Join our server on Discord

Whats your favorite song?
I never said she was my role model hun... lol.. I just love her songs :)

I honestly don't think I would pick any famous person for a role model.. for an example of a style of music maybe.. but not as someone I would like to be like when I'm older.

If I absolutely had to pick a singer for a role model.. I'd probably pick Terri Clark or another country singer... you don't normally hear about them going to drug rehab or eating their first born children.. or whatever the rockers are doing these days :P
Lamb of God - Ruin

I absolutely love this song it the entire song straight through is solid guitar, drums, and vocals. Easily one of the best Metal bands out there if not THE best. Turn your volume all the way up for this one.

The OCA
Quote:I absolutely love this song it the entire song straight through is solid guitar, drums, and vocals. Easily one of the best Metal bands out there if not THE best. Turn your volume all the way up for this one.
The guitar solo was pretty good, but the rest was pretty lame. The vocalist is just another frog-throated death/hatred/pain spewer. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I think that's exactly what he said. That's not a song. Also, the instrumental stops and starts are a weak technique. You want to know what metal is supposed to sound like? Listen to some old Metallica, not the Avril Lavigne Metallica.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I guess its just me but I didnt really find Metallica's music too appealing to me even the old stuff I tried to listen to some of it but it wasnt right for me.

I like songs that are really heavy and fast like Ruin. Throughout the whole song the heavy guitar combined with their awsome drummer gets my energy flowing and my headbanging.
The OCA
Quote:I like songs that are really heavy and fast like Ruin. Throughout the whole song the heavy guitar combined with their awsome drummer gets my energy flowing and my headbanging.
I guess it has its place then, but to me, that's not a good song. A good song, musically, has riffs, tempo changes, and other techniques. Lyrically, it has some substance. I'm not picky to the point where I absolutely have to have both. I'm listening to the new Silverchair album, "Young Modern," right now, and musically, it might just be the most brilliant thing I've ever heard, but lyrically, there's a lot to be desired.
I know that you saw me.
I like songs that have a good beat and the ones where you can understand the singer. I may not know all of the terms and technical things like Wise.. but I know what I like to hear.

I laughed the first time I heard this song, and it isn't even really tryign to be funny. I like it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAeuR54DDts

He has quite a few songs I like. There are others of course.. but I don't know.. he just kinda sticks out.
Quote:I may not know all of the terms and technical things like Wise..
Actually, I don't know that much technical stuff about music.
I know that you saw me.
Well excuse me for finding it funny then. Just because you don't think its funny, doesn't mean that others won't.

I wonder.. Do you have a favorite song Wise? Or are you only posting in here to tear other's songs apart when you don't like them?
Quote:I wonder.. Do you have a favorite song Wise? Or are you only posting in here to tear other's songs apart when you don't like them?
I've got tons of favorite songs. See the beginning of the thread. And I'm not just here to tear apart. I like seeing what other people enjoy listening to. I find it to be an informative reflection of personality types, even if I don't necessarily like the song. When I don't like the song, I at least have the courtesy to explain why I don't like it.
I know that you saw me.
[quote=Wisemon]
Quote:Don't Matter - Akon

I just plain like the lyrics http://www.completealbumlyrics.com/lyric...atter.html
That's beyond terrible.