Join our server on Discord

A church sues Resistance
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20070609/tu...a1618.html

WTF IS THIS...I've heard of and seen churches used in games involving shooting yet they only complain about Resistance THIS DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE!
Actually, I'd say they've got a very winnable lawsuit on their hands.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
It's england so who cares. They may complain about a lot. They once changed the word ninja to hero in a show. Lame. And real weak.
UnknownH Wrote:It's england so who cares. They may complain about a lot. They once changed the word ninja to hero in a show. Lame. And real weak.

Exactly and personally I dont think they can win like if New york sued Marvel or Bed Bath and Beyond tryed to sue Happy Gilmore productions ((for "Click" ))
Quote:Exactly and personally I dont think they can win like if New york sued Marvel or Bed Bath and Beyond tryed to sue Happy Gilmore productions ((for "Click" ))
In those two examples, the movie inclusion is just good publicity. In the case of a church used without permission for a game the church would deem sinful, it's not such good publicity.
I know that you saw me.
Geez i realize it goes against most christians beleifs but is it really that necessary to start throwing lawsuits around
Meh, If they don't want it used they shouldn't make it so damn easy to get the pictures. You know.. like, maybe not let people take pictures inside like a lot of churches do for everything (unless you go through the proper channels for it..)

If a photographer got pictures of the inside of it, then they let him do it, making the building's appearance in the game their own fault.
UnknownH Wrote:It's england so who cares. They may complain about a lot. They once changed the word ninja to hero in a show. Lame. And real weak.

Next week, we look at American dubbing of Anime.

Manchester Cathederal is a public place where people actively worship, as well as a tourest destination for some. They wouldn't ban pictures, and I doubt anyone imagined that it might become part of a computer game.
I had a feeling a rant about an English landmark might catch your attention.
I know that you saw me.
It's just a landmark. You didn't see the US getting in a snarl when you could impale someone on the Washington Monument in Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side, nor did the Vatican get upset about a gun battle in a fictitious Catholic church in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

People need to get the stick out of their ass.