Join our server on Discord

Resident evil apocalypse made no sense at all.
I don't know if this qualifies as a rant, but I don't know where else to put it.

Well, I am starting to get into resident evil and i just finished watching the second resident evil movie a while ago. It has come to my attention that the second movie MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!

for those that are huge fans of the game, they probably have noticed it by now, but the movie is innacurrate following the resident evil storyline.

For instance:

when the first movie ends, Alice is taken in to a hospital to undergo experimentation. the gap between both movies is around 3 weeks. now, the movie was supposed to explain what happened before the first game and before RE zero. Sure, the movie was a good prelude to the game, but within the three weeks between the movies made sense. RE zero and 1 could have happened, but not RE2...

Why couldn't RE 2 have happened? well, firstly, the events of RE 2 happened 2 moths after the first game. The movie is inaccurate in that sense because 3 weeks after the incident at the HIVE, the government nukes Racoon city after the infection spread. The game does take place in Racoon city, so to me, that makes no sense at all...

thank you for taking the time to read this ridiculously crude rant...of sorts.
Actually Altima, the movies have nothing to do with the storyline of the games. They borrow some elements from the games, but they are not a part of the games' storyline. They are an entirely new story.
hmm? I saw the commentary for the first one, they did say that it was supposed to explain what happened before the first game.
Trust us when we say that movies are, nine times out of ten, not part of the story. I'm meaning two seperate entities made both games. Sure it can shine to some kinds of explanations, but to the hard core fans, it'll always be garabage. As for me, I've seen the movies, but I've never played the games. I was looking at Resident Evil 4, but I guess that has faded from my interest.

You have seen the Mortal Kombat movies, right?
Marie, if you're gonna pick up an RE title to get initiated, pick up RE2. I'd say it's the best RE title.

Back on movies...

The Silent Hill movie borrows a lot from the games, but it's merely similar events happening in a parralel reality to what happens in the games. That's a movie I'd recommend you go see. It's awesome and sticks pretty closely to the formula of the games and keeps the creepy "WTF" atmosphere the games are famous for.
Actually, the MK movies do follow the storyline of the games for the most part.. They add a few things of course, but they do follow it.

I haven't played any resident evil games.. and I never saw the movies, so I can't really compare them.
Niyara Wrote:Actually, the MK movies do follow the storyline of the games for the most part.. They add a few things of course, but they do follow it.

Right... for the most part. First off, the "storyline" of Mortal Kombat is pretty shallow, so it is pretty easy to follow it for the most part. People fight and then someone dies. But I could argue forever how they mess it all up. Most of the ranting would be on the second movie, but the first one had blunders too.

It's why I never invested any of my money buying movies based on videogames. They just don't do either any justice. Games are longer than movies. I could also rant the same thing about turning books into movies as well. They're more accurate, but it still alters parts to appeal to mass audiences.
Here's all you need to know. Is is directed by uwe boll? That that's why. He sucks.
Quote:Right... for the most part. First off, the "storyline" of Mortal Kombat is pretty shallow, so it is pretty easy to follow it for the most part. People fight and then someone dies. But I could argue forever how they mess it all up. Most of the ranting would be on the second movie, but the first one had blunders too.
I concur with this conflicting assessment.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
When any movie is "based" on something, I never really pay much attention to it.

The movies were at least entertaining though.

Also, RE4, on the Gamecube... I hate how you can't see anything... with the fixed camera angles.
Renamon's Army