Join our server on Discord

Digimon World Data Squad
This is the US version of Digimon Savers: Another Mission

And here is the synopsis obtained through IGN

"Players will take control of Marcus Damon, a bright 14-year old who happens to be an undefeated street fighter. Along with the Data Squad, Marcus must investigate the mysterious disappearance of his peers. The Seven Demon Kings turn out to be behind the kidnappings, and players must defeat the Kings and rescue the children."

Thoughts?
Marcus? Why'd they pick Marcus?
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
That is the dub name for Masaru...Tohma is Thomas, Yoshino is still Yoshino, but will be nicknamed and called Yoshi, Chika is Kristy, Satsuma is Sampson...etc., but this is all DUB information and though it will probably carry into the game, I'm going to stop with it.
Still a stupid name. But I like Yoshi

Yoshi: *Jumps out of a pipe* WAHHHH!!! Hmmm, WAHHHH!! *Jumps back down the pipe*

Shadow: Okay think I lost my train of thought somewhere.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Why did they pick that? Because kids can't say masaru. And that's that.
Also, someone's mom in one of the series was named yoshie.
For one show there was this one site for it that said they renamed a few characters for english dub and it said the reason why was because they thought american kids would be too dumb to remember the names. 0_0 Well since their foreign names of course kids of the show's targeted age groups aren't going to remember.
wait there's another game coming out? but isnt Digimon World DS = Savers? because i looked at the box and the Agumon on it had the little red things on his claws...or i was just seeing things...
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Yes, Digimon World DS is Savers related, this one Digimon World Data Squad, actually has you controlling Marcus (dub name, for dub product) and team. You are not some random person.
ahhh. gotcha.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Dvolve Wrote:For one show there was this one site for it that said they renamed a few characters for english dub and it said the reason why was because they thought american kids would be too dumb to remember the names. 0_0 Well since their foreign names of course kids of the show's targeted age groups aren't going to remember.

And please, we are not getting in to if kids now could remember or say masaru or any of the other names. Because I am not getting someone banned because they wouldn't shut up about it.
Long story but that happened at this other site. Someone was banned for a little bit because of that.