Join our server on Discord

The Hive RPG story for Shendo and Alita (small Yaoi scene)
I thought it might be nice to let people know how mine and Niyara's characters met in The HIVE RPG in the mixed section..(sorry if its too long.. just had a lot of stuff for it) There is one small sex scene in this sory, so if you are offended or under 18 don't read it..

Many years ago, there lived a small family just outside of New York. An older man who followed the path of a swordsman, his wife, and their newborn son. They were different than most of the citizens of the city, for they had been born with what could only be described as "A feral appearance" by most who looked upon them.

The man had many features of a wolf, his face stretched out in front of him in an extreme approximation of a wolf's maw, his body was covered by a thick gray fur, and his ears were shaped like those of a wild dog. His eyes however, showed a kindness that could not be seen anywhere else. Those who faced him in battle often refered to him as a perfect hunter, while those who truly knew him often compared him to a puppy.

The woman was different from her husband even as she was different from the city dwellers. Her face was mostly that of a normal human, her eyes however were shaped like those of a small cat. She had sharp claws in place of fingernails, a long thin tail stuck out behind her, and her body was covered by smooth black fur.

The boy looked more like his mother than his father. But his features were far more pronounced than her own. He had pointed ears that sat closer to the top of his head, he had thin fur on his face, which stuck out further than normal, but not quite as far as his father's, and thicker fur covering his body. His eyes looked like those of a wolf on the hunt. His hair was silver, and reached the middle of his back by his fifth birthday. His tail was thicker than his mother's, but no less flexible. The fur on his body was a dark gray. All in all an interesting mix of his mother and father, yet different from both.

The man and his wife had lived in that house since they had met, at that time, she was but a young schoolgirl, and he was living on the streets, taking whatever jobs he could get. His name was Teranth, but to closest to him, he was known as Terry. His wife's name was Noriku. When their son was born, they could tell from his first breath that he would grow to be a strong man. They called him Shendo in honor of his great-great-grandfather who had fought in a little known rebelion long ago.

Shendo grew quickly, he was a typical young boy, curious about everything, and willing to try anything at least once. At the age of five, his father began training him to follow in his footsteps. Though technology had replaced the sword with guns and other more advanced weapons in the eyes of the common people, it was still an art that he practiced, and would pass on to his child in hopes of keeping the discipline alive.

Shendo's training began with simple excersizes in control, and endurance. As his skill grew, his father began teaching him basic technique, using a wooden sword rather than a true blade to avoid injury. Shendo enjoyed these training sessions as any child would enjoy what seemed to be a new game to him.

"Attack again lad, lets see what you've got." Teranth said as he held his blade at his side, his stance was deceptively relaxed, but he knew that he could handle anything his son could throw at him right now. Shendo charged at him, the wooden blade slicing through the air swiftly as he came within reach of his father. Teranth met the blade with his own, scarcely moving at all as he swept it to one side. "Too slow my boy, try again."

Shendo attacked again and again, each strike more accurate, but no more effective than the last. Teranth blocked each blow with an ease even his former master would admire. "He should be faster than this by now... I can see he has it in him." "Stop holding back! Show me your true strength!" Teranth shouted as he made an attack of his own. Shendo managed to block the attack, but was driven back several steps by the force of the blow. He nodded, and lashed out with the blade again, this time even faster. Teranth caught it at the last moment on his blade, and stepped inside his son's reach to shove him away. "Better, but not good enough. Keep trying."

Ten years passed from that day, At his mother's insistance, he had been attending school in the city after he had turnd six, though he did not like it as much as she felt he should. He was teased for being different, and in response to this treatment he became angry with the other children, though he never let himself fight back, for he knew that once he started, he wouldnt be able to stop himself from hurting them. One girl in his class seemed almost as much an outcast as he was, though rather than tease her, the other children simply ignored her. Her name was Alita. Somehow, she always ended up being in the same class as he was. She never teased him for being different, and stood up for him when the rest began to get more physical in their torments. The other children seemed almost afraid of her when she stepped between them and their intended victim.

He grew quite fond of this strange girl, but he still felt like there was something wrong. She didnt look much different than the others, but he knew somehow that she was as different from them as he was, in mind if not in body. She had an odd smell to her that he couldn't quite figure out, but he noticed it most when she would stand up for him, or when one of the other children would be bold enough to insult her, he did not understand the way it made him feel, but it did not frighten him as it seemed to with the rest.

One day while he was walking to the bus, several of the largest of the bullies in his class stepped in front of him. "Well well, what have we here? Don't you know we have leash laws in this city?" the largest of the group, a boy the rest called Big-T, Shendo didnt know his real name, nor did he care what it was. The others in the group laughed at this, and positioned themselves around Shendo so he would have no way to get away from them. Shendo ignored the comment, and kept his eyes lowered so they would not see the anger building up in them, the temperature of the area around him seemed to rise as he glared at the sidewalk.

"I don't think he heard you." the smallest of the group, nicknamed Rabbit by those he ran with, he called them his friends, but none of them considered him as anything more than a tool, or a weapon, for he was also the most skilled fighter of the bunch. "With ears like that, I think he heard me just fine. Hey dog boy! Wake up!" Big-T reached out, grabbed Shendo by the shirt, and lifted him off of the ground. Shendo was forced to look at the face of his tormentor, and though his eyes showed the terrible anger he felt, his voice remained chillingly calm. "Let me go... and walk away.."

"Did he just try to tell you what to do man? I think he did!" one of the nameless youths on the side said, nameless not because he didnt have a name, but because he hadnt earned one in this group. Big-T grinned. "Sure, I'll let you go." he shoved Shendo as he let go of his shirt, sending him into the group at the back of the circle. They caught him, and shoved him back toward their leader. Shendo stumbled against him, and was caught off guard by the fist that slammed into the side of his head.

"He jus' attacked you Big-T! I saw it." Rabbit said as he stepped foreward and kicked Shendo in the ribs as he stumbled back. Shendo caught his balance before he could get in reach of those behind him. His voice remained calm as he spoke again. "Why must you fight me..? What could you possibly gain from this?" Big-T glared at him. "Man, its freaks like you that have messed up this city! If we get rid of you, thats one less freak to deal with." One of the others shoved Shendo from behind, and he stumbled foreward again, his rage building by the moment. "I don't want to hurt any of you..." Shendo said as he was pulled to his feet, though in reality he longed to allow himself to tear these punks limb from limb.

"He jus' don' get it! He is worried about hurtin us?" one of the others said, Shendo couldnt see which one it was, and he didnt really care anymore either. He had tried to solve this, and had tried to get away, but before he could even think of striking out against them, he was pushed to the ground again, a ring of fire sprung up around him as his hands hit the concrete. When he spoke again, his voice was anything but calm. "I warned you... I tried to make you see reason.. Get away from me or you will all die!" he growled as he rose to his feet, the flames danced around him, burning higher and higher despite having no real fuel.

"What the fuck is that!" several of them cried out as they turned to run away. Alita came around the corner, and swore under her breath. "Its starting... I knew something like this would happen if they didn't leave him alone.." she thought as she ran toward him.

Big-T stumbled back. "C-come on man... c-cut it out.. we were just playin with ya." Shendo laughed. "Playin huh? Yall play rough in the city then. Well I ain't from the city, and I don't play that way." he raised one hand, and pointed it toward the larger boy. "Give me one damn good reason why you shouldnt die right now for what you have done to me throughout these years?" he growled as Alita came to a stop right behind him. The rest of the gang had ran away from this display. "Shendo! You have to stop this!" she cried.

He glanced over his shoulder at her, some of his anger melted away at the look in her eyes, but it still wasn't enough for him to regain proper control. "Ten years I have put up with this fat sack of shit..." tears began to flow from his eyes as the flames died down slightly. "Why should I stop..." Alita moved a little closer. "Because.... You arent like him.. He knows what it is like to be afraid now... You don't have to hurt him. You arent a killer!" Shendo turned away from her, glaring back at the young man in front of him. "Ain't got nothing to say now? All your taunts run away with your backup? You're pathetic..." he lowered his hand, and turned his back on him. "Get out of here.... I hope you can make something better out of your life than you have.." the flames died down entirely, though a scorch mark on the sidewalk clearly showed where they had been.

"H-how... how did you do that?" the bully stammered as he stood up. Shendo looked back over his shoulder. "Does it matter? I spared your life... I don't know who you are now... but I know who you were.. and that man made me sick.." Big-T stepped back. "Hey.. I'm sorry.. I didn't realize you.." Shendo spun around and glared at him. "Didn't realize what? That I had feelings? That just because I am different that I shouldn't care what you do? Stupid son of a bitch! Get out of here now!" Big-T turned and ran down the street, but stopped about ten feet away. "I meant what I said.. If you come back here, and you need anything. Look me up. Name's Billy Tanner."

Shendo turned back to Alita, ignoring Billy as he ran down the street. "Alita.. I..." She stepped foreward and hugged him tightly. The few that were still in the area thought it strange to see the nearly eight foot freak looking to this much smaller girl for comfort, but Alita didnt seem to notice, or care about, the stares they were getting "Its alright... Come on, lets get you home." She smiled at him as she took his hand. Shendo blushed as she wrapped her arms around him, her scent sending chills up his spine. "Would you.. like to come over for dinner?" he asked quietly as she pulled away a little.

"I.. I'd like that.." She said, a hint of a blush coming to her cheeks. He smiled, and brushed her hair back out of her eyes, it was then that he noticed that her eyes were nearly the same as his mother's, and there were several marks from a razor, and a few very short furry patches on her otherwise flawless face. "Who did this to you..?" he asked as he ran one hand along her cheek. "It was... my mom... she.. she wanted to protect me.." Alita pulled away from him, and looked down. "Do.. do you hate me.. that I have hidden this from you...?"

Shendo pulled her back in close to him, and kissed her lightly on the lips. "I could never hate you... but I think it is time to have a talk with your mom... You shouldn't have to hide who you are, and she shouldnt be ashamed to let you show it." Alita shook her head. "I don't want to talk to her about this.. She wouldn't understand.. Can I just stay with you.. and not go back to her?" Shendo smiled again. "If that is what you want.. I am sure we can figure something out. My parents have always taught me, that the law should take second place to what is right. I'm sure they will help us.. And you will never have to hide anything if you don't want to... Never again.."

Alita paid for a taxi, and it dropped them off at the end of the driveway to his house. Shendo glanced up at the front door as it flew open and his mother came running out. "Oh my god! What happened to you!? Your father said you werent on the bus when he went to get you.." her voice trailed off as she got close enough to see he was not alone. "And who is this sweet little thing?" Shendo laughed, all of the days troubles nearly forgotten. "Mom, this is Alita.. Alita, this is my mom.. Noriku." Alita smiled shyly at her. "Its nice to meet you ma'am.." Noriku smiled. "Such a nice girl.. You can just call me Noriku dear.. Now, why don't you both come inside before it starts raining. And you can explain what happened to make you miss the bus today."

Shendo groaned, he had hoped that he wouldn't have to explain what happened, that she would assume that Alita was the reason he was late. But the left side of his face was already starting to bruise from the heavy punch that had caught him earlier. Alita gave him an encouraging smile and the two of them followed Noriku up to the house.

Teranth saw them come into the house, his eyes focusing on the state of his son's face. "You been fightin'?" he asked, a hint of annoyance creeping into his voice. Shendo looked back at his father. "No, I ain't been fightin." Teranth stepped toward him, not taking his eyes off of him for a second. "It looks like you been fightin. Your face is bruised, your hands are scraped, and you look like you are hidin somethin. So I ask you again. Have you been fightin?" Alita stepped between them, two long knives appearing in her hands as she moved. "Sir, your son hasn't been fighting, but it was a near thing.. and it would have been worse than fighting if I hadnt showed up. Now back off, and we can explain what happened." she said calmly, though the way she moved made it quite clear that she would back up the implied threat if she had to.

Teranth smiled. "Found yourself quite the woman here son. Alright, lets go sit down, and you explain from the begining." he moved back into the kitchen, and sat at the head of the table. Alita and Shendo sat down on one side of it, while Noriku moved about preparing their meal. Shendo sighed, and looked his father in the eye. "It happened like this... You know about the other kids and what they have done over the years.. I told you about them before.. Anyway, the worst of them got his gang together, and they came at me after school today. I tried to get away from them without anything happening.. I knew I wouldnt be able to control myself if they started pushing too far.. The biggest of them threw me back, and then hit me when his friends pushed me back toward him. I still tried to reason with them.. I didn't want to hurt anybody."

Shendo took a deep breath before continuing. "I was about to try to push past them.. but them one of them shoved me again.. and something happened.. I don't know what it was.. but when I hit the ground, fire came up around me.. but it didnt burn me.. It was almost like it was listening to what I wanted it to do.. The rest of the gang ran off, and thats when Alita showed up.. The leader.. Billy Tanner was on the ground in front of me.. and Alita told me to stop, I was about to try to turn the fire on him... But she helped me get control again.."

Teranth nodded. "I always knew there was something special about you my boy, now I know what it was." he turned to Alita. "Now, what's your story? You ain't like the rest of them.. and I know just by the look of you that you are even less like them than they realized." Alita shivered in her seat, but did not look away from his intense gaze. Shendo put his arm around her, and she relaxed slightly before opening her mouth. "I was born different.. A freak some would say.. my dad told me that there was nothing wrong with me, and that I should be proud to be different.. My mom wasn't so convinced.. and she made me hide what I was.. she said it was to protect me, but I think it was more for her than for me.. When dad died.. she made me shave the fur off of my face every day.. and she altered my clothes to hide everything else.. Shendo was the first I have ever met who wasn't afraid of me... he understood that I was different, but until today, he didnt know exactly how different I was.. I have less control over one of my abilities than he does... but.. it isnt exactly useful for getting people to go away.. it tends to make them come closer.. Thats why I learned how to fight.. to protect myself from my own ability."

Noriku scooped some stew into a bowl and set it in front of Alita. "And what ability would that be dear?" Alita blushed slightly. "Well.. when I get scared, or sometimes when I am really happy, sad, or angry... I make people..." she looked around the room, as though begging for someone to understand what she meant, but no one seemed to get it. "I make them... horny..." she whispered as she looked down at the table, her face now a bright red.

Teranth stared at her for a moment, and then burst out laughing. "Oh dear! that would cause problems wouldnt it!" Noriku slapped him on the back of the head. "Thats not funny.. Can't you see.. this scares the poor thing as much as anything ever could." Shendo pulled Alita in close, and held her tightly. "Mom, dad... Alita was wondering.. if she could stay with us.. or rather.. if she could stay with me... so that she wouldnt have to see her mom again.. She doesn't want to hide who she is anymore, but she doesnt want to try to explain that to her mom."

Noriku set another bowl in front of Shendo. "I don't see why not. Not here of course.. too many nosy people around here.. but we have been thinking.. You have learned almost everything you can from your father.. and other than your age, there is no reason why you couldnt live on your own.."

Shendo blinked. "Does that mean what I think it does..?" Teranth smiled. "You are more of a man now than most will be by the time they grow old. If you finish out your training with me, there ain't no reason why you couldnt move out on your own.. Take that pretty thing with you, and I know that there ain't nothing you can't handle."

Alita stared at the them in disbelief. "Your son is sixteen, and you are ready to turn him loose in the world? Most parents won't willingly let go when their kids are eighteen!" Shendo smiled. "I should have expected something like this.. but I can't say it isn't a surprise.. Do you have a place in mind for us to go?"

Noriku nodded, and went into the office. She came back out a moment later with a picture, a sheet of paper, and a check. "This house... its in another city, but if you want it, its your's completely.. I understand there are a lot more people there that are different.. and they arent treated like a disease.. You can have a much better start in life than we did... They have more crime going on... but it is still a safer place to be than here."

Alita took the paper from her and read it carefully. "I've heard of this city.. its on the news a lot.. Apparently there are are a few groups that cause trouble.. and a couple that clear it up... and the so called normal people don't try to cause trouble for them.. If I remember right.. The people there are split almost exactly down the middle between people like us.. and the 'normal people"

Teranth smiled at both of them. "If even half of what we have heard is true, we know you will be happy there.. just don't forget to call us every now and then. And I do expect you to stay in practice my boy. When you come back to visit, I want you to be stronger than me." Shendo nodded. "I think we would be stupid not to at least try this out... Even if nothing is different than here, I know that things will work out as long as we are together."

Noriku set a bowl down for Teranth, then got one for herself and sat down next to him. "If you don't want to go.. you don't have to, we just can't hide Alita here without anyone finding out.. And we don't want to hold you to this city if you would be happier somewhere else."

Alita smiled. "Noriku... You've done more for me in the short time we have known eachother than my own mother has in my entire life... How can I ever repay you?" Noriku smiled. "Alita dear... You don't owe me anything.. I do this because it is the right thing to do, and it is obvious that my son loves you.. But I do ask that you try to keep him from getting into too much trouble, you seem like a sensible girl, so I know I can count on you." Teranth glanced over at his wife, then turned back to Alita and Shendo. "Tomorrow we will go into the city, and pick up something for you to wear to keep people from noticing you at first.. No doubt your mother will have people looking for you. And I don't want her to find you until after you are eighteen.. That way she can't drag you back home and force you to do things her way."

Alita looked back at him. "She could try.. but once I set my mind to something I usually get my way. I'm a stubborn bitch when I want to be, and there is no way she will ever make me feel like it is wrong for me to be different from everyone else ever again.. But still, I appreciate any help I can get.. I'd rather just avoid her entirely."

As they finished eating, Alita began helping clean up. Noriku looked as though she was about to object, but after seeing the determined look in her eye she decided against it. Teranth looked at Shendo. "Get some sleep tonight... Tomorrow after we get back from the city we are going to train harder than ever before.. The sooner you are ready to go the better." Shendo nodded. "I won't let you down. Any ideas on how we're gonna be getting to this other city?" Teranth smiled. "That is a surprise for another day. Lets get you ready for the trip first. But for now, get upstairs and take a shower. You need it."

Alita finished with the dishes at the same time as Noriku finished cleaning the rest of the kitchen. "What do I do now though? I mean.. You said you can't hide me here, so what do I do until we leave?" Noriku smiled. "Don't worry dear, we can hide you here that long.. we just wouldnt be able to do it for two years." Alita looked at her in disbelief. "I really don't have to see my mom..?" Noriku nodded. "She doesn't understand you.. and thinks there is something wrong with you. If someone told her they could make you look normal permanently, she would take their offer no matter what consequences there would be.. I can't let you go back to that."

Alita moved over and hugged Noriku tightly. "You have no idea how much this means to me..." Noriku hugged her back after a moment. "I think I might... but lets not worry about that now.. You need to get some rest.. Got a busy few days ahead. We have a couple places you can sleep if you want them." Alita blushed. "Actually... I'd like to sleep..." Noriku smiled. "With Shendo?" Alita nodded, blushing an even darker scarlet. Noriku laughed. "Its nothing to be embarassed about dear. I actually expected it, just wanted you to know you had more options before offering." Alita blinked. "You... you don't mind?" Noriku shook her head. "No, not at all, I would appreciate it if you two behaved yourselves while in this house.. but if something happens, then it happens, and I won't think any less of either of you. You're young and in love. These things happen sometimes."

Teranth went out into the garage and moved to the back of it. "This old bike served me well enough... I think it will do the same for them." he thought as he took the cover off of an older motorcycle. He gathered some of his tools, and began the slightly tedious process of tuning it up. This bike was as unusual as its owner in some ways. Every part was custom made by Teranth when he was younger, it ran off of a small, yet powerful battery, recharged either by solar power, or by plugging it into an outlet if it was needed. The engine would run it almost as fast as a new gasoline engine would, but would also allow it to carry more weight at that speed without slowing down.

Shendo climbed out of the shower, the bruises and scrapes he recieved from the fight already mostly healed. He looked at his face in the mirror as he brushed out his long hair. "Another new ability.. or am I just healing faster because I am used to being hurt...? I guess I'll probably find out later.." He thought as he tied his hair back, and slipped into the shorts he normally slept in. "I wonder where Alita will sleep..." he stepped out of the bathroom, and walked down the hall toward his room. The door was shut as he normally left it, but he noticed the light was on as he came up to it. "No way... She wouldnt have picked to sleep up here.. mom probably just put something in there and forgot to turn the light off.." He opened the door slowly just as Alita finished buttoning up the overly large shirt Noriku had given her to use, it covered her down to her knees, but did nothing to hide her long tail which stuck out behind her, or the smooth gray fur that covered her arms and legs.

Shendo blinked. "Wow... um.." Alita smiled, walked over, and kissed him gently. "Surprised to see me?" He nodded, still somewhat in shock. "I thought you would rather..." she laughed "Sleep somewhere else? Why would you think that?" He looked at her in disbelief. "Well... Its just that.. I mean..." Alita shook her head. "Its alright.. I know. You don't think I would choose to sleep with you, because of my ability.. You think I would be afraid to let it get out of control." Shendo shook his head. "Thats not it.. I thought.. that you would be more interested in keeping things simple for now.. Our lives have been turned upside down today.. and are only going to get more interesting from here.."

Alita pushed him down on the bed. "Relax... Your mom asked me to try to behave myself while we are in this house.. and I will, but the thing is... Our lives are going to get more interesting as you say.. and we may not have time to get closer than this for quite awhile.. So it makes sense to get used to being this close while we can.. So, get yourself comfortable. I'll get in with you in a minute.. I just need to go wash my hair."

Shendo stared at the ceiling after she left. "I can't believe this... Dad tells me I'm almost done learning from him... I get a house of my own as soon as I am done... and my parents don't care that I have a beautiful young woman sleeping up here with me... I doubt they would care if something did happen, but Alita was right.. we should try to behave.. We will have plenty of time later.." he thought with a smile. He turned over onto his side, and looked toward the door, as tired as he was, he was determined to stay awake until Alita got back.

Alita scrubbed her hair roughly, determined to take out the red dye her mom had used on it. She pulled up from the sink, and stared at herself in the mirror. She began to cry as she thought of the abuse she had suffered "for her own good" at the hands of her own mother. Noriku was walking by at that moment, and slipped inside quietly, and wrapped her arms gently around the young girl. "Whats wrong dear?"

Alita shook her head. "Just.. thinking about.. everything I have been through... most of it was a lie.... and I can't even undo the way it made me look..." Noriku kissed her gently on top of her head. "Its alright.. I may be able to do something about that.. My most powerful ability isn't as useful for protecting people.. or causing trouble.. but it is good for some things.. I can restore things to how they should be.. but there is a catch to it.. with objects, it takes whatever it is, and turns it into the parts that went into making it.. Imagine my surprise when I tried to fix the tv, and it turned into a piece of glass, an empty circuit board.. and a large pile of little things that I don't know a damn thing about." They both giggled at that. "But that is not the point. I can take what was done to you, and fix at least how it has made you look... no razor scars... no more hair dye... It won't make the pain of the memories go away, but it will be a good start in helping you accept yourself for who you are."

Alita wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. "You.. you can really do that?" Norik nodded. "I can tell that it is what you really want.. Just hold still, and don't freak out when you see things changing." Alita nodded once, then stared intently at the mirror.

The changes were subtle at first, as Alita thought about how her mother had cut her hair short, it began to grow out again, slowly changing from red to black. The thin fur that normally grew on her face began to return, and then blended with the thicker fur that was growing on her neck, her fur also darkened to a nearly perfect match for Shendo's coloring. Her nails grew back to their normal clawlike shape, and the polish fell off of them.

The most startling change for Alita to witness, was as she watched her eyes. Her mother had paid for a very expensive, not to mention risky, procedure to make them have a more normal shape (they couldnt manage a complete transformation of them without making her go blind, which her mother would have accepted if they would have done it), and soften the color from their naturally brilliant emerald color, to a more subtle leaf green. She watched in awe as they shifted back to their natural shape and color, even the traces of her tears had vanished. Her teeth took on their naturally sharper state, having been altered as soon as her adult teeth had come in (another expensive procedure).

Noriku slowly pulled her hands away from Alita, and sat down on the edge of the bathtub. "How is that? Did I get everything?" Alita stared at herself in the mirror for a long moment, then turned toward Noriku. "I..I don't believe it... Everything... All that she did to me... is gone..." Noriku smiled tiredly. "It will take a few days for your hair to grow back as much as it should be... I didnt have the energy to do it all right now.. So I just took care of everything that wouldnt change on its own first. I think it would be a good idea to try to calm down before you go back to bed.. but don't take too long, I think my son is planning to stay awake until you are there, and he is going to need his rest as much as you are."

Alita hugged her again. "You are the most wonderful woman ever... You have given me something I never could have hoped for.. A new life, without the burdens of the old one.." Noriku returned the hug, though nowhere near as tightly. "You are a sweet girl, and you deserve everything we are doing for you. I wish I could do more.. It would be nice if we didnt have to ship you two off like this.." Alita shook her head. "You arent shiping us off, you gave us a place we could go, but you didnt force us to take it, you would have let us find our own way if we had wanted to... But I think you have done far more than anyone else would have.. Thank you.. I know it isnt much.. but its all I can do right now."

Noriku stood up, and gently released Alita. "Its more than enough dear.. Now, why don't you get back to bed, The next few days are going to be rough." Alita looked back to the mirror for a moment, then turnd back to Noriku. "Do you.. think Shendo will like how I really look..?" Noriku chuckled. "I think he would love you no matter what you looked like.. but in this case, I don't think you will be disapointed. Personally, I think you look better now, and I am a pretty good judge of these things. Good night dear.. I'll see you in the morning." Alita followed her out of the room, and turned toward Shendo's bedroom. "Goodnight Noriku... and.. thanks again.." "She really meant what she said there... I do look better than I did.. and even if I didn't.. there are other advantages. I doubt mom would ever think to have people look for me this way.. For what she paid, those changes should have been permanent.. Still, I'll be careful, she might think that I could find a way out of it."

Noriku went back downstairs, and slipped into bed just as Teranth came back into the room. "Fixing the old beast for them to take along?" she asked when she saw him. Teranth smiled. "Of course. I don't need her anymore, and she's still a good bike.. It would be a shame to let her sit in the garage when someone could use her." Noriku grabbed his hand, and pulled him into the bed. "You just don't like the thought of leaving your toys laying around." she teased as she began nibbling on his ear. Teranth chuckled, and rolled over on top of her. "No, I guess I don't.."

Alita walked into the room, and climbed into bed next to Shendo. She snuggled up against him, and he put his arms around her. His voice was barely audible as he drifted off to sleep. "I love you..." She smiled, and pushed herself tighter against him before whispering. "I love you too..." As she lay there, her mind kept working on a plan for some sort of disguise, as well as things they would need in their new home. As she drifted off to sleep, she thought of her mom one last time, and how furious she would be when Alita wasn't home yet.

"What do you mean gone?!" The raging business-woman demanded of the strange snake-like man who stood before her. "It isss exactly as I sssaid.. The lady rode out of the city in a cab, with the wolf child from her ssschool closssse at hand." The woman threw the glass she had been drinking out of into the fire. "Where are they now?!" she demanded again, an evil look in her eyes as she advanced toward the freak she had hired to keep an eye on her daughter. "I do not know missstressss. My ssspiesss only operate within the city asss you know.. But, if I were to guesssss.. I would ssay that they are at the wolfman'sss housssse." The woman glared at him. "Find her, kill the other freaks if they get in the way.. bring her back to me at once!" "Of courssssse... Missstressss" the snakeman said before vanishing from the den. "How dare she disobey me! I will show her and that entire family why no one ever messes with me." she laughed evily as she moved back to her desk. "That child is the one black mark on my family name.. It must not be known that my own daughter is one of those freaks!" she thought as she pulled out a small vial from her desk. "They said this would either turn her normal, or kill her. They hadnt tested it on a live freak yet, but it is a chance I will take.. at least if she is dead, no one will know."

The snakeman roamed through the sewers silently, thinking as he moved. "Kill the wolfman's family... She is insane if she thinks I will risk their anger. I think the 'mistress' has outlived her usefulness to us." He hissed as he reached one particular grating. "Come out my sssscaled brethren... The hunt isss on." Several large snakes slithered out of the grate, their eyes glowing bright red as seemed to understand his plan, and began moving toward the place he had just left. "Destroy the woman known as Layla Shendana.. Leave no evidence behind.."

Alita awoke just before Shendo and the rest of the family. Her dreams were uneasy that night, but she could not remember them. She rolled over, and watched Shendo as he opened his eyes. "Good morning sleepy." she said quietly before leaning in to kiss him. "Good morning.." he said as he looked at her in surprise. "Mom helped you last night didnt she?" Alita nodded. "I didn't think it was possible... but she undid everything.. You don't mind do you?" He chuckled, pulled her in closer, and kissed her gently. "Why should I mind? You are happier.. it will be harder for people to recognize you. And, I still have the most beautiful woman in the world laying right next to me."

Noriku sat up in the bed, though she and Teranth hadn't actually gotten much sleep she seemed refreshed. She smiled, and got out of bed before moving to the closet, and picking out some clothes for the day. Teranth got up a moment after her, moved over, and kissed her before picking out his own clothes. "I think those two will do well for themselves. Once they get away from here I mean. Its just not safe here for them.. Its not really safe for us either, but no one is willing to try anything while I am here." Teranth said with a smile. Noriku smiled back. "They have at least a few days here.. but it is a good idea to get them out of here as soon as we can. If Alita's mother is who I think she is, she won't stop looking for her.. The little I know about that woman tells me that there is nothing she wouldnt do..."

"Don't worry, I won't let any harm come to either of them.. I won't be able to do much after they leave, but they will keep themselves safe after that." Teranth said as he turned to leave the room. Noriku nodded. "I know I don't need to worry about them right now.. but.." "You will worry anyway. Thats what you do when you can't control a situation." Teranth smiled at her again as they went into the kitchen.

Alita and Shendo came downstairs, both of them smiling. They moved into the kitchen, and sat down for breakfast. Noriku had already set the table, so they started eating. Teranth looked over at them. "Good morning you two." He then fixed his gaze on Alita. "We will need to get you something other than your own clothes to wear while we are in the city.. between how you look now, and different clothes, it should be dificult for anyone to recognize you." Noriku sat down next to him. "I think I may have something that will fit her pretty well.. It will be a bit loose though." Alita smiled. "Loose would be better wouldnt it? I mean... people might still recognize me if they can see how everything else is shaped.." Teranth smiled. "Thats true, but I really don't expect to have to worry about anything like that today. Even if someone does realize who you are, they ain't gonna try anything themselves. They'll go to the police, and by the time they get there, we will have gone already. And if they show up here.. Well, I've got plenty of places you can hide until they go away.. I'll show you a couple of them before we leave, just try not to touch anyhting.. some of it could fall off of the shelves, and it would make a lot of noise."

Shendo gathered up a few things, while Noriku helped Alita pick out some clothes from her closet. Teranth pulled on his hat, and stepped out into the garage to start the car. The garage door opened automatically when the car started, a safety device of his own design. He then went back inside to wait for the others.

Alita came downstairs wearing one of Noriku's older shirts, and a pair of old jeans. Both fit her fairly well, but as Noriku had said, they were a little loose on her. Teranth moved to the basement door and looked back at them. "Why don't you both come with me for a minute.. This is the best kept secret in this whole house." He opened the door, and went down the stairs. Alita and Shendo both shrugged, and followed him.

The basement floor had been laid out with many seperate slabs of concrete rather than one solid piece so they could hide things under it if needed. Most of the slabs were actually attached to a second concrete layer to keep them from moving, the rest sat on mechanisms to move them if one knew how to activate them. there were four hanging lights in the room, each hanging in a corner to provide the best possible light. The brick wall on the left at the bottom of tthe stairs had many small holes in it, all of them looked to have been put there by someone putting nails in the wall, behind four of them were small hooks that when pulled, would trip the catch to open the main control panel for the different hiding holes. Shendo knew about them, but had never seen the method used to activate the mechanism.

"You ready to learn the secret of this place?" Teranth asked them quietly. Alita and Shendo both nodded eagerly. Teranth pulled out a small metal tool with an even smaller hook on its end, and moved over to the wall. "Now, there are a lot of holes here, and it is important to remember which ones you use for this. Some of them have nothing in them, and some have a tiny button that would be tripped by even the lightest touch.. those buttons reset the entire thing.. This is to keep people from just guessing if they find out how this works that far. Now, if you notice, there is a pattern to the holes. The ones you want are the third in each set. All of the holes have a small notch in them, this is to let the hook slide through easily, otherwise it gets stuck, and you have to work it out of the hole." he pointed to each hole, and also made sure they noted the notch carved in the exact center of the bottom of each hole. "All you do, is slide this thing in until it stops, then turn it to the left one quarter turn, pull on it, then push it in, twist it back, and pull it out. You have thirty seconds to get the next latch or they reset."

He slipped the hook into each of the holes he indicated, taking far less than the thirty seconds for each one, but he had been using this for many years so it was expected that he would be quicker at it. "Next thing is to move the freezer out of the way. If you don't trip these latches first, it won't move at all, makes people think its bolted down.. Which it is in a way, but thats not the point. It will roll free now." He walked over and pushed on the side of the large standing freezer. It rolled away from its spot easily, and he bent down and pulled on a chunk of the floor that looked to have broken loose, it was broken on purpose when he first installed the mechanism. When he pulled up on it, there was a clicking noise, and he let go, the piece slipped back into place without another sound, and a small panel opened in the rear wall. This revealed a set of ten different switches, each with a light on above them.

"Only four of these do anything. But all of them look like they should. Flipping any of the wrong ones will lock the entire thing up for an hour, but otherwise nothing happens.. no one would even know they had locked anything if they made it this far. Most would assume that none of the switches actually did anything once they had hit the wrong one." Teranth smiled. "You'll want to get off of where you are standing, this is how to open the easiest place for you to hide around here.. and one of the most important of them."

Alita and Shindo stepped to one side of the slab they were on, and watched to see what switch he flipped. Both remained silent as they took in all of the information he was giving them. Teranth reached up and flipped the third switch from the right. The slab Alita and Shendo had been standing on tipped up toward the wall without a sound. They looked down the hole as several lights came on inside of it. The lights revealed a ladder descending to the bottom of the hole.

"There are only four people in the world who even know about this thing.. All of them are in this house right now. Lets go down there so I can show you around." Teranth said as he moved swiftly down the ladder. Alita smiled. "This is amazing... I don't even want to think about how much work has to have gone into this.." She went down the ladder after Teranth, leaving Shendo to bring up the rear.

They came down into a short hallway with a heavy iron door at the end, and a single red button next to it. "This will close it up behind you, and open it again. If you are actually hiding here you will want to do that, but for now its fine the way it is." Teranth opened the door as quietly as he could. The hinges creaked a little, but not nearly as much as Alita thought they would. The door opened into a well lit room, several racks of bladed weapons of various sizes lined the walls of this room. Some of the weapons were decorted by ornate gemstones, while others were more simple, yet all of them looked to be expertly crafted.

"This room is the secret to our success in this city.. You wouldnt believe how much some of them will pay for one of these." Teranth said as he pulled one of the ornamented long blades from the wall. "They don't take too long to make, and I can usually get ten grand for one like this if I go to the right people. Most of the rich in the city want at least one.. A decoration, and a defense all in one. I generally give basic instruction with the blade so they don't hurt themselves trying to figure it out." He slipped the blade onto the wall again, and moved down the line to the shorter weapons. "I could tell by the way you moved that you already know what you are doing Alita.. but those knives you have just ain't right for you.. Come over here, and tell me if you see something you like."

Alita blinked. "No.. I couldnt take them... you have done too much for me already." Teranth turned back to her. "Listen little lady.. If you don't pick something. I'll pick for you, and send them with you anyway. Find something you like so I don't have to guess on what you would use well." Shendo grinned at her. "You know.. he won't take no for an answer, so go ahead, pick something out. I'm sure he has something good for you here." Teranth smiled, and stepped back toward the longer blades as Alita moved to the rack of daggers and short-swords.

Shendo looked around the room, admiring the design of the place as much as the weapons. Teranth ran a hand down the hard leather sheath of one of the blades and turned back to his son. "I think you need to pick one too. You may need to protect yourself, and if you do. I want it to be with something that won't break when they look at it too long." Shendo moved over to the rack and without hesitation grabbed ahold of one of them, a long japanese Katana. Even by the traditionally high standards of the culture, this blade seemed exceptionally well made. "I thought you would choose that one.. It is actually one of the only blades in this room that I didn't make myself... that one belonged to your grandfather. He gave it to me just after you were born. He gave me something else to give you, but I wasn't sure why at the time." Teranth pulled one of the drawers open and pulled a pair of black leather gloves out of it, on the palm of both gloves, there was a small red rune carved into the leather. "He had an ability similar to yours.. not as strong I think, but these helped him control it in the beggining.. and I think he knew you would need them." he tossed the gloves to Shendo before closing the drawer.

Shendo caught the gloves in one hand while still holding the sword in the other. "I always thought the stories he told were just stories.. But at least one of them makes sense now.." Alita moved a little further down the rack, picked up two identical daggers, took them out of their sheaths, and held them in a ready position. "I don't know why... but these two just feel right.." Teranth looked back to her and smiled. "A fine choice.. Those two were made for eachother, just as they seem to have been made for you. You'll have to leave them here right now, but when we get back from the city, I want you to keep them with you at all times." Alita slipped them back into their sheaths, and looked at Teranth. "Do you really think I will need them..?"

Teranth placed a hand on her shoulder and looked into her eyes. "You've already had to defend yourself against people before.. You don't know what people in this new place will be like, so I want you to be ready for anything." Shendo moved over to them. "Don't worry.. We will be fine. I'll make sure nothing happens to you." Alita smiled and then looked back to Teranth. "We should get going.. We have a lot to do today."

Teranth lead the way back up the ladder, and after everyone was out, he pushed pushed the freezer back into place, and everything in the room reset itself to its original position. Faint clicks could be heard as all of the latches fell back into place. "Okay, thats all for that one.. If you need to hide, come down here, and open that up.. Close it behind you, and I promise you will be safe.. Its even set up to hide the scent of anyone down there.. It won't keep them from knowing you were in the basement, but it will keep them from thinking you are still there." Alita nodded, and the three of them went upstairs.

Teranth, Alita, and Shendo got into the car, and drove away. Noriku was staying home just in case someone came looking for Alita, she would ensure that if it was a legitimate police operation they would be able to search only where they had a warrant for, and it is wasn't she would send them away after answering a few questions.

"I would have expected him to have her back here by now!" Layla shouted as she paced around her den. "What the hell is taking that freak so long!?" She stopped and leaned against her desk after a few minutes to try to calm down. "Maybe it is time to get a new operative... this one is too independant for his own good. Though he does at least try to act like a proper servant." she smiled before moving to the other side of the desk.

Noriku had just sat down to watch a little Tv, when there was a knock on the door. She sighed, got up, and moved over to it. She looked out the small window, and saw a hooded figure outside. She reached down, and slipped a small handgun into her pocket before opening to door slowly.

"Can I help you?" she said calmly. The figure shook its head. "It isss I who have come to help you. I know you hide the cat-child known asss Alita..." Noriku kept her expression completely passive. "What are you talking about sir? I don't appreciate being accused of something like this." The figure smiled beneath his hood. "Let ussss dissspenssse with the gamesss Noriku Leshara... You have her, and assss far asss I am concerned.. She can remain with you. I only sssseek to tell you that her mother, misss Layla Shendana.. Should no longer be a problem."

Noriku blinked. "I don't know how you know my name, or what you want.. But if you mean what I think you do..." the figure chuckled. "I assssure you. That isss exactly what I mean." He turned around, and after taking three steps from the house, vanished from view. "Protect her well missss Leshara.. She issss sssstronger than you think."

Layla sat back in her chair and contemplated what to do next. "Either the freak is dead, or he has betrayed me... Time to call in other help." she closed her eyes for a moment, and thought about many of the people who owed her favors, or could be bribed into helping. But before she could get too far down the list, she heard a faint hissing noise behind her. Years of political intigue, and several failed attempts to remove her from the list of competition had honed her reflexes beyond what she looked to be capable of, she dove to the side, grabbed the pistol from underneath the desk, and fired three shots at a space just ahead of where she had heard the sound. The first went wide of the mark, but the second and third caught the snake in the side of the head, it went down without another sound. "Betrayal it is then.."

She closed her eyes again, listening for signs of any others, the door burst open, and three armed security guards ran in. "We heard shots.. You alright boss?" She smirked at the largest of the three. "Of course I am fool! I wouldnt be standing here if I wasn't. Search the manor, there may be more of these damn things." She gestured toward the large snake behind her desk.

Two of the guards left the room to carry out her orders, but the third, the only female of the group stayed behind. "Your scaly friend turned on you... I warned you about trusting him." Layla glared at her. "He was no friend. And I never trusted him. He will pay for this. But for now, we will secure the manor, and ensure that he has no more of these things stashed in it."

Noriku closed the door, locked it, and placed the gun back into its hiding place. Then turned and went to sit down again. "I've heard that voice before... I don't know if he really is doing what he said or not.. but he was right about one thing.. Alita must be protected.. I think I'll keep that warning to myself though. And I won't think for a moment that he would be successful if he did try to kill that bitch. I've read about her, and he would have to be damn good if he would have even a slight chance."

Teranth pulled the car into the parking space in front of the clothing store called "Special tastes" he had only been in here once, and while it had nothing he would wear, it had much of what they would need. He smiled, and turned to look at Alita. "Here we are. You two go on in there and pick out whatever you want. I'll be along in a minute, just have to pick something up across the street." Shendo had lived with his father long enough to know that whatever he was getting wasn't likely to be entirely legal, but said nothing about it as he stepped out of the car.

Alita and Shendo walked into the store, and looked around. There was a wide variety of clothing, most of it made for those who were obviously not what most would consider normal. Shirts for those with multiple heads, or extra arms. Pants for those with extra legs. There was a closed off section in the back that had a sign over it which said "Exotic, adults only beyond this point." Alita thought about sneaking back there, but the man behind the counter looked up at her with two of the four sets of eyes he had. "Its a good thing he don't need glasses... I don't think they make them for people with that many eyes..." she looked around the store a bit more, hoping that no one could hear what she was thinking at that point, while they wouldnt likely be offended, it was still rude.

Shendo walked around, a bit confused at first, he hadnt been in here before, but he had been expecting it to be laid out like the clothing stores he was used to. Instead, it was divided into many sections based on what type of person would need that particular article of clothing. "They even have a place to go to get something custom made if you can't find anything that will work for you... I'm amazed that the 'norms' let this place stay open.. Probably just tryin to keep us out of their stores.." he smiled as he saw a pair of leather pants in his size. "Not that it does... but they try." He picked up the pants, and walked around a bit more. His was an odd size, almost impossible to find in most stores, thirty-two inch waist, fifty-six inch legs. usually he just tried to find something long enough (even that was usually hard), and then had his mom help him size the waist down to fit.

Alita moved around the store, thinking about how nice it would be to wear something that was actually designed to show off, rather than hide, the way she looked. "Looking for anything specific deary?" a sweet voice said from behind her. Alita spun around to see who was speaking, then had to look up to see the face of the large woman. Despite her size, she was still extremely attractive, and had a voice that sounded like it would come from someone much smaller. "I.. I don't really know..." The woman smiled. "Well, why don't you come back here with me, and we will see if we can fix you up with something. Maybe even something to impress that handsome man you came in with." she added with a wink. Alita blushed, this woman looked like she would not be out of place at a fashion show (if she wasn't too big to fit through a normal door), but sounded like she still belonged in school. Alita followed her into the area labeled. "Custom fittings, customers must be accompanied by an employee at all times."

Shendo picked a shirt up off of the rack and smiled at the logo. It showed what looked like a humanoid octopuss wearing high heels and what would be a revealing outfit on anyone else, the caption inder the picture said "Freaky, and proud!" He put that shirt back, trying not to laugh as he moved away from that section, as he turned around, another shirt caught his eye. He picked it up, and he couldnt figure out why it was in this area of the store, unlike the rest of the shirts there, it was almost entirely plain. The only decoration was a series of small red markings along the collar. Leaning closer, her saw that they were actually letters, they said. "When the world needs heroes, look somewhere else." he smiled, and took the shirt with him along with a couple of others back to the fitting room.

"Now, lets see what we can do with you." the large woman said as Alita looked around the room they were in. "If you would please strip down to the essentials, and hold still for a moment, I can take your measurements, and we can talk about the design." Alita opened her mouth to say something, then stopped herself, afterall, what did she have to be afraid of here, she took off the shirt and pants without a second thought, then stood patiently waiting for further instructions, though she couldn't help but feel a little self conscious. The "essentials" as this other woman called them, were barely enough to cover anything at all, her bra did nothing to disguise her perfectly shaped C-cup breasts, and the thong she wore couldnt hide her carefully sculpted ass. "Flexible, strong, and undeniably sexy.. I bet there are plenty of boys that would be jealous if they could see what I see in you." The large woman stated bluntly as she walked around her.

Alita blushed, completely unused to having a stranger look at her at all, much less speak of her like that. She felt a little angry, but said nothing about it yet. It was obvious to her that this woman was always like this, and not just doing it to make her uncomfortable. "Don't worry, You'll get over this shyness in time. But I think I have everything I need for now, why don't you come over here, and look at some of the usual patterns, so we can play around with them and make something special for you." The large woman smiled at her, and moved toward the computer in the back of the room. She sat down at the chair that had obviously been made for her, it was twice as high off of the ground, as well as being much wider and taller than most.

Alita sat down next to her, relieved that the door wouldn't open from the outside without the key, but would open from the inside freely. "At least.. thats what the sign says.. I didn't test it.." she wasn't too worried about it though, she saw there was another exit to the room very close to where she was sitting. "They aren't trying to make anyone uncomfortable.. but I bet I'm not the only one who finds her to be a bit intimidating.." she dismissed that thought to focus on the patterns showing on the screen.

Shendo came out of the fitting room after a few minutes, amazed to find that everything had fit almost as if it had been made for him. He looked around the store, there was no sign of Alita or his father, but he wasn't worried yet, they would turn up.

Teranth leaned against the wall in the alleyway across the street from the clothing store, one hand resting on the hilt of the sword that was always hidden beneath his coat, his eyes scanning the area for some sign of his friend, or at least the item he was supposed to be picking up. He heard the faint tapping of a cane on the concrete, and turned toward it. He smiled when he recognized the man, while he wsn't actually blind, he made a good show of acting like it at times. The man pretended to stumble as he crossed in front of Teranth, who naturally caught him, during this the man slipped a small box into his pocket, and Teranth stuffed the roll of bills he was carrying into the man's other hand. "You should be more careful, never know what folks will put in the way down these alleys." Teranth said with a falsely concerned tone. "Aye,'tis true enough.. thank ye sir." the man said as he moved away, still tapping away with his cane. Teranth chuckled, and moved into the crowd that was crossing the street. "Good old Bobby, he's never let me down yet."

Alita watched each pattern as it spun around on the screen, but hadn't yet found what she was looking for. "These are all really nice.. but.." The large woman smiled at her. "Not what you are looking for. Don't worry, I understand that. I may have something for you though.. it isn't something we get a lot of call for. But I think you will like it anyway." She pulled open the drawer of the desk, and pulled out a small notebook. "These are some of my designs.. Most don't like them, but you look like you have a mind of your own, and probably won't care if others don't like it."

Alita gazed in amazement at the detail of the drawings. "These are amazing... I don't know why people don't like them..." The woman chuckled. "Mostly because most of my work isn't something you could wear in public.. People know that most of the stuff in the exotic section is my designs.. and that skews their opinion a bit. These that I am showing you though.. You could do just about anything in them with the right accessories.. from a heavy workout in the gym, to a formal wedding reception.. Of course.. I wouldn't recomend that last one.. you would look great, but wearing leather to a wedding gets you some interesting looks. Not all of them are the kind a young lady like yourself would want to attract." Alita giggled. "You sound like you have some experience in that... but I don't think I'm gonna be going to any weddings any time soon.. I don't really have many friends..." The large woman shook her head. "A pretty girl like you with no friends... what is this city coming to? Well, I think you won't need to worry about that, I doubt anyone will be able to ignore you after we are done. Of course, I have a few that are designed to make them ignore you... for those times you would rather be alone."

Teranth moved quietly into the store and glanced around. He waved as he saw Shendo coming out of the fitting room. Shendo waved back at him, and moved toward the front of the store, stopping briefly at the coat rack to pick up a long trenchcoat for himself.

Alita considered the drawings for a moment longer before handing the notebook back to the large woman. "I think.. that third one.. Its nothing fancy, and I think it would look the best." The woman turned the page and smiled. "Subtle, yet seductive. I thought that would get your attention. Come over here, and lets get this fitted to you." She reached behind a curtain, and pulled out one of the leather outfits that was nearly the right size already. "You put this on, and then I'll take care of the rest."

Alita noted the delicate spiderweb pattern on the pants, only a very slight variation in the shading even showed it to be there at all, with a smile as she slipped them on. The inside of them felt more like silk than leather as they slid up her long legs. She shivered slightly at the sensations she felt from the soft material. She then slipped into the leather top, it was not something her mom would approve of, but somehow that made her want it even more. The low cut of it revealed enough to satisfy a young woman who has just realized how good she looked, but still covered enough that she wouldn't be embarassed to be seen wearing it. The pattern on the top was as subtle as the one on the pants, but was different as well, resembling the outline of a cat on a moonless night.

The large woman walked around her, tightening the lacings on each garment before stepping back for a moment. "Now the fun part my dear. If I have your permission.. I'm afraid I have to be a bit more hands on with this part" Alita looked a bit surprised, but nodded in agreement. "I don't have anything to worry about... if she was going to hurt me she would have done it already." Despite the warning, she was a little surprised when the woman closed a hand over each of her breasts, she was too surprised to be offended, and found herself enjoying the sensation of her strong hands caressing her like that. The leather began to contract around her until it was a perfect fit. The woman then went around behind her, and closed one hand over her ass. Again, she couldnt help but enjoy the sensation, despite being more than a little uncomfortable.
The OCA
The pants contracted to a perfect fit, and the woman took her hands away from Alita's body. "I hope you will forgive what seems to be a bit too bold.. but I must ensure a good fit, and those are the areas most dificult to work properly without adequate knowledge." Alita blushed. "Did.. you really have to do it that way...?" The woman laughed. "Unless you want it to pinch.. which I wouldn't recomend." She bent down, and kissed Alita lightly on the lips. "You have been a most enjoyable customer little one. Feel free to come back any time." Alita felt strangely excited by this other woman's light touch, but couldn't get over feeling a little angry. "I... I should go.. Thanks..." The woman smiled at her, and as she closed the door, she heard her say quietly. "No.. Thank you... "

Alita held her hand over her lips, still feeling a little excited from the encounter. "Why do I feel this way... Is it just because it was her... Or would it be like that with anyone else..." She couldn't help wishing that Shendo would touch her like that, but she realized that it would have to wait for now.

The large woman sat back in her chair, giggling slightly after Alita had gone. "Why are all of the best ones taken already?" she said with a sigh, thinking of how she would have enjoyed spending some time educating that young woman on lifes other possibilities. "Becausssse my dear Helen... If they were not taken, you would never get your work done." She jumped up at the sound of his voice. "What do you want now?" The snake-man walked out from behind the curtain. "It ssseemsss the lady'sss mother hasss eluded my hunterssss... I needed to know what to look for if I needed to do more to protect her." Helan glared at him. "This is my private workplace. My customers expect privacy when they are here." A smile crossed the scaled visage of the man before her. "And they do get it. I waited until you and the lady were done...Of coursssse, I arrived in time for the kissss.." he added teasingly. "Could it be that the warrior woman hasss fallen for the kitten?" Helen grabbed him by the throat and picked him up off of the ground. "This is none of your affair. She is well protected as you know, and will only be more so when I tell the others how to find her."

"Jussssst don't forget your posssssition here. The Hive would not want her sssssspoiled by some of your idealssss." The man said as she set him down. Helen turned away from him. "My ideals would not spoil her, she could do with a bit more knowledge of the world." the man rubbed his neck gently, though he still smiled "Perhapsssss.. But issss it that you want her to know, or that you want another plaything.. You do tend to go through them quickly." Helen did not turn around to face him, but spoke again more calmly than before. "Unless you need new clothes, or want to be made into new clothes. You had better leave now." she walked away from him, and waited for him to leave before collapsing in her chair, the selfcontrol she had worked on for so long came crashing down as she allowed herself to cry. His taunts had hurt her more than she could ever let anyone know.

Alita managed to regain her composure before she reached the main part of the store. She grinned at the stunned look on Shendo's face. It was obvious to her that the new outfit was doing exactly what it was supposed to, making sure the right people noticed her, but by the way the rest of the customers ignored her, it also had the effect of making her harder to notice by others, or at least that is what she thought was the reason. She didnt realize that it was her own wish to not be noticed by them that was making them ignore her.

She thought as she walked that while these were warm enough for the warm weather they were having right now, she would need something more when winter came, so she grabbed a long trenchcoat as she passed the coat racks. Shendo crossed the space between them more quickly than she did, and picked her up in his arms, kissing her enthusiastically as he spun around. "You look wonderful!" he said before setting her down. Alita laughed, and kissed him back, a little of the excitement she had felt caused her to be a bit more foreward than usual, one hand slipping over his muscular ass before snapping back up to his side.

Teranth tried to keep himself from laughing, the two of them reminded him of how he and Noriku had been when they were younger. "And how we are even now sometimes.." he added to himself as he moved toward the cash register.

Alita and Shendo walked up behind Teranth, set the tags from their puchases on the counter, and each of them picked up a pair of sunglasses from the small rack of them. Alita giggled when she turned the rack, and found a pair of them that would fit the many-eyed man behind the counter. The man smiled at her, and began entering some numbers into the register. "Helen's work aint it little girl? I thought you might like some of her things." though his voice was kind, there was a gruff sound to it. Alita nodded, blushing slightly at the memory of her encounter with the large woman. "So her name is Helen... Why didn't she tell me..?"

Teranth paid for the items, and they all moved out of the store, he smiled at Alita when she got into the car. "Thats good work Alita, if I didn't know it was you under all of that, I wouldn't believe it." Alita smiled back. "That was the point wasn't it..?" She sat down in the back seat next to Shendo. The two of them settled into eachother's arms as easily as if they had been together for years, instead of less than a day. Alita gave Shendo a promising smile when Teranth wasn't looking, and lay her head on his shoulder as they drove back to their home.

The snake-man watched from the alley behind the store. "The package hasss been delivered.. The resssst isss for the othersss to prepare." he hissed quietly before vanishing into the nearby sewer grate, knowing he had little time to get out of town before Layla sent someone to find him. As he hit the ground, he felt a blade sink into his back. "I don't know what you meant by that, but it doesn't matter. You don't have enough breath left to care what I think of you anymore." the large man pulled his knife out of the snake-man's back, and let him drop to the ground. "Now, to finish what you should have started." He said, his voice oozing with contempt as he moved swiftly up the ladder. "Where could the girl be? I didn't see her with the freaks, but the mistress was so sure that they had her.. Oh well, it is only a matter of time before I find her. She cannot hide from me forever."

Noriku sat on the couch, waiting for Teranth and the kids to get back. Her mind was racing with all of the possible things that could have gone wrong, they had been gone longer than she thought they would be. "Relax... Its only been a little while since they should have been back... probably just took them longer to find clothes... or maybe they got stuck in traffic... They will be home soon.." She tried to calm herself, but she couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. "Someone is in trouble... but it isnt Terry.. and the kids are with him... It feels like it is someone I know... but not someone I know well... It couldn't hurt to expend a bit of power and find out.." She was already moving for her ritual implements when she finished that thought. "I may not be the kind of witch my mom was... but the simple things still work well enough."

She laid out the candles and incense carefully around the small bowl she would use to see what it was that disturbed her thoughts this way. Despite the care she took, it didnt take very long at all before she was ready. "Focus... scrying is a simple spell.. but it won't work if I don't concentrate.." she sat in the center of the circle, breathing in the heavy scent of the incense as she let her consciousness follow the path laid out by her preparations.

She watched the image in the bowl carefully, it first showed a dark alley with a vaguely familiar figure at the end of it. She watched him as he slipped down into the sewers. She nearly lost her concentration on the spell when the knife stuck in his back. She managed to hold it out of trained habit rather than desire to watch what happened. The man who had stabbed him came into focus, but there was little detail she could get from him. His eyes were completely black, as was the mask and hood over his face, the only patch of skin she could see had a strange yellow tint to it. "Focus... let me hear what he hears.." she thought, knowing somehow that this would be very important.

"Now, to finish what you should have started." the man said calmly, though the contempt he held for the scaled man he had killed crept into his voice as easily as the blade had pierced the man's skin. The spell followed the man out of the sewer, and as it drove away, she saw him focus on the car she knew Teranth and the kids were in. "They are the only lead I have. Or perhaps the little woman at home.." the man said just as she lost her hold on the spell. "Oh my god... he is coming here... I have to get rid of him before they get back.." she thought as she stood up, somehow certain that he would arrive before they did.

She didnt get far out of the circle before someone much larger than herself hit her from behind, before she could react, she had been tied up, and set almost gently in the chair on the otehr side of the room, the man had not gagged her, but when she opened her mouth to speak, he gestured threateningly with his knife. "Keep your mouth shut until I ask you a question. Answer my questions well, and you will leave here with your life and those of your family intact. If you don't, then you will watch as I slowly disect each of them.. Understand me?" Noriku nodded slowly, tears filling her eyes as her overly active imagination showed her what could happen. Furiously she drove those thoughts from her mind, and glared at the man in front of her. She didn't understand how he had gotten there so quickly, but she was certain that he was the same man she had seen in her scrying bowl.

"Where is miss Shendana?" he asked, his voice barely over a whisper. Noriku looked him in the eye and responded just as quietly. "I don't know." The man smiled. "She was last seen with your son, and they got in a cab together. Did she stay here?" Noriku's heart was racing, but she kept her expression the same as it had been. "We fed her, gave her something to wear, and then she left." "All of it true.. I didn't tell him when she left afterall... Half of lieing is knowing how much truth to tell.." The man considered her for a moment. "She didn't go back into the city. We would have seen that. So where did she go?" Noriku shook her head. "I don't know... I told her to go back to the city... I didn't want to cause trouble..." tears filled her eyes again, but this time she made no effort to stop them. "Miss Leshara, I must insist that you tell me everything that you know about where she went. What she was wearing, and anything she said to you."

Noriku closed her eyes, and stared at the floor. "First that scaly bastard.. now this scary fucker.. How does everyone know who I am?" "She was wearing one of my old blue shirts and a pair of old jeans when she left... She was moving toward the city last I saw... and she said something about hiding from someone.. I think she said it was her mother..." "I couldn't ever make this one work before.. but I need it to work now..." She thought grimly as she stared, not at the man, but at the bearskin rug he was standing on, mentally reciting the spell to bring an object to life, while at the same time working one hand free from her bonds. She had to work carefully so he wouldnt see her, she only needed a little slack so she could work the much simpler fire calling spell and burn through the ropes, but she also needed to act on the intended distraction imediately if she wanted to have a chance to do anything.

"I see.. You disapoint me miss. I thought the lives of your family meant more to you than that. I think. Your son will be the first to go..." the taunt about her son drove Noriku's rage beyond uncontrolable, giving her the power to do far more than she ever could have before. The rug sprang to life, wrapping itself around the man, and trying to bite him with its still intact mouth. The ropes fell from her arms and legs as she rose to her feet, a powerful wind whipping through the room as flames danced in her eyes. "You'll not touch anyone!" she roared, bringing her hands down in a slashing motion. The air in front of her opened into a seemingly empty space, a black hole in the center of the living room, but something began to crawl out of it.

The man fought against the surprising strength of the long dead bear, despite te peril he was in he thought. "The power of her family is stronger in her than we thought... but I won't be defeated by a mere woman!" His knife cut through the body of the bear, and it fell to his sides, lifeless once again. But it had bought the time needed, a foul black winged creature came forth from the portal in front of the once docile witch. It moved toward him with a speed he could not hope to match, catching him off guard as it gripped his right hand tightly, he felt a strange burning sensation, and then imense pain when his arm was ripped from his body. There was no blood, but he felt weaker, as though this thing fed on his life force.

He still held a knife in his left hand, and he managed to dodge the thing's second attack. The front door burst open just as he threw the knife, hoping that the stories he had heard about these creatures was true, that they vanished with the death of their summoner. A blast of flame caught the knife mere inches from Noriku's face deflecting it to the side, and Shendo stood at the doorway, one hand raised toward her. Teranth came in right behind him, blade drawn as he stepped in front of his wife. The creature was distracted for a moment, and the man took that opportunity to run out the open door, more interested in living through the day than trying to follow through on his threat. Shendo ignored the man in favor of what he saw as the greater danger. Denied its proper prey, the creature turned toward Noriku, determined to get its fill before returning to the darkness that spawned it.

Noriku collapsed in a heap on the floor, her energies completely drained, but the creature still very real as it moved toward her, more slowly now that it did not have her energy to feed it and make it stronger. Teranth slashed violently at the creature, but it danced back away from him. Shendo stepped cautiously into the room, his gloved hands at his sides as he contemplated the best way to fight this thing. Alita moved cautiously in behind him, afraid, not only for herself, but for everyone else as well. But at the same time, she didnt know what she could do about it.

"Shendo, get your mother and Alita out of here! I will deal with this!" Teranth commanded, he didn't dare take hsi eyes off of this creature, for he had seen it once before. It was many years ago, his wife had been dreaming when it attacked. This was no demon, not one anyone he knew of had ever identified at least. it was truly a nightmare of a creature. In the end, it was his father who got rid of the creature last time, but doing so cost him his life. Teranth knew very well that it could be his fate as well. He tightened his grip on his sword and thought. "If that is the price I pay. Then so be it!" He took a step toward the creature, and attacked again. It dodged again, but failed to avoid the younger man as he charged it.

Shendo ran straight at the creature, both hands extended toward it. He grabbed its arms and pinned them behind its back, his gloves protecting him from the worst of the creature's power, but he could feel himself weakening. "Not this time!" he cried as he concentrated on summoning the flames again. The flames ignored his call this time however, he lacked the strength to call them anymore.

The creature's body spasmed with apparent agony when Shendo latched onto it, slowly it began to vanish, but the toll it was taking on Shendo to hold onto it was incredible. Shendo felt himself slipping, but held on fiercely. "Like a weasel on a bear... Too weak to kill it, but too dumb to admit it." his grandfather had teased when he first experienced the strength of his grandson. Shendo had only been five, and less than half the old man's size, but he wrestled with him determined to try.

Teranth slashed down at the creature, determined to save his son. The creature fell in two pieces, but rather than vanishing entirely, it was sucked up into Shendo's body, through the gloves he wore. Shendo's eyes rolled back in his head, and he collapsed. Alita rushed foreward, and caught him as he fell. She held him to her chest, sobbing uncontrollably. "Please... stay with me...." she whispered while she could still manage it.

Teranth bent down and checked on his son quickly. "He is still alive.. but he isnt doing too good... come on, help me get him on the couch.. I'll call someone to help him." Alita nodded slowly, somehow regaining control of herself long enough to help lift Shendo off of the ground, and carry him to the couch.

Teranth moved his wife carefully into the reclining chair after checking on her. "Magical drain... she must have wanted to kill that bastard pretty badly to go that far... But she will be fine with some rest.. I'm more worried about Shendo... I don't know if there is anything anyone can do for him... a hospital would hardly know how to treat someone for absorbing a damn nightmare..." He flipped open his cell phone, and called one of their neighbors, he was a healer of sorts. There was no answer at the old man's house, but moments later he came into the room without warning. "Saw some comotion from down the street, What happened here?"

Teranth closed his eyes. "Paul.. My wife... summoned something... and my son absorbed it... I don't know what you can do.. but try to do something for him... my wife just needs rest." Paul moved over to the couch. "Miss, I need you to move out of the way now. I can't work around you." he said. Alita glared at him, but reluctantly stepped away. Teranth shook his head. "Your bedside manner definately hasn't improved old man..." Paul looked back at him briefly, and Teranth heard in the back of his mind. "Proper beside manner is for pretty nurses, and useless busybodies. I am neither." He then turned back to Shendo, slowly extending his senses deep into the young man's body.

Shendo was vaguely aware of them moving him, but was unable to do anything but continue his internal struggle. He was trapped somehow within the creature's own realm. He fought against it using all of his considerable strenght, and his untrained powers. While it fought against him using its natural cunning and agility. Though it had lost its ability to drain him, it was still far more experienced in this kind of struggle.

He knew that the creature held the advantage here, but he also knew he wouldn't give up. He had caught it by surprise once, he could do it again. His powers seemd to have returned to him in greater measure than he normally had, and he did not seem to tire here, but the creature was stronger still. Any time it tried to close with him, he blasted a ring of fire around him to push it away. It seemed to fear the touch of the flames, but also seemed to avoid his touch even as it sought to grab a hold of him.

The demon watched its new foe carefully, it did not know how it had brought him here with it, and suspected that this was the boy's doing rather than its own. In truth, it was both. It's desire to return home intact, and Shendo's determination to hold on.

"This makes little sense to me.. The body is fine, but.. I cannot detect the mind that should be controling it... it is as though your son is not there.. That is why he won't wake.." Paul said, strangely calm in this crisis. Alita stepped toward him, her hands raised threateningly. "What the fuck does that mean!?" Paul sighed. "Getting upset at me won't change the facts little girl.. If you want to help him, do what you can to help Noriku recover quickly. I know a way to bring his mind back. But we will need all of you to do it properly." Alita lowered her hands, and turned away. "I don't know what to do.... I don't even really know what is wrong with her..." her fear threatened to overwhelm her as she stood there, but a small part of her knew that this old man was right.

Paul glanced over at Teranth, who stood up, and walked over to Alita. He grabbed her shoulders, and shook her roughly. "Listen to me! The best thing you can do right now, is pull yourself together. Bring any blankets you can find, and find some food. Even if you don't think it will help, just find somethign to keep you busy! We cannot have you falling apart on us right now!" he growled, only the kindness in his voice kept her from striking him and running away as fast as she could.

Alita moved away from Teranth, stopping briefly at the couch to gaze silently down at Shendo again. Despite his helpless state, seeing him made her find a deeper courage within herself, and she movd quickly around the house, gathering blankets as she had been told. Teranth moved back to his wife's side. "I'm sorry little one, but I didn't have a choice.. I hope you can forgive me when this is done.."

Shendo sent large blasts of flame at the creature before him, it dodged each blast, but he somehow sensed its fear as each one slid by. He grinned slightly at it. "Lets see what you can really do.." he said quietly, thinking of how its movements were remarkably like his father's. "Something unexpected... thats the key..." he thought as he began circling his foe.

Paul stood up, and looked over at Teranth. "I have to go get a few things from the house. Keep everything under control, and don't move either of them any more." Teranth nodded. "Hurry back. I'm almost as out of my depth as Alita there..." Paul smiled slightly, a strange sight to see on his usually too serious face. "I won't be long, but you don't know what a relief it is to hear you admit there is something you can't do." He left before Teranth could comment further.

Noriku stirred slightly when they wrapped the blankets around her, but she did not wake up. Shendo's body seemed to be radiating heat, and the one blanket they tried to put on him began smoking as soon as it touched him. They took it away before it burst into flames, but it was clear by the charred underside of it, that it would have happened.

Shendo sent three blasts in rapid succession at the creature, it avoided each one, not as easily as before, but he began to grow frustrated with it. "I guess its time to see how well I can really control this..." he thought as he began to advance slowly toward it, a fireball glowing in one hand, while the other sat at his side, pointing toward the ground as he concentrated on what he planned to do. "Getting a hold of it worked once... I just need it to be distracted long enough for me to do it... then, I finish it off like I tried to do before."

Alita had already set up a tray with a bowl of soup on it near Noriku, and another a little further away from Shendo, even though she knew that even when he woke up, he probably wouldn't want to eat anything. Teranth closed his eyes, holding his wife's hand gently in his own. "Come back to me.. we need you now.." he thought, hoping that she would hear him. Alita paced along the back of the couch, wishing she could get close enough to do the same for Shendo, but the heat had grown beyond what she could tolerate.

Paul came back in after a few minutes, a bag slung over his shoulder, and a small drum under his arm. He looked over at Alita, but passed by her entirely to begin preparing for what he knew needed to be done. He had no time to offer any kind of pity for the young girl, no matter what happened here, she would recover from any heartache this caused her. "Focus on the task at hand old man, this isn't the time to be worrying about things you can't help." he reminded himself sternly.

"You fight well mortal. But you cannot win." the creature said, false confidence in its voice. It knew that it was very possible that this could be its last fight. Shendo smirked, and kept walking toward it. "Maybe not, but if I go down, I am taking you with me." "It is afraid.. It knows I can hurt it." flames encircled the two of them, begining from Shendo's empty hand. Shendo smiled at the demon who was now trapped within the circle, for whatever reason, it couldn't fly in this place. "Lets play a game here. I ask you a question, you answer it, then ask me one. We are pretty even here it seems, and it would be nice to know something about eachother. Who knows, maybe I will slip up, and tell you something you can use." The creature smiled, or at least it tried to. Its grotesque toothy maw was ill suited for such an expression. "Very well wolf-child. Ask your question."

Shendo considered it for a moment. "What are you?" he asked, keeping the fireball held in front of him to keep the creature at bay. The creature laughed. "I am that which all mortals secretly fear. The Demon of the darkest corners. The mighty beast Learethanel" The realm seemed to shake as the creature spoke its name. "How did you follow me to my realm mortal?" it said, glaring at him as it spoke. Shendo glared back. "Follow you..? You are the one who brought me here!" He took a deep breath, then asked his next question. "How was my mom able to control you?"

Learethanel laughed. "Control me?! That little bitch! You don't get it mortal. She had no control over me! She is simply the only mortal foolish enough to have ever summoned me into your world! She could bring me there at will, and as long as I had other prey, I was content to feed on it. But when that prey was denied, I turned on her." it flexed its well muscled arms and grinned. "Why were you so eager to throw your life away when you attacked me mortal? I would only have taken the summoner. The others would not have been harmed." Shendo's hand shook slightly as he took an angry step toward Learethanel. "I will protect my family, as they would do for me. the price for their safety was a small one."

Even as he grew angrier at this creature, so casually talking of slaughtering his mother. He couldn't help but stare at its well proportioned body, nor could he help the thrill of excitement when it took a slow step toward him. "What the hell is wrong with me... This thing is nothing to me! I know what I want, and this thing isnt it!" "Why are you so interested in my world?" he said, summoning a bit of the false calm that unnerved some of the bullies he had dealt with. Lerathanel seemed to find some ammusement in his discomfort, and a slight chuckle escaped from it. "I have many appetites young mortal.. Seldom do I get to feed any of them.. and never have I met someone who could be my equal in my own realm..." its voice went from a contemptuous drawl to a seductive purr as it took another step, its muscles rippling with controlled power.

Shendo tried to look away when he realized that this creature did nothing to hide anything about its appearance. At this distance, he could see the sensuous curve of its lips, the seductive sway of its hips. The pouch that had hidden its member from view had opened, and its cock was growing before his eyes. He blushed slightly, and tried to hide his own reaction to this. Learethanel walked slowly around him. "I could bring you anything you wish mortal.. Power, glory... All you have to do is accept me.. Let me become one with your flesh, and anything you desire shall be yours."

Shendo took a step back from it and glared. "That wasn't a question." "Is it actually suggesting what I think it is...? My god.. why am I feeling like this now!?" Learethanel chuckled, "No it wasn't... Why do you resist mortal? I can see the desire in your eyes.. Smell it on your body... Don't fight your nature.. It is pointless... Eventually you will give in to your desires, if not with me, then with another... At least with me, you can be sure you will get your just rewards from it."

Shendo felt his heart racing, though part of him was disgusted, another part of him whispered insistently. "You want this... You know you will like it. Think of what you stand to gain from it." He opened his mouth to speak, but was unable to make the words come out. The fireball in his hand flickered and died as he lowered it. "Well mortal... or should I call you.. Shendo? That is the name your mother called you isnt it?Why don't you answer my question? Nothing can hurt you here.. You are as powerful as I am.. Let us show your world the extent of that power.. together.." Shendo looked up at him, trying desperately to keep his self control, when he spoke again, his voice shook. "I resist... because it is what I know... Because it is all I have in this place..." He looked down as he finished speaking, somehow, though he hated saying it, he couldn't help but tell the truth. A faint breeze blew through the area, and he realized that his clothes had vanished.

"What are you doing to me!?" Shendo demanded as he took a slightly reluctant step away. Learethanel smiled again, its face taking on a more pleasing appearance, a slightly effeminite version of Shendo's face. "I do nothing.. It is your own desires that cause everything in this place... Your desires that now shape me.. No other has ever had such power.. not alone.. Your power calls to me dear Shendo.. Give in to it."

Alita watched over Shendo, carefully moving closer when the heat died down slightly. "Wh-whats wrong with him... It was so hot.. but now..." Paul glanced over. "This is just speculation... but I would say that the heat was representing an inner struggle... one that the lad can't seem to win... though he still fights in other ways.." he turned back to his preparations, but silently cursed at himself for not being able to do more right now.

Noriku sat up suddenly in the chair, her eyes wide with shock. "No! Don't touch him!" she yelled, seemingly unaware of her surroundings for the moment. Teranth rushed to her side, and embraced her tightly. "My love... it is alright.. wake up, we need you now." Noriku relaxed slightly at his touch. "Terry..." Paul moved over to her at that point, and pushed the tray of soup closer. "As much as I hate to interupt. She needs to eat that, and get her strength up so she can help her son." Noriku blinked at him, trying to focus. "Paul.... what has happened?" He looked back at her. "Noriku, you know better than I do. I only arrived in the aftermath, and it was your demon the boy tried to eat."

Shendo shivered slightly. Learethanel's voice washed over him like a warm wave, bringing sensation, and promising more. "I love Alita.... but this... I don't understand.." Learethanel came within arms reach of him, but he couldn't bring himself to lash out at the demon. "You are a lovely creature Shendo... it would be a shame to waste such beauty.. Join with me.. Let me bring you the pleasures that have been denied to you." It reached one arm toward him, gently caressing his face with its strong hand. "Please, don't resist further Shendo.. I can see that you want this.. I can bring you pleasure you could only dream of if you will let me."

Shendo turned his head slightly, ashamed to admit that he did enjoy the demon's touch. "It is fast enough that even if I struck now.. it would stop me... I don't have any choice but to go along with this... I'll get a moment to strike it later.. if there is a later.. God.. how can something so wrong feel this good..." he closed his eyes, and nodded, allowing himelf to give in to the unexpected pleasure of its touch.

"WHAT!?" Noriku yelled. "What do you mean by that!?" Paul shook his head. "Terry told me that you summoned it, and somehow, your son absorbed it. Now, instead of yelling at me, why don't you eat your damn soup, and we can do something to help him." "Tactless as always old man..maybe I should try to be a little nicer to her.. no.. I'll be nice when they are all on their feet.. Right now, they need someone to make them do what needs to be done." Noriku glared at him, but started eating the soup in front of her. From the first spoonful, she began to feel some of her strength returning.

Shendo gazed almost fearfully into the eyes of the demon in front of him, it was beautiful, but a part of him was afraid. He knew what it wanted from him, but he couldn't help but wonder what it would actually feel like. The demon's cock was nearly a foot long, and as wide as three of his fingers. It moved around in an almost snakelike fashion as Learethanel leaned in and pressed its lips to his. His initial reaction was one of disgust, but as he felt the demon's lips part, its forked tongue slowly slipping inside of his mouth, he came to enjoy it. He parted his own lips in response, wrapping his tongue around the demon's, their erections rubbing together as he took one final step into its embrace.

A small part of him wanted to stop, but he ignored that part in favor of prolonging the kiss. He hadn't ever felt like this with anyone before, fire raced through his veins as he locked his arms around the demon. In response, Learethanel engulfed him in its wings, bringing the two even closer together. It brought its tail up between his legs, slowly sliding it up his thigh, then gently caressing his ass as it pulled him in, their bodies now fully against eachother. "There is no way I can stop this now.. I can barely think.. I couldn't call the fires even if I wanted to right now..." Shendo thought as he slid one arm slowly down the demon's back, cupping its firm ass in his hand. "The mortal is not doing too badly.. a bit of training and he would be worth keeping around just for this..."

Noriku stood up and moved over to the couch. "What do we have to do Paul?" Paul smiled slightly. "She recovered quickly... good." I need you and the girl over here with me. Terry, I need you on the drum. Give me a slow heartbeat rhythm. Noriku.. I need the two of you to concentrate only on Shendo here.. Allow no other thoughts to come into your heads. Understand me?" Alita and Noriku both nodded, and closed their eyes to concentrate better.

Learethanel broke away from the kiss to smile at Shendo. "Are you ready?" it asked him, by this time, Shendo was ready to do anything, if only to prolong the pleasure he felt. "Yes.. what should I do?" "Typical mortal... a slave to his own desires... This was almost too easy." "You relax.. and let me work. Your every desire shall be yours my lovely Shendo.." Learethanel slowly turned Shendo around, its long tongue tickling the base of his ear as it leaned over him. Slowly, Shendo bent down under the light touch of the demon's body against his back.

"Too much pain might give him something to focus on.. that would be too dangerous... Maybe a bit of preparation before I have my fun with this one.." Learethanel thought, slowly moving its tongue down his back, sliding it over his lower cheeks, then just as slowly, pushing it in underneath his tail. Shendo gasped at the new sensations awakened by the demon's tongue entering his ass. It was an odd feeling, but he found himself willingly giving in to it, ignoring the part of him that screamed for him to end this as the demon pushed in further. "This is so weird... but.. it feels good...." he thought, his mouth opening slightly.

Learethanel suppressed a laugh at Shendo's reaction. "Just as big of a slut as his mother... but that was interupted... This one is all mine.." It brought its tail up, and inserted it into Shendo's mouth to keep him from speaking, moving it in and out slowly as it continued to push its tongue into his asshole. Shendo closed his eyes, he was still a little ashamed of himself, but he couldn't deny that he was thoroughly enjoying this. Even the demon's tail in his mouth seemed to add to his pleasure as he sucked on it slowly. He shivered slightly as his asshole gently stretched around the slimy intruder, the end of the demon's tongue tickling deep inside of him.

"He is as ready as he will get.. I take a risk in doing this, but if I go slowly enough, I will not break the trance his desires have placed him in." Learethanel thought as it pulled its tongue out of the young man's ass. It got to its feet again, and slowly moved its hips toward him.

Shendo felt strangely empty when the demon's tongue pulled out of him, but before he could begin to feel dissapointed at that, he felt something larger pressing against his opening. A small voice in his mind screamed at him to wake up, but once again he ignored it, eager to see where this would go. Silently, he begged for the demon to enter him as he braced himself against one of the few rocks in this strangely featureless plane.

Learethanel slowly pushed into him, one inch at a time. Shendo winced slightly in pain, but as before, the pain quickly gave way to pleasure, his every nerve on fire, sending new sensations through his body as the demon pushed deeper inside of him, his muscles tightening around this new intruder only added to his pleasure as it pushed its tail deeper into his mouth as well.

Teranth began to play the drum, a slow heartbeat rhythm as he was told. Noriku and Alita concentrated on everything that they knew Shendo to be, the good and the bad. Paul had his hands on the young man's head, focusing his thoughts into a simple command. "Follow me, and AWAKEN!"

Shendo felt the sensations growing slightly more distant as the voice in his head grew stronger, but he held to them, wanting to bring this to its end. Learethanel glared up at the emptiness around him "Damn those fools.. they seek to interupt me again! Not this time..." it thought as it rammed the remaining length of his cock deep into Shendo's tender asshole. Shendo screamed in pain, this time, it did not go away so easily, but still a part of him enjoyed it as the demon pulled back, and rammed in again. Both moving faster each time.

Paul stepped back, a triumphant look on his face as Shendo's eyes opened, but this feeling was short lived as his body rose into the air, smoke pouring from him, slowly taking the shape of the demon. Alita and Noriku kept their eyes closed, but both could feel that something was going very wrong.

Shendo felt an irresistable pull on his conscious mind as he was jerked back into his real body. He felt the demon holding onto him as he had held on before, and part of him hoped the demon wouldn't let go.

Learethanel kept a tight grip on Shendo, and both were pulled back into the mortal realm. It continued to thrust into the young man, determined to feed its hunger this time. Both were lost, trapped between the throws of pleasure, and the pull of the normal world.

Alita slowly opened her eyes, then began screaming when she saw Shendo, bent over in midair, with the demon pounding into him ruthlessly on both ends. Her screams tore through the cloud that had settled in Shendo's mind, waking him up to the reality of the situation. "Damnit! This isn't right. This is just sex... not like what I have for... Oh god.. I have to stop this..." He closed his eyes to concentrate, ignoring the small voice that kept saying to him. "So what if it is just sex. You are enjoying yourself.. What's wrong with that?"

Learethanel felt the air growing warmer around it, but couldn't sem to focus as it gave in to the same desire that had led Shendo to accept this. Outside of its own realm, it had little control over itself otherr than to feed its dark hungers. A small part of it's mind screamed at it to flee back to its home, but it ignored that part of itself, listening instead to the voice that said. "Almost there... Keep it up..."

The pleasure he felt at the demon's attentions grew more and more distant as he concentrated. "I have to keep it under control... Can't hurt the others.." He felt himself growing weaker by the moment as the demon neared the end. Shendo and Learethanel cried out together in shared pain and pleasure as the demon's sticky fluid coated the inside of his ass, and the flames erupted around them. The flames engulfed both of them, forming a spinning ball of fire in the middle of the living room.

"No! This cannot be! What are you doing!? You are under my control!" Learethanel protested as the flames began to contract around the two of them. Shendo spat the tail out of his mouth and grinned. "Not this time asshole... You lose..." The demon laughed as he grabbed ahold of Shendo, wrapping his arms around him, and kissing him again. "You lose more than I do... While I shall be reborn as soon as enough mortals fear my darkness again. You will have lost the one thing that you ever loved! As I pass from this world, so to do I pass my darkness into you mortal! Feel the dark hungers that you can never truly feed!" Learethanel leaned in and locked their lips together one last time, forcing its tongue deep into the young man's throat, though Shendo tried to resist this time he was far too weak from its draining touch to even turn his head.

As the flames died down, Shendo remained suspended in the air, his face a mask of the purest agony. The demon was nowhere to be seen, but everyone in the room could still hear its laughter echoing throughout the walls of the house.

Alita watched in horor as Shendo writhed helplessly in the air, his body contorted by the conflicting enrgies passing through it. "Someone help him!" she cried, trying to force herself to stand, but unable to do so. Paul shook his head. "There is nothing we can do now... This is his fight to win or lose..." Alita turned on the old healer. "So we just watch this!? What kind of healer are you!?" Paul glared at her, he had been pushed too much in recent years, and he was tired of it, the careful hold he had held on his temper snapped as he turned to her again. "What would you expect me to do little girl! This isn't some injury you can put a bandaide on. This is powerful demon magic at its worst! Anyhting we could do would just kill him at this point. You want to help him, why don't you try beliving in the lad for a change!!" he backed away before he could bring himself to strike her. "Its not her fault.. she is young.. and hasn't learned the realities of this world yet... We are born to lose those we care about.. it happens eventully no matter how hard we try.." he thought as he turned back to watch the events unfolding.

Shendo opened his mouth to scream, his voice coming out as a strange mix of his own, and that of the demon as he tried to curl up, he knew it wouldn't help, but he didn't want Alita to watch him being torn apart. Dark flames sprouted from his back, forming giant wings, the flames disipated, but the shape of the wings remained. Great leathery wings folded down close to his back. His eyes snapped open next, changing from their brilliant golden yellow, to a deep crimson, to an even deeper black as he suddenly stretched out his body fully, his wings spread to their fullest, nearly touching the walls on either side of the room.

His fur changed color, darkening from its natural grey, to a perfect match for his eyes. Only his hair remained the same color, but it grew several inches, stopping just above his ankles as he slowly lowered to the floor, his hair billowing out around him like a cloak. As he landed, his mouth opened again, his voice closer to its normal tone, but still mixed with the seductive purr of the demon. "Now you see my power mortal, we shall meet again... On my terms next time..." He shook his head, then spoke again, the strange calm that normally surrounded him returning, his voice still sounded a little different, but it was unmistakably his own. "We will see demon... we will see..."

Shendo looked around the room, then moved over to the couch, and pulled his pants back on, not knowing how they had come off, and in truth not really caring. He didn't feel at all shy anymore, but he still didn't like the way everyone was staring.

Paul looked around the room, a little uncomfortable in the silence, so as typical for him, he decided to break it. "Well.. that was interesting...." Shendo laughed. "I don't think interesting even begins to cover it old man.. what are you doing here?" His laugh seemed to break Alita from her trance, and she ran over to Shendo, throwing her arms around him, tears flowing freely from her eyes, soaking the fur on his chest, but neither of them seemed to notice as he wrapped his own arms around her, his hair fell around her as he leaned down. "Its okay... I'm not going anywhere..." he moved one hand up, tilting her face up so he could look her in the eye. "I heard you calling me kitten... Thank you..."

Alita looked up at him in surprise, torn visibly between kissing, and slapping him. in the end, she did both. Her hand flew up seemingly on its own, and delivered a stinging slap to the side of his furry face, then she grabbed onto his hair, and pulled him down and kissed him, all of her conflicting emotions caused her to be a bit more enthusiastic than normal, and he picked her up, holding her to him as long as possible. A small voice in his head told him. "Take her now! She is ready for it!" he told that part of him to take a long walk. He was just happy to be with her right now.

Noriku ran over and hugged both of them, not caring that she had interupted the moment. She was relieved to have her son back, even if he was a little different. She backed up a little when she heard both of them laughing a little, though she could also hear them both crying behind the laughter.

Shendo floded his wings tight against his back, and gently set Alita back on the ground. "As much as I would love to spend the rest of the day in your arms kitten... I think I have a prior appointment." he said calmly, glancing over at his father with a hint of a smile on his face. Teranth almost burst out laughing at that point. "I was going to let you off for the day.. I think near possession is a good reason to get out of training.. but I guess if you are really up to it.." Shendo laughed. "Dad, I'm fine. I feel strong enough to arm wrestle a gorrilla." Teranth did laugh at that one. "That may be, but we don't have one of those here, so you'll have to settle for sparring with me."

Paul took this opportunity to take Noriku off to one side. "Noriku.. Keep an eye on him for a few days.. Something is not quite right here. No one walks away from something like that so easily.. I remember what you were like.. and the demon didnt get to finish with you..." Noriku closed her eyes, suppressing the memory of that day. "What are you saying exactly?" Paul shrugged. "I don't know what to expect here, just be on your guard. I patched you up from near death once... I'd rather not have to do it again." Noriku nodded, one eye watching her son and husband as they moved out to the backyard, stopping at the counter to pick up their swords. "Terry can handle himself.. Its you I am worried about. You don't have much self defense training to speak of.. and most of your magic is useless for that." Paul said, allowing the worry he felt to show in his eyes. "Paul, I promise I will be careful. Nothing is going to catch me offguard again.." Noriku whispered, a new determination showing on her face.

Teranth walked purposefully out into the center of the yard. Rather than a more traditional cleared circle, this training area was set up like an obstacle course. "Much more realistic to the real world... Get them used to it early so they don't get surprised later." He remembered his father saying when he had asked about it in his youth. "Well son. its come down to this.. Do well, and you could be done learning from me.. If not, then we will work harder every day until you succeed." Shendo smiled, there was nothing mocking in his stance as some students would show, he had nothing but respect for his father. "On the training grounds, the master is the one true god. Remember this lesson well and it will save you a lot of trouble in the future." his father had told him before they had started their first training session.

Alita watched out the kitchen window, she had never had a chance to watch other people fighting like this, and was eager to see what they would do. "Stop kidding yourself girl." her conscience nagged. "You know you just want an excuse to watch your boyfriend in action." She smiled slightly. "Nothing wrong with that.." she told herself as she watched them settling into position.

Teranth stood across the yard from Shendo, his expression completely blank. Outside of these grounds, he was a loving father, inside of them however, he was a cold and harsh taskmaster, never settling for less than the best his pupil could give him. Shendo stood in an identical stance, both had a hand set casually on the hilt of their blades, but neither moved a muscle at first. Both sizing their opponent up as they had been trained.

"Though here we meet on equal ground. Outside of these grounds it is unlikely that you will be given the chance for that. Nor should you hesitate to deny that to your opponent. Strike quickly, and without hesitation. In the real world, if you do not attack, someone else will. Yet you must remember to never draw your blade in anger, or against an innocent. I did not train you to turn you into a tyrant or a bully." Teranth said, his voice carrying through the space between them as though he had shouted. He spoke these same words at the begining of every training session in the hope of drilling them into his son's head.

"Strike without hesitation, defend without fear. The principles of true power can only be realized through battle, yet one should never seek a battle unless there is no other way. This is the tue secret of a swordsman." Shendo said in reply, inclining his head slightly before charging at his opponent. Inside these grounds, he saw only the target, not who it was, and not what it was. He knew this would extend to a true battle as well, but he also knew how to recognize allies, and non combatants in a situation. All of this had been drilled into him from an early age.

When Shendo charged, Alita had a hard time following his movements, he moved faster than anyone she had ever seen before other than her own teacher. She watched as he drew his blade at the last moment before reaching his target.

Shendo's blade clashed against his father's, the sharp scraping sound echoed throughout the area as he jumped back, bringing his blade up to catch his father's counter attack. "Don't hold back boy. I know you can take me down." his father whispered as he slashed in again. This exchange took only a second, but to them it seemed to stretch on longer. they were so used to moving at this speed, that time actually seemed to slow down for them.
The OCA
Alita watched in awe as the combatants seemed to blur before her eyes, their blades barely visible as they struck eachother again and again, multiple times each time her eyes registered one hit. They leapt about like acrobats, sometimes dodging a blow instead of meeting it in any way. "This is incredible... deadly.. yet beautiful... A dance of death..." she thought, gasping when Shendo executed a dificult parry behind his back, spinning about for a counter attack. "You can move faster than that you know.." her conscience nagged again as she admired the way they moved. "Maybe.. but this isn't just speed... they have turned this from a fight... to a work of art.."

Shendo turned his blade to the side at the last moment when he realized this blow would connect, hitting his father in the side with the flat of the blade instead of the cutting edge. Teranth rolled back, the padding he wore had absorbed most of the blow, but he knew it would leave a bruise later. "Not bad kid, now lets take it up a notch."

Teranth growled under his breath as he charged again, he feinted towrad Shendo's face with his blade, then spun about to try to slam the hilt into his stomach. Shendo leapt over the attack, slashing down with the back of his blade as he passed, this time there was no resulting smack of metal on padding though. Teranth ducked under the blow, lashing out with a kick as Shendo landed. The kick caught him a little off guard, but he managed to roll with the impact, and came up on his feet, rushing toward his father with his blade held foreward. Their blades locked together as Teranth brought his own down to catch Shendo's. "Is that the best you can do boy! Come on! I know you can do better!" Teranth growled as he shoved his son away, he launched a small ball of energy at him as he pushed. He knew that his son knew about his abilities, but he had never used them in a practice session before. "Time for him to see what it is like in the real world.."

Shendo brought his blade back up, and caught the energy ball with the flat of it, sending it spiralling away as he summoned a dark flame around his sword, and swung it down at his father. Teranth smiled slightly, rolling to one side to avoid the blow. "Good, he is adapting to the new rules of the game... Lets see what he can really do." Teranth launched three more blasts of energy before slashing his blade in again. Shendo deflected each blast as he had the first, then came up and met his father's blade with his own. The dark flames swirled around the two swords as they pushed against eachother.

Teranth felt a strange weakness coming over him when the blades met, but kept pushing back. "Is this the effect of his ability.. or am I just getting old?" Shendo kept pushing toward his father, not knowing how he was winning this contest of strength this time, he had never won before. "Is he letting me win.. No, he is straining as hard as I am.... Is something wrong?" Shendo pulled down on his blade and stepped to one side, breaking the lockup as he brought the hilt of his sword into Teranth's stomach. He felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, but ignored it in favor of driving his attack home. The older man didn't manage to block this attack, though he did turn the fall into a more controlled tumble as he flew back several feet. His blade falling from his hands as he rolled onto his back.

Shendo walked over and picked up the blade, glaring slightly at it. "I know I didn't get that much stronger... So how did I win that..?" he asked, seeming to talk to the blade rather than his father. He reached a hand down after sheathing his own blade to help him up. Teranth accepted the aid, more out of surprise than anything. He was a proud man, and not normally willing to admit weakness of any kind.

Alita cheered quietly when Shendo finished the exchange. "That was amazing... I've never seen anything quite like it..." She found herself worrying a little when Teranth didn't get up imediately. But was relieved when she saw Shendo bend down to help him up again.

"You learned well my boy. I am very proud of you. On this day, you cease to be my pupil, and become my equal in this regard." Teranth said, smiling warmly at his son. Shendo shook his head. "Equal in battle.. but nothing else.. In all other things, I will always have more to learn from you." Teranth laughed, clapping his son on the shoulder. "Modest as always. You have a good head on your shoulders, and today, you proved that you know how to keep it there." Shendo winced, and looked down at his shoulder, it was bleeding sluggishly from a minor wound, but it was nothing compared to the way he felt right now. "High praise coming from you.. but, I was not entirely successful." Teranth looked a little worried, but shrugged it off as he said. "Son, let me tell you the final secret of what we do... First blood doesn't matter.. It is the final blow of the battle that determines who walks away." He smiled again. "Don't worry, we'll patch you up, and get you ready for your trip."

The two of them walked in, laughing about the end of the battle. Paul sighed and walked over to them, he poked Shendo's shoulder roughly with his index finger, and the small gash sealed itself intantly. "Be more careful next time. I ain't gonna be around to fix you up again." he said before turning back to finish packing up the things he brought over.

Shendo smiled. "Thanks.. I'll keep that in mind old man." Alita stared at him, confused at the way he treated the old healer. Shendo seemed to understand her confusion, and grinned at her. "Don't worry about it.. He is an old friend, he knows not to take me seriously when I say things like that." Paul rolled his eyes, and finished packing up. "Old friend... I helped bring you into this world lad. Just as I had done for your mother and father.. None of the hospitals around here would care for freaks like us back then."

Teranth went out ot the garage, pulled the cover off of his old bike again, and took the small box he had gotten earlier out of the pocket of his coat. He opened the box, and set the new part to one side. "This should give it a boost... I just hope they don't actually need it." he thought as he began carefully taking parts off of the bike to install the engine part.

The large man ran down the street, and hid behind the dumpster. "What the fuck was that thing... She never showed that kind of power before..." He glared at his empty sleeve, still amazed that not only was he not bleeding, but it didn't seem to hurt at all. He heard his cell phone buzzing quietly in his pocket, again he was surprised, he was sure it had been broken during the fight. He reached over and grabbed it, flipping it open, and holding it to his ear. "Yes?" he said, with a calm that he felt he would never truly feel again. "Where the hell are you? You should have found her by now!" Layla yelled into the phone. He shook his head. "A minor setback.. I need to check on a new lead, she wasn't at the freaks' house after all." "Minor setback! Good god. I am too careful with my words.. if this was anyone else I was talking to, I would never call losing an arm a minor anything!" "I will find her for you. Just give me some time." "Don't disapoint me... I would hate to have to replace you..." she said before hanging up. "Damn bitch... I should go check out that house again.. I might have overlooked something.. but not yet.. wait until they are asleep.." he said to himself, leaning against the dumpster. "This time.. I ain't fooling around.. I'm going to kill them all before they wake up. Then I can look around for the girl."

Shendo sniffed the air around them. "He is still nearby... The man from earlier... Still a threat... I think he plans to return.." He walked purposefully toward the door, only to find Alita standing in the way. "Shendo. You can't go out there now. If he comes back, then fight him here. but out there... He is an assassin... I know who he is.. and what he is capable of.." Shendo looked down at her, but she wasn't done. "He is the one who trained me... It was before my mom hired him.. but I know this is the same man.. He is as evil as they come..." Shendo closed his eyes. "All the more reason to take care of him now... if we wait.. then everyone here is in danger.. I can't know where he would come into the house.. or who he would go for first... I have to take the fight to him. I can take him down... and he will never bother you.... us again..."

Alita stood in his way, not budging an inch. "What good can you do by going out there to die! It doesn't matter if you get rid of him, or any of the others... She will send more.. unless there is no trace for them to follow." Shendo closed his eyes. "Alita... darling... I love you.. and I must protect you... if everyone she sends after us ends up dead, then she will not be able to find anyone willing to track us for any price.." He opened his eyes again. A slight red glow coming to them.

Alita lowered her arms, feeling strangely excited by this change in him, but disturbed at the same time. "I don't know what has come over you... if.. if you think this is the best way.. But.. if you die out there.. I'm going to find a way to bring you back.. so I can kill you again..." Shendo smiled, and bent down to kiss her. "I know you will, that is why I don't intend to die. Stay safe love.. I will return soon." Alita stepped out of his way, and opened the door. "Just.. come back safe.. I'll be waiting.."

Shendo stepped out the door, turned around, and smiled. "I'll be back before dinner is on the table my love. Stay out of trouble. I'm counting on you to keep mom and dad from following me." He snapped his wings open, and took off into the rapidly growing darkness. "I know your scent you son of a bitch... you can't hide from me now.."

Alita closed the door quietly, turning around to see Teranth and Noriku both standing there. "Where did he run off to in such a hurry?" Noriku asked angrily. Alita lowered her eyes to the floor. "He.. went to find someone..." Teranth grabbed her by the shoulders. "He went after that damned assassin didn't he?" he asked, just as angrily as his wife. Alita nodded slowly. "He said... it was the only way to make sure you were all safe... To keep me safe...." Noriku swore loudly as she turned to the stand by the door, she reached under the top of it, and grabbed the small gun she kept there. Teranth, released Alita, not as gently as he had intended, but he was not in the mood to care right now. "Which way did he go? We will go get him and bring him back." he growled.

Alita rubbed her shoulder, and looked fearfully at Teranth. "I... I don't know which way he went... but.. he wanted you.." "Damnit! I'm not going to stay behind while he goes out to fight a fools battle! Figure out which way he went, and lets go!" Teranth roared. Alita glared up at him, somehow his anger giving her more confidence. "He told me to keep you from following. And I will do it even if I have to knock your ass out to do it!" she said, bringing her hands up, and settling into a fighting stance. "I may not be as good with a blade as you are.. but I know damn well I can take you in a fist fight. So calm down before you make me do what I don't want to do!" Teranth glared at her. "You... would fight us after everything we have done for you..." Noriku grabbed her husband's wrist, and pulled his hand down. "Yes she would... She understands why he didn't want us there.. It would be a distraction.. especially me... and you know he would want you to stay here to keep me safe just in case the bastard got away from him.. We can't go..." she said before turning to look out the window. "The assassin is hurt... he won't be a match for Shendo if he is able to concentrate on what he is doing.."

Teranth looked stunned, switching his gaze between the two women rapidly. "If I went with him..." Alita kept her eyes down toward the floor. "Neither of us alone would be a match for the man who is out there... if Shendo can't keep him from getting away.. You would come back to a couple of corpses.. and the assassin would be gone... Please... stay with us. I... I've never been this scared before..." she began to cry as she admitted what she saw as her own weakness. Teranth felt the effects of her uncontrollable ability, but suppressed the urge to do something about it as he slowly put his arms around the girl in front of him. "Alita... it is okay to be afraid.. Just try to relax.. and have faith in Shendo.. my son is very strong.. in every way you could imagine.." Alita leaned against Teranth, crying on his shoulder as he held her. A small voice in her mind telling her. "If he is so strong, then he must have wanted what happened earlier..." She tried to ignore that voice as she forced herself to calm down a little

Shendo flew through the air, all of his senses alert for any sign of the assassin. He smelled the man long before he could see him, the blood of his previous victims still tainted his hands, and was easily detected by Shendo's keen nose. "Hiding with the rest of the garbage... typical... Soon you will lie in it forever.." He landed several yards away, but on the same side of the dumpster as the assassin. The growing twilight shrouded Shendo in a cloak of darkness, disguising his features to the point that even his own mother would have a hard time recognizing him.

The large man stood up upon seeing the figure land in front of him, his hand shaking slightly as he drew his remaining dagger. "Who are you!?" he demanded, his voice shaking almost as much as his hand. Shendo's eyes blazed red at that moment as he folded his wings, and drew his blade. "You won't be alive long enough to remember my name..." he said coldly as he walked toward his target.

As afraid as he was, the assassin didn't allow himself to be caught off guard, he lunged at Shendo, hoping that he could get a lucky strike against what he thought was the demon from before. Shendo batted the blade to one side, then slashed his own at the assassin, slicing him three times in the time it would take to blink. The assassin fell to the ground in four seperate pieces as Shendo cleaned his blade, sheathed it, and walked away, vapor rose from the rapidly spreading pool of crimson fluid. "Fear.. is the most powerful weapon of all..." he thought as he spread his wings, and flew home.

Alita watched out the window, wishing with all her heart that Shendo would be home soon, ignoring the part of her that told her to hate him for giving in to what the demon did, and hoping he hadn't been overconfident in his abilities. Noriku was even more worried, but chose to keep busy instead of standing around, she moved around the kitchen, making something for them to eat for dinner. Teranth sat where he could see both of them, his back to the wall, and his blade hanging loosely at his side, ready to be drawn at a moment's notice. "As crazy as he acted tonight... I can't help but feel that not only will Shendo return safely.. but that I should probably be feeling a little sorry for the assassin.." Teranth thought, all of his senses fully alert for anything out of the ordinary.

Shendo landed on the front porch of his home, and folded his wings before opening the door. Alita imediately ran over and threw her arms around him. He smiled, and embraced her tightly. "So.. did I make it back in time?" he asked her quietly, glancing toward the kitchen as Noriku set the plates on the table. Alita couldn't help but laugh at him as he picked her up, and moved toward the table. "Barely.." she whispered into his ear as they sat down to eat.

The following week passed too quickly for everyone in the house, but finally the day of their departure had arrived. Shendo and Alita stood in the front yard, waiting for the surprise that Teranth had promised them. Teranth stood in the garage, making a few final adjustments to the bike, though he knew that he was just prolonging the time he would say goodbye. Noriku came out of the house, and with tears in her eyes, she hugged Shendo, and then Alita. "Call me as soon as you get there... And please.. be careful.." Shendo smiled slightly, clearly one step away from tears himself. "Mom... I'll miss you... but don't worry, we will be careful.." Alita hugged Noriku tightly. "This has been one of the best weeks ever... I wish we didn't have to go.. but I know that my mom won't give up on finding me.. and I won't put you in danger anymore." Noriku smiled. "Having you here has been wonderful dear.. but all good things do come to an end eventually.. Take care of eachother. And don't hesitate to call if you need anything."

Teranth opened the garage door, and wheeled the motorbike out into the driveway, standing it up before moving toward his son. Shendo embraced his father tightly, and then stepped back. Teranth smiled up at his son. "Today is the day.. I want you to take the old bike with you.. I tuned her up as best I could. And I know she will get you where you are goin' if you take care of her." He placed the keys in Shendo's hand, and then moved to the side to stand in front of Alita. "Well little girl. You ready for the big world outside of the city?" Alita laughed. "I think the question is... Is the big world ready for me." She hugged him just as tightly as she had done with Noriku, surprising him a little, but he hugged her back. "Take care.. Both of you. No matter where you go.. know that you will always have a home here."

Alita and Shendo both nodded, slipping their sunglasses on, their trenchcoats already on their backs, though Shendo's had to be altered to accomodate his wings. "You ready kitten?" He asked, turning toward her. "Waitin on you darlin'." she said. Both of them nearly laughing as they climbed onto the bike. Rather than bringing a lot of stuff with them, they would carry enough money to buy what they needed once they arrived. Except for their weapons of course, Shendo had strapped his to his back, while Alita's were kept at her sides. Alita wrapped her arms around him from behind as he settled onto the front of the bike. "Lets ride.." he said as he started it up. Instead of the roaring of a standard engine, they heard a gentle purring sound as they started moving.

"Well, there they go...off to start their new lives..." Teranth said quietly as he put his arm around Noriku. Noriku sighed. "Did we do the right thing... sending them off like that..?" Teranth shook his head. "We will never know the answer to that... In my experience.. it is not whether something is right or wrong... but whether it works out or not that truly matters.." He sighed as he watched the bike go around the corner. "Things are going to get pretty dull around here without them..." Noriku squeezed his hand, and grinned up at him. "I'm sure we can find a way to keep things interesting.."

"How could she possibly have dissappeared? You were supposed to be looking for her in all of the areas she had been seen... You have plenty of men at your disposal, why didn't you find her?" Layla asked, strangely calm as she walked around her current batch of hunters. "I had such good recomendations for all of you. How is it you have falied me so terribly?" One of them stepped foreward from the group, a short young woman. "Please mistress Shendana. It seems we were given false infomation. We found no one matching the descriptions you gave us in any of the locations specified.. nor in any other locations inside the city.. We searched four miles out in every direction.. If she is anywhere near the city.. she has changed her appearance somehow..." "I don't have any need for your excuses fool! If she is not in the city, then you must go to all of those nearby as well. Find her, and bring her back to me!" The shorter woman nodded slightly to one of those at her side. Layla turned around to face the window. "I must say.. such incompetence is hardly going to look good for your future employment prospects..." The larger of the two men in the room rushed foreward, and slammed a small knife into the center of Layla's back. "Sorry, you pay well.. but we had a better offer. Man calls himself Brother Blood. Strange man, but his money's good." the three of them walked out of the room, leaving Layla's body for security to find.

Shendo and Alita arrived in the city without any incident. An event that left both of them feeling a little uneasy, but they relaxed soon enough. It has been a year now since they had arrived, though they still live together, and sleep in the same bed, they haven't ever gotten closer than that.

Shendo stepped out of the shower, a little worried about Alita, she hadn't returned from work yet. As he dried himself off, he thought. "She is probably out with that doctor again.. what is this.. the third date? fourth? Doesn't really matter... eventually she will get tired of him.. Or he will get tired of her.. She seems to drive all of them away except me.. but she won't let me get any closer either.." He knew that while he loved her, it was never going to be a more serious relationship. "Hell, any time I try to suggest it she finds another boyfriend.. at least I know none of them get any further than I do.." He realized he was being a bit unfair to her. While she had been living completely celibate, he had been going through 'special friends' fast enough that he could barely remember all of their names. "I can't help it... I go for awhile without one.. and then I just can't control myself... its either that.. or I would hurt her... At least this way everyone gets to enjoy it... and no one gets hurt.." He was a little embarrassed about having to feed that hunger, but he also realized that it could be much worse.

Alita sat across the restaurant table from the handsome young man who was her date, this was not the doctor Shendo had been thinking of, she had dumped that one a few days ago, this was a new man that she had met at work. "Alita.. you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met." he said, gazing into her eyes. Alita sighed. "Here we go.. another one trying to get in my pants on the first date.." "Simon.. I'm sorry, but I just don't think you are my type." She said as she stood up from the table. He stood up at the same time as she did. "What do you mean by that? All I said is that you are beautiful. you haven't even gotten to know me yet.." Alita turned away, and started walking toward the door. "Simon, you and I both know what you were thinking when you said that, don't even try to hide it."

Alita swung one leg over the motorbike they traveled on, Shendo let her use it for work since he could fly anywhere he needed to go. As she reached down to start it, she was hit from behind by a lead pipe, she fell to the ground, barely conscious enough to hear the man who had hit her say. "Bitch! Thought you could get off that easily? Nobody walks away from me like that!" Simon bent down to grab her by the shirt. "I'm gonna make you suffer bitch... No one can help you now." There was a soft thumping sound behind him as a dark figure landed. It spoke in a low, cold voice. "Step away from the girl. And you will live long enough to learn a lesson from this." Simon spun around. "Screw you man. She is mine!" Shendo laughed, then spoke again, the icy edge of his voice cutting through the warm night air. "She belongs to no one but herself.. This is your last warning.. Drop the weapon.. or die.." his eyes exploded in a bright flash of crimson light as the man backed away, stumbling over the garbage in the alleyway as he tried to run.

Alita stood up slowly, rubbing her head. "Out hunting again?" Shendo shook his head. "I was just getting out of the shower.. when I felt that you were in trouble.." Alita sighed. "I could have handled him.. You didn't have to come here." Shendo smiled slightly. "I know I didn't have to.. but I did.. and now you won't be in trouble for hurting him." Alita couldn't help but smile. She couldn't quite tell how she felt about him anymore, but she had to admire him. "I almost wish he wasn't so damn attractive... but as hard as I try.. I can't get over seeing him with that... thing... Damnit.. Do I still love him... did I ever love him.. Or have I just been playing with his feelings this whole time."

Shendo looked down at her. "Will you be alright.. or should I stay with you to make sure you make it home..?" Alita sighed. "I'm fine.. I'll see you back at the house.." "I know he has had plenty of lovers... but have they meant anything to him.. Do I mean anything to him... or is he protecting me because he feels like he owes me from our days at school..?" She shook her head as she climbed back onto the bike. "I know he feels bad for what he has to do.. But is that because he fucks them without any commitment to them... or because he feels like he is hurting me when he does it.."

Shendo took off toward the house, his eyes scanning the ground as he flew overhead. He could feel his hunger growing as he flew along, but decided that tonight was not a good night. He would hold off until the next day at least. "Maybe I should spend my time trying to find a more permanent arrangement... it would be easier if I didn't have to play these games... but.. I can't help myself.. I think I love Alita.. but she won't help me.. I know she would enjoy it.. but she said no.. and I will honor that... She doesn't understand what it is like... feeling this around her... I know this hunger of mine disgusts her... but I think part of her wishes she dared to give in to me... If only I could convince her..." He brushed that thought aside, and thought instead of where he would go to find his next "meal" "Maybe Learethanel was right.. everyone gives into their desires eventually... maybe I should just take her... even if she didn't want it at first.. she would enjoy it in the end.." He shook his head violently. "What are you thinking.. That is not the way you are... You made that promise to yourself when you first felt the hunger... no unwilling victims... Seduction of the innocent is one thing... but.. that is as far as I will ever go..." "Are you sure about that?" a strange voice said in his mind. It was a pleasant voice, but at the same time, it was colder than the one he used to frighten people into avoiding a fight.

"I can use a man of your abilities.. Come to me, and your appetites shall be filled any time you desire!" Shendo shook his head, and landed in front of his home. "Never... I won't do it... Get out of my head asshole.." He folded his wings against his back, and walked inside. To this day, he hasn't heard that voice in his mind again.

Another month passed. Shendo fed his hunger again, and again. Each of those he picked out was left with the memory of a wonderful night, but each memory differed in that they each remembered him differently. The young men he chose, usually saw him as a commanding presence, willing to please, and be pleased in turn. The young women usually saw him as a gentle soul, who comforted them even as he brought them to the peak of pleasure.

Sometimes he still cried about those people, for he usually never saw them again. He ran into one of them, a woman who looked more like a young girl of maybe thirteen years, just outside of his home. It was an awkward meeting, but he remembered it better than any other, not only did she welcome him back to her bed, but she even offered to see him again if he wanted. He told her. "Look for me by the light of the full moon tomorrow night. I will give you my answer then." but in his heart he knew that what his mind said was far more accurate. "Don't throw your life away on me... I may have been your first.. but I won't be your last.."

He and Alita decided they would go out together three nights after this, he had been with one person between now and then, and hadn't thought about this girl at all since then. It would not be a date, just a chance to hang out like they used to. He flew along above her as she drove the bike around town. Both looking for something they could do together. For the first time since it had started, Shendo could not feel his terrible hunger. "Maybe it is gone... Or I could just be having too much fun to notice it.." He was happier than he had been since the day they left his parent's home, and somehow, he knew that Alita felt the same.

Alita glanced up to see Shendo still flying above her. She smiled slightly before returning her eyes to the road "We arent even doing anything yet.. and already I am having more fun than all of the dates I have been on this year combined... I just wish I knew what that means.." She turned a sharp corner to avoid going into the downtown area. This night, they would try to avoid trouble if they could.

Alita parked the bike in front of the movie theater, she stayed on it for the moment though, she was just checking the sign. "Anything good playing?" she asked herself, though she hadn't really been paying attention to the movie trailers shown on TV, she had a pretty good idea of what she would like. "Not really.. but maybe we should go in anyway.. it would be a nice change."

Shendo circled her one last time, he saw something happening in the crowd in front of the theater, but couldn't see what it was. He finally decided not to worry about it, and landed next to Alita. "Anything you want to go see?" he asked, keeping one eye on the crowd.

Alita shook her head. "Not really but... what are you looking at?" Shendo watched as a single, seemingly young girl ran out of the crowd. She was carrying a small package, held tighly to her chest. He saw another young woman, this one wearing a cloak of some kind, and levitationg over them all, she followed the other girl, obviously in pursuit of her for some purpose. Shendo shook his head, but made no move to stop either of them at first. He couldn't see the features of the one in the air, but it was obvious that the one on the ground was afraid of something. "A fair chase... if the hunter catches her, then she is caught.." but as he thought that, several others burst from the crowd, one, a young man who had features like a bird. Another was green, and looked to have the form of a dinosaur. the Third of the group was a large, muscular sort of individual, but Shendo couldn't tell exactly what he looked like, most of his features were obscured by large metalic plates that looked to be attached to his body.

Alita watched the first girl run by, and stepped off of the bike quickly. Shendo glared at those pursuing the young girl. "Four to one... Hardly fair odds. Is this what this city is coming to?!" he roared as he stepped into their way. the one with the birdlike features tried to jump over him, and as he passed, he yelled out. "Titans, Go!" Shendo caught him by the ankle with one hand, and launched him toward the large metalic man. "If you want the girl, you'll have to go through me!" he growled, his wings spread wide, and his expression as cold as ever. The birdman landed on his feet in front of the large one. "We don't have time for this. Take him down!" he cried, pulling a long staff out of nowhere as he charged at Shendo. Alita stepped out from behind him and jumped toward the green animal, her foot caught him in the side of the head as she landed. "Too slow dear." she said, almost giggling as she danced back from the large one's fist.

Shendo drew his blade, at first playing an entirely defensive game with the smaller man. Catching each strike either with his sword, or with his free hand. "Stand down fools. There is no need for you to die this night." he said calmly. "The birdman is quick... gotta watch him..." he thought, nowhere near as calm as he tried to sound.

The young girl stopped running, silently cursing her would-be rescuer. "Damnit.. he can't be one of ours, or he wouldn't have screwed up our ambush.. Oh well.. I'll hide, and see how the 'heroes' do..." She disappeared from the streets entirely just as the cloaked woman flew overhead. She turned around to go help her friends, having lost the other girl for the moment.

Alita rolled to the side as the large man fired the blaster attached to his arm, she watched in horror as the beam sped directly for Shendo. Shendo shoved the birdman back just in time to catch the blast on his blade, it drove him back on the concrete, but otherwise he was unharmed. "The animal is still down.. the cloaked one is still out there somewhere... the birdman comes at me again. And the large one has his hands full with Alita... gotta watch these bastards closely.. no telling what they could be capable of.." He blocked a series of swipes from the birdman's staff as he planned his next move.

"Man who are these guys?" The large one said as he failed another attack against Alita. Alita danced back again, smiling slightly. "We could be asking you the same question handsome." she said. "Good god.. am I actually flirting with someone who is trying to beat the hell out of me.. I guess so... Ive never had this much fun in a fight before.."

"I don't know who they are, but they are in the way." the birdman said angrily, launching another series of attacks against Shendo. Shendo was losing patience with the birdman at this point. "He attacks so quickly.. but leaves no openings... Time to change the rules of this game." Shendo smiled slightly. "Such a lovely creature you are." he said, manuvering his way in closer. the birdman's movements faultered for just a moment, and Shendo took that oportunity to slam a fist into his stomach, sending him flying back a few feet. He then held out his hand toward him, summoning the dark flames that came so easily to him now as he turned them on the birdman.

The animal got slowly to its feet, changing in form to that of an elephant as it charged toward Shendo. Shendo took to the air, holding the flames on the birdman as he flipped over, and landed in nearly the exact space he had been standing in.

Alita ducked under another blow, rising up and delivering a hard kick to the underside of his shoulder before fliping back away from him. At first he seemed to ignore the blow, but sparks flew from the joint, and several wires poked through it as his arm fell limp at his side. Satisfied that she had disabled his blaster for the moment, Alita went back to the rest of the fight, turning her attention once again on the green animal.

the birdman lay helpless within the dark flames as Shendo walked toward him. "It has been fun birdman.. but I must finish it now.. Too bad.. you really are.. quite lovely.." he kept his attention focused on his current opponent, not wanting to underestimate him. the result of this was that he didn't see the one in the cloak return to the battle. Alita shouted a warning at him, he turned around just in time to be hit with a large truck encased in a strange black energy. Shendo went down in a heap to one side, his blade landing several feet away.

Alita swore under her breath, hoping that he would be alright, but knowing that she was on her own in this fight. She had been paying too much attention to what happened to Shendo, that she didnt see the green horse as it kicked her in the stomach. She landed near Shendo, and tried to push herself to her feet, but found a large metalic foot pressed against her chest.. "Finally caught me did you handsome?" she said calmly, though her mind was racing trying to figure a way out of this.

The birdman was slow to get to his feet, still feeling weak from the draining effect of the flames, but he was strong enough to stand, so he did so. He walked over to Alita, glaring down at her. "Who are you?!" he demanded in his usual commanding tone. Alita glared back at him. "I bet you would like to know wouldn't you featherhead." The cloaked woman landed nearby. "I lost her. Any idea who these two are?" she said in a voice that seemed calm despite the injuries to her friends.

"Take them into custody.. the police can deal with them.. We have to concentrate on finding their hideout so we can rescue Starfire." He turned around at that point, staring off down the street in silence. Darkness engulfed the group, and a deep, cold voice spoke out of it. "Another time Titans... another time.." When the darkness faded, Alita and Shendo were nowhere to be found.

Alita found herself in a strange room, with no memory of how she got there. "Where the hell am I?" she said aloud, not expecting a response. "You are safe for the moment Alita Shendana.. If you want to remain that way, you will listen to what we have to say.." she recognized the voice as the same one that had spoken out of the darkness back at the movie theater. "Where is Shendo?!" she demanded, glaring at the empty room. "His injuries are being tended at the moment, you can check on him later my dear.." Alita stood up as the wall in front of her opened up, a tall, handsome man with red hair stepped into the room. "We have been watching you for some time now... I have a proposition for you.. the same one that will be made to the young man you were with when he wakes up.." Alita glared at him. "What do you want with me?" the man smiled at her. "The ones who hurt both of you are known as The Teen Titans.. They seem to exist to cause trouble for us.. My offer is that you join our group. We can defeat them if we stick together."

Alita looked down. "And if I refuse?" The man looked at her. "Then we throw you back to the wolves.. The false law that is all this city knows." Alita smiled slightly. "I guess I don't have much choice in the matter.. For what its worth. I accept your offer.." the man turned around. "We will get your dormitory set up for you.." as he walked out of the room, Alita took a step toward him. "Wait... Who are you?" The man turned back to her for a moment. "I am known as Brother Blood.. Remember the name well young Alita.." Alita sat back down on the bed, her entire body ached, but she didnt seem to have any serious injuries.

Shendo opened his eyes slowly, he felt horrible, but angry at the same time. He found that he couldn't move, someone had strapped him to a bed in a strange room. "Please don't try to move young sir.. You will aggravate your injuries further." a sweet voice said from somewhere to his left. "Where am I..?" Shendo asked. "You are in The Hive infirmary.. please.. remain still, I am going to remove your restaints now." the voice said . he felt it closer this time, but he obeyed it for the time being. He hurt enough just sitting there that he didn't want to even think of trying to move.

Shendo head a strange sliding noise somewhere to his right, and say a long shadow enter the room. "How is the patient?" a strange voice asked. Shendo could tell that whoever the first voice belonged to was moving toward the second. "Cracked ribs, a concussion.. and ten times the usual teenage stubborn streak. He mends quickly.. should only be a few days before he is on his feet again." the sweet voice replied. "Very well, go tend to your other patients. I will be done in a moment." He felt the second figure come up closer to him. "What do you want.. Don't think I don't recognize your voice.. You've been speaking into my mind for much of the past year.." Shendo said calmly. Brother blood stood over him. "I have a proposition for you young Shendo.. You and that too lovely girl with you took on the Teen Titans on your own.. and if you hadn't underestimated them, you may have won." Somehow, Shendo sensed a smile from the figure next to him. "I want you to join us.. Your strength added to ours will bring them to their knees." Shendo stared up at the ceiling, then closed his eyes. "What do I get out of this?"

Brother Blood leaned over so Shendo would see his face upon opening his eyes. "I know the hunger that ravages you.. I know how you can feed it.. without having to search for a willing man or woman.. There are many here who often engage in such pleasures. Just being around that should help hold off your hunger. And just as they engage in such things with eachother. I am certain that there will be at least one that will do so with you." Shendo forced himself not to laugh, knowing how much it would hurt. "You seem to know much about me.. but tell me. If you lack the strength to defeat the Teen Titans on your own.. What good will it do me to join up with you? I would have finished the birdman off if that cloaked bitch hadn't come back. The rest would have fallen soon after.. Those two are their strongest by my estimation." Brother blood leaned down close to him, whispering in his ear. "Havent you wondered what it was like to belong to something... to feel like you can leave your home without being stared at? We can give you that.. All you have to do is join us.."

Shendo turned his head to the side. "Where is Alita?" Brother Blood stood back up. "She is in a room next to yours.. As soon as her new quarters are ready, she will be given free run of our facility. She has already accepted our offer you see.." he turned his back on Shendo, walking toward the exit. "What will it be.. Join us.. or spend the rest of your life feeling hunted.. and being the hunter.. All the while, people you have come to care about will be in danger." He turned around again, taking an object from the nurse as he moved. "Before you answer.. I offer you a small token of our good will.. Something to show our sincerity.. I believe this belongs to you." he said, holding Shendo's sword over him as he lay in the bed. Shendo turned his head back to stare at him, one hand grasping the hilt of his sword. "I... I accept your offer..." "I thought so.. Now get some rest. I believe the girl will be in here to check on you later.." Shendo lay back against his pillows, smiling to himself, and holding the blade across his chest. "So.. that was the infamous Brother Blood... He does have a way with words.. but I don't trust him.. I'll stay because Alita has chosen to follow these people.. and it will be my best chance to get back at those fools.." He fell asleep again in a matter of moments, the first time in over a year that he had fallen asleep without someone else in his bed.

Alita stared at the wall for a few more minutes, then got tired of sitting there, and walked over to it. To her surprise, it opened in front of her, and a young woman in a nurses uniform stood on the other side. "Your friend is doing better. I have been instructed to take you to see him if you would like." Alita looked at her. "I would like that. And cut the sweet act hun. It don't suit you at all." The young woman shrugged, her form shifting to that of a humanoid tiger. "I didn't think it would fool you little one. Now come along. Maybe he will be awake for you."

Alita followed the muscular female to another room. As the wall opened in front of her, she ran through it after seeing Shendo laying on the bed inside. He opened one eye slowly upon hearing them enter. "Hey there kitten... you feeling better?" he said quietly. Alita moved to embrace him, but her arm was caught by the other woman in the room. "I wouldn't.. unless you wish to hurt him further.." she whispered. Alita moved closer again, smiling slightly. "I'm fine... but you arent..." Shendo chuckled weakly. "I know... I think that is the last time I'm gonna let anyone hit me with a truck..." Alita laughed, though in truth she felt more like crying. "I should have seen that bitch earlier... then she wouldn't have had a chance to hit you at all.." Shendo pressed a finger against her lips, ignoring the pain he felt at moving even this slight amount. "It isn't your fault.. I didn't see her either. and you did warn me in time for me to try to lessen the impact a bit... I don't know if it worked or not though.."

Alita stood up straighter. "I should go... you need rest..." She turned to walk away, but stopped when she felt his hand on her own. "Alita.. Be careful...I can tell that there are some in this place with worse appetites than my own... and they do not care how the feed them..." Alita smiled at him. "I'll be careful.. but you know I can take care of myself.."

Shendo smiled at her. "I know you can.. That is why I only ask that you be careful.. I should be fine in a few days.. try to find out some more about this place.. Where things are at least.." Alita nodded as he took his hand away from her's. "I'll see what I can do... rest now.." As she left, Shendo turned his head to the side, smiling slightly as he saw that not only was his sword still on the table where he had left it, but his clothes had been cleaned, and set next to it. "Maybe they can be trusted... Or maybe they are just trying to get me completely on their side.."

Alita returned to the room she had been in, still feeling more like a prisoner inside of it, but it was all she had at the moment. She lay back on the bed, her hands behind her head as she looked up at the ceiling. "Shendo is a little paranoid... but he is right.. there is something odd about this place.. and the people in it.."

Later that night, the nurse returned to her room, and led her toward the main section of what she now knew was a school of sorts. She followed eagerly, memorizing each of the turns they made so she could find her way around again later. "Your room is just down this way. All of your things from your old home have been retrieved, and placed inside.. Its up to you to unpack them all." the nurse said as they came to a long hallway. She stopped in front of a door and smiled. "Here is your new home dear.. Welcome to The HIVE."
The OCA