Join our server on Discord

Handhelds and the games
This thread is to talk about the systems and the games basicly :P

PSP and DS, i own both and i love them, but they have their flaws.

The PSP has about between ps1 and ps2 graphics, fairly nice games but really expensive. The DS, just about half the price of the PSP graphics are better then the GBA but its still a huge diffrence compared to the PSP, the touch screen is also a bonus, it's kind of gimmicky some of the games are solid though. They are great systems but they need better games.

Monster Hunter Freedom - PSP
This is by far one of the best games the PSP has, challenging yes, very challenging, most reviews of this game are pretty bad but its a really good game. Graphics are superb and the game is fairly diffrent from a regular action adventure game. Alot of the quest's seem daunting but can be defeated easily. Basiclly your trying to become a hunter, fighting against dinosaurs/dragons to protect your village. More strategy then action this game has a steep learning curve, collecting items and carving out the material from the corpses of your enimes you can create weapons and armour with their caracasses.
You have to admit, the DS is better. It just has better games. But there are some good PSP games.
i have both and this is my "review":

DS
-----------------------------------

the DS has some great games, like FF3, LostMagic, Nintendogs, New SMB, Animal Crossing: WW, MarioKart DS, Castlevania, and a lot of others. sure, the graphics on this little puppy might not be the best, but they ARE above that of the N64, but not up to Gamecube's level, so the graphics are okay with me, not that i really care about them anyways. and the touch screen. aahhh the good ol' touch screen. it gives a reason that you cant complain about bad controls in most games, and can be used in hundreds of ways, like in Wario Ware: Touched. the WiFi is good, because a LOT of games are single-cart, unlike the PSP, which only has a few games that are single-disc multiplayer. and DS can load games a LOT faster than the PSP can, because its reading off of a card, not a CD. and that brings me to the battery life. DS can run for 4 hours on the brightest setting, and a solid, 19 hours on the lowest brightness setting. while PSP on the other hand, runs for about an hour and a half on highest brightness, and 3 hours on the lowest. now onto Nintendo WiFi connection. i personally like it, and dont like it. currently it just searches for other people who are searching, and matches are with random people, unless you have their code registered, which you can only do by getting it from the person by talking to them. this is usually done on forums / AIM / MSN and the such. i guess nintendo is really worried about pedophiles lol :P

PSP
------------------------------------------

Black Gaming Brick of the future! ahh when i got my psp i was so excited. i had Death Jr, and it was a great game lemme tell ya; platforming AND gunning at the same time! what could be better? and the game lasted me about 3 months, mostly because i didnt play it much, but it still was a great, fun, challenging game. anyways, some games i have for it are: Death Jr, Lumines, GTA:LCS, Me & My Katamari(GREAT KATAMARI GAME FTW), and Untold Legends(another great RPG for the PSP). now the load times on Untold Legends, they're horrible. im talkin' like 30 second load screens where you get to look at a picture and a pretty scrolling silver bar. but other than that, the game was GREAT. the psp does have a GIANT selection of "homebrew" or custom programs people like you and me made for it. now sony, doesnt like this, because some of that homebrew is used for pirating games, and thats why theres like 13 something firmware updates to block it, but you can get things like:

Emulators for: NES, SNES, Game Gear, Genesis, GB, GBA, and now, theres even a FULL SPEED PS1 Emulator. and an N64 emulator that can run SM64 at 22 \ 30 fps. how amazing is that?!

so,

DS
----
Pros:

great games
touch screen
huge battery life
lots and lots of multiplayer
ONLINE ENABLED GAMES :D
DS Lite is small and sleek, and just as powerful as the original DS model.

Cons:
Graphics - this isnt really a con for me, but for some people it is, so i'll put it here.

PSP
---------------------

Pros:

nice crispy graphics
good "CD Quality" sound.
Homebrew
ability to play MP3's / Videos / Pictures
Internet Browser. ^.^ <3
sleek layout

Cons:
low battery life
big and bulky
CD's take a LOT longer to load

that's my "review" :P
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Aww you didn't even menton Digimon World or Lunar Knights for The DS.

The Pokemon coming out for the DS uses the mic funtion and you can talk to your friends which amuses me because kids will most likely be cussing each other out. Which reminds me any good games coming out for these do you guys know? All i care about is Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for the PSP and this Harvest Moon game, they said it was like harvest moon with a sword so i'm supsecting its a free roam action/adventure game :D, plus Maple Story for the DS but i don't if it will be released at all outside of Korea ._.
Um, I Like the Ds better then the psp, its just better for multiplayer games like Mario kart Ds, and Tetris...lol....Yes even most of the single player games, like Pokemon Diamond & pearl (I havent played'em myself but i can infer they will be good) digimon world, FFIII, Kirby canvas curse, Kirby squeak squad, And most mario games!

ys the Psp has pretty good graphics, and is a partial MP3, and has some other good functions...But the games for it arnt teh best, or games i would play, it really depends on what games your into...Like if your a fighting game/Shooting/ action style gaming psp is for you...If you like fantasy games The nintendo DS is for you...So it really just depends your personality to determine what handheld system is better for you...And thats about it..
ds lite hands down if any of ou read gm b4 it came out in japan hundreds were returned in the first week as disk trays would fall back out or summit like that dead pixels and so on
my steprothers exgirlfreinds daughter returned her psp as it was missing 2 lines of pixels ut had them then disappeared
who here has had that happen to a ds the only complaint i er heard was where a freind of minr lrft it open and a cat walked over it
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
A stepbrother's ex-girlfriend's daughter? So what does that make you?
Absolutely nothing it seems.
Sorry, I saw what might have been an opening so I made a joke. I do that sometimes.