Join our server on Discord

It's a comfort to know his intentions are good
Ah, my 3500th post...

This is most likely the last Digimon story I'll ever write, and it's barely a Digimon story. It's not written in prose (it looks better on the page). This is intended for anyone who is familiar with Frontier, but it's also intended for general audiences. I won't post all of the chapters right now, but I'll post a few to get you interested. Please review (I don't know about this one)!

In 5,999 words, this is a poetic summary of everything I intended since 2003. I bring to you:

[color=black]Sunbeam for a Subway

0. The Intention

This started as a piece of fan fiction.
Then I decided to make it into a piece of innuendo stanzaic fiction
intended for general audiences.

This story is laced with influences from
popular mythology, reputed novels, modern politics, imported cartoons,
and perhaps unsurprisingly, my personal life.

1. The Frontier

We were stranded in a world that almost seemed like Earth,
but we knew it couldn
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Very interesting. And I can tell you wrote it since it's good. I can tell who's who mostly. Nice work.
I'm afraid I read it too much as fan fiction, and kept thinking in terms of "That wasn't in the series... wasp?"

However, as a peice of original fiction, it's good, very Lord of the Flies. I can't help but recoil at the thought of the murder, as I was still thinking in terms of the series. I did, however become slightly confused for a moment, thinking for a brief period that the twin and the leader were going into the woods and kissing. That's probably becuasee I skipped a word or two, or something, though.

I always enjoy your reflections: that a girl should find fat replusive when she doesn't seem to treat the murder of a guy with a single flinch against her new partner is high on my list of "disturbing".
Yeah the frontier cast may be disturbing when done by wise. But it's no weirder then some other authors.
Quote:However, as a peice of original fiction, it's good, very Lord of the Flies.
That's exactly what I had in mind, or at least, one of the influences. If you're disturbed now, just wait...

Here's the next few chapters:

[color=black]4. The Antagonist

We woke up late and reversed through the woods.
The optimist and the pragmatist weren
I know that you saw me.
You know, I don't say this enough but you are good at this. Very good.
I realize it's hard to care. Hell, some of the authors who have submitted stuff lately have made me shake my head and give up after three minutes. Nonetheless, I'm going to post the next few verses of this story. Eventually, I'll submit it. I like this innuendo Frontier story, even if it might be a little too artsy for the average fan. The next few verses are the "sex scene." Yeah, maybe that will pique your interest.

7. The Romanticist

At the time, perhaps I had an inkling of my deepest desire,
but the romanticist stepped in front of me and broke the antagonist
I know that you saw me.
That was pretty good. Like the other part of it. But what/who was that enemy going to be? You never finished the series.
Quote:That was pretty good. Like the other part of it. But what/who was that enemy going to be? You never finished the series.
That's not the end of the story. The other enemy is the D-Reaper. Not to give too much away, but in my allegory, the D-Reaper is appropriately called the nihilist. I'll post the rest later.
I know that you saw me.
It's your Alternate Ending series, Wise. I almost thought it might be new until the opportunist tried to kill the hedonist. Then I knew you were just recycling your old story. And then you follow into Death of Seasons: Shadow of the Sun. Certainly nothing new.