Join our server on Discord

Lego ban?
Just found this. It's a Youtube video of the newstory:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RnZy5TIGyjo
We're missing the real issue here: why are they playing with legos, anyway, when they're supposed to be studying real subjects? Maybe that's fine in kindergarten but when you get to second grade, you either have to start learning math and English or you're going to start falling behing pretty quickly.

Anyway, this is a non-story. Next.
Quote:why are they playing with legos

Recess.
Um... isn't them saying that private property is bad kindof a communist thing? Isn't that the one where the government owns everything and everyone gets what they need (in theory at least)
Quote:Um... isn't them saying that private property is bad kindof a communist thing? Isn't that the one where the government owns everything and everyone gets what they need (in theory at least)

You nailed it.
Yep, America... slowly turning into a Communist nation....
OMG who cares.

You're all reading far too much into this. Then again, why am I actually trying to engage in a dialogue with a bunch of kids?
I think FOX's coverage is far more infantile than Hilltop's Lego rules.

In a nutshell...

FOX newscaster #1: "OMG! Communisms!"

FOX newscaster #2: "OMG! Isn't that teh evil?"

FOX newscaster #1: "Yes, you're right! Let's socially regress to McCarthyism of the 1940's and 50's and go on Communist witchhunts by ridiculing and attempting to ruin an educational institution's credibility!"

FOX newscaster #2: "Exactly! No child is left behind!"

Long story short: the US educational policy of keeping children dumb is working in all directions.
technologic Wrote:OMG who cares.

You're all reading far too much into this. Then again, why am I actually trying to engage in a dialogue with a bunch of kids?

Well, the kids care, the parents care, the teachers care... and well Fox only cares for ratings and such so they kinda care. I don't know what you consider "a bunch of kids," but I guess/hope your'e not basing it on age.
I knew it! Only Fox News would spin this case into a capitalist issue. This also proves another theory about what cboy considers news, but I'll digress on that later.

The point is: Fox News inserted the capitalist thing here, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that kids unjustifiably claiming ownership were starting fights. In order to maintain order in the classroom, it was necessary (or just easier) for the teachers to ban an activity that was causing discord and looking like it could lead to bigger problems. This is no different than a fight over a favorite color of construction paper or any other problems that come up with classroom property. Teachers will usually ban things that cause arguments.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against