Join our server on Discord

Poll: What polutes, is it....
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The car itself
0%
0 0%
The engine
0%
0 0%
The fuel
50.00%
5 50.00%
The driver
40.00%
4 40.00%
Don't know
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Vehicles need love for fuel?
Ahem. i have a question. if i had a gas guzzler for a car, would you say that its the car that pollutes the world/ atmosphere, the engine, the fuel or is it yours truly? Answer me that.
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
fuel....
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
fuel!
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Technically it's the fuel, but the poor efficiency engine is bad, as well as the large car that requires a large, innefficient engine. But in the end, if people didn't buy large, inefficient vehicles, they wouldn't be made and therefore wouldn't pollute the environment. The driver, for me.
Senjuro is correct, it's the fuel that pollutes the enviroment, no matter what type of engine the car has. But one could always find ways of making the engine more fuel efficient and less polluting...or replace the entire engine itself. For example, I have an older car which I am working on. I have already had the engine rebored, updated most of the electronics and pollution control devices...all this to make the vehicle as clean as possible. (I love older cars!) Although, I believe that hybrids and fuel cells are the wave of the future.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
I voted for fuel.

If cars ran on water, there wouldn't be any problem.
Ethanol, Hydrogen. They'll come up with a good idea eventually.
Renamon's Army
They can. the just won't without some form of . All it takes is a bit of energy and it'll be done baddabing baddaboom. Oh and it is the fuel. If all cars didn't pollute then it wouldn't matter how much fuel is being wasted.

So many choices but so little thinking on it.
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I'm with Senjuro. If people didn't buy them, they wouldn't make them. You're the polluter.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I don't drive an SUV. Not really because of the environment, but because I don't like driving bulky cars. My volvo is big enough for me.

So yeah, it depends on your point of view. If all the places I had to go were close, I wouldn't drive so much. Yet, everything is far apart here.
Renamon's Army
"In the United States, Section 179 depreciation deduction, sometimes known as the 'SUV subsidy' allows small-business owners to deduct up to $25,000 of the cost of a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of over 6000 lb (2722 kg) from their income tax calculation. Small-business owners may deduct $10,610 of the cost of a passenger automobile. This provides a slight tax incentive for businesses to purchase an SUV. However, the cost of both SUVs and automobiles is fully deductible over future years using normal depreciation."

So the government encourages people to buy vehicles with poor fuel efficiency so they'll sell more oil. Hmmm....

Also, about fuel economy:

"The recent popularity of SUVs is generally thought of as one reason the U.S. population has begun consume more gasoline than in previous years. SUVs are as a class much less fuel efficient than comparable passenger vehicles. The main reason is that SUVs are classified by the U.S. government as light trucks, and thus are subject to the less strict light truck standard under the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) regulations. The CAFE requirement for light trucks is an average of 20.7 mpg (US), versus 27.5 mpg (US) for passenger cars (11.4L/100km and 8.6L/100km, respectively).

By design SUVs have numerous fuel-inefficient features. Their high profile increases wind resistance and their mass requires heavier suspensions and larger engines, which both contribute to increased vehicle weight."

Having read that, if you still go out and buy an SUV, then it's not the fuel or the car that's polluting; it's you.