Join our server on Discord

help with a virus plz
a freind of mine has a virus and cant use the internet to search on how to get rid of it his anti virus cant find it here is his description
Quote:a fuckup or virus in windows that makes it so your interface looks normal but you cant actually run anything
if you have any ideas plz tell
you can do this one in every 30 times and still have 97% positive feedback
[Image: youcandothisoneinevery30timesandsti.png]
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
Try to run it in safe mode.

If that doesn't help, then you are screwed. Same thing happend to my computer upstairs. Basically, you have to delete everything. Make sure that you have your computer's start-up disc/s before you whipe your comp though.
Renamon's Army
Does it happen all of the time? Or just right now? because that sounds like a computer lockup rather than a virus...
Oh true...

Lol, that makes a big difference.
Renamon's Army
Try those startup options: Safe mode, last known good configuration, etc. If they don't work, try a system restore (Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools on Windows XP). If that doesn't work, then since he can't do anything on the interface, then installing an Antivirus software client will do no good, because he won't be able to use it. Re-installing Windows would be his best bet then.

If he does install AV software, I recommend the latest version of Kaspersky. It's rated number one and picks up stuff that Symantec and many others miss.
All things being fair...If he boot ups his comp with, say, a Norton disk, it will do a virus scan before Windows even starts.
It's as same like Brontok virus.

Final solution, format your PC. Move your important documents to other partition (drives) and format drive C:\. This is what I usually do to my customer's PC.

When it comes to very-hard-to-remove virus, formating the hard drive is the solution.
Find me at SoFurry.com and Furrypile.co.uk
[Image: 3813135.png] [img][Image: YVNJ5.gif][/img]
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
after you fix it i suggest avast antivirus seartch on google you get a sixty day trial and at the end you can rempove it and replace it

its good ot found 4 trojans and 2 worms my old norton missed (it came installed on a new laptop i bought this year)

xD
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
Norton or McAfee aren't really all that great for Virus Protection. I had to re-format my entire Hard Drive with the Destructive Restore to get rid of a couple of Viruses I had on mine. AVG is a good one to have. I got mine at downloads.com and it picked up what the other two didn't.

Thought I'd share the info :D
Nyaa... Will be around but not very much.
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions