one. You can't control others in the RPGs, you can only control your characters. That also includes actions and reactions. For example:

Mr. Good guy is playing Guy A and Mr. n00b is playing Guy B.

Mr. Good writes for his character something like this:

Guy A: I rock! Now hand me your money!

Then Mr. n00b posts something like this:

Guy B: The hell do you want? Money's mine! *Pulls out a 70ft tall sword*

Guy A: Sorry sorry! I won't do it again! WAAHHH! *Goes running away crying like Michael Jackson*

That's a basic Power Play, but you CANNOT write EVEN what they had felt (i.e: For Mr. n00b "Guy A couldn't believe..." etc) or they are feeling (i.e: For Mr. n00b "Guy A could feel the tremendous power Guy B was emitting..." etc). However, you can make estimations, like this:

Mr. Good makes his character use a Poison Cloud, for example, and it's directed to Guy B. He can write: "The poison cloud approached Guy B, it would paralyze him with a non-stoppable and painful venom if it hit."

See? Indirect ways of writing reactions for others is acceptable, just remember not to go overboard.

Last but not least, there's Post Flood. When I introduced this new rule to the DaD, I made a basic and general amount which we'll call 8. Now I'll explain more on that.
Post Flooding is a rule that prevents users (When there are more than 2 playing) to post BILLIONS of posts while others can't. So I have two points to teach about this:

The first one is called Flood: Remember the 8? Well, that means between TWO users (i.e: Mr. Berry and Mr. n00b), while they are playing with Mr. Leftover in the same RPG, post between each other while Mr. Leftover isn't logged in.

Let's say Mr. Berry and Mr. n00b start posting like this:

Mr. Berry: [insert post here]
Mr. n00b: [insert post here]
Mr. Berry:[insert post here]

They made 8 consecutive posts between each other (in this case, 4 for each of them) and then, Mr. Leftover comes and see them playing. It's not so bad, so he decides to post. But, let's say they had exceed and instead of 8, it was 16 posts. That doesn't sound good, does it? Why? Because of time, yes, time. You can't afford to read LOADS of posts before posting your own if you've only been away for only three or four hours, or maybe just a day. Unfortunately, there are many people who forget (Including me, it happens a lot) and they post without thinking on others. And when it's a RPG with about 7 people and only two are posting like mad, it becomes troublesome for later.

And well, some people decided to change their Flood Limit in their RPGs, because since they are Game Masters (GMs, or the creators of the RPG Topic), I decided it would be fair for them to set their own rules too. So if they change the rules, be sure to read them.

And the second point is when you reach a point while there's no Flood between two users. BUT, there's somebody who got caught behind, meaning everybody's posting, except him/them. Mr. Leftover can get really pissed off and leave the RPG if they aren't waiting for him and he got to read loads of replies before posting his own, that's common sense. So that's why my friend Shadow (Shadowknight is his username) suggested that a page could NOT be completed without Mr. Leftover/s to post in them. That was made into a rule.

Now, to make sure nobody would abuse that, I also made a rule called 'Static Status', which means that if you're away and don't post for about 48 (aproximately) hours, then you're officially static in the RPG and anybody's free to ignore your character/s and they are not forced to wait for you anymore.

*Whew* That was a lot, anyhoo, you'll notice many RPGs have their own rules, so be sure to check them out. For reference to other rules and different explanations, just head to the RPG pads (Traditional, Yaoi, Yuri, Straight, Fetish or Mixed) and read their Sticky topic that refers to their rules. After done, check if the GMs have changed any rules and then you're officially safe.

That's all! Hope it helps you!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Now I get it! lol

Its like writing a story, but only controling a few characters, while someone else does the others :)

The rest of the rules kinda make sense.. I'm sure I can figure them out now :)
Good, I'm glad I could be of help. Just do it your way, if somebody doesn't like it, tell me and I'll take care of them, heh heh heh.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Another question.. um... How do you describe how your character would feel during something... if you don't know how it feels yourself? Like... I've noticed a lot of the games are sexually oriented.. but I've never.. done anything like that.. :oops:
Neither I have. It's all about your imagination and sexual knowledge, as a general rule, you should know about men and women parts, that's all you gotta know. If you know about things that are true about sexual arousal in any fetish way, you can include that and make any post more interesting.

Let's say you are doing a Yuri (Female/Female) RPG and you know any tension point in a woman, for example in her neck (that's a very common one, I know it because I can easily make girls moan while massaging even in the open) and given you know how to treat her, you can just introduce that to your own character's knowledge.

Remember that a character that knows about everything is a God-Modder, so try to limit things to what your character specializes about.

If you want a small way of creating a character for sexual related RPGs, just go like this:

- Create Character's Outlook.
- Give them a name (Duh)
- Give them a certain age (Mostly for how sexually mature they are)
- Give them a race (You know, most people use furries here, but you can use hybrids or humans too)
- Think of his cock's length when unerected and when erected.
- Think of her measurements and clitoris size (The bulb is very sensitive, according to common sense, being able to toy with more and more of it is like putting vaginal pressure to a guy's cock, or in fewer words, more pleasure)
- Give them special perks (Like if their race makes them have bigger bodies, thinner bellies, larger ball-sacks, their breasts hide till their are aroused and such)
- The most important thing: Give them fetishes. It's extremely a must for a character who's gonna have sex in a RPG to have a fetish or something that makes them exceptionally horny.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Okay!

Hmm... This should be interesting... :) I know what I'm gonna do now.

Thanks hun!
No prob cutie, hope to see ya soon around the plays!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Stuck for people's comfort's sake :3
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Double posts come in doubles!
Please delete double post.