Join our server on Discord

Dynasty Warriors
And here I am to talk about one game series that I love so much. Dynasty Warriors are my second series of games to be exact and they sure have lots of games released already and more will come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dynasty Warriors ( 真・三國無双:Shin Sangokumusou in Japan; literally meaning "True - Unrivaled (in the) Three Kingdoms") is a series of video games created by Koei based loosely around the Romance of the Three Kingdoms epic.

The first Dynasty Warriors was a fairly traditional fighting game, released in 1997 on the PlayStation. Play style was more reminiscent of Tekken or Soul Edge.

The next game was released in Japan as 'Shin (True) Sangokumusou'. This game was released in other countries as Dynasty Warriors 2, leading to the discrepancy in title numbers. From this game onward, the player chooses a playable character general, and plays through a number of levels representing particular conflicts in the time of the three kingdoms, eventually defeating both of the other kingdoms and becoming the ruler of a unified China. In this mode, known as Musou Mode, the generals are usually chosen from one of the three kingdoms (Wu, Shu or Wei)

Both Dynasty Warriors 3 and Dynasty Warriors 5 have individual Musou Modes for each character. Dynasty Warriors 4 has a single Musou Mode for an entire Kingdom. For example, all characters aligned with Wu play through Wu's Musou Mode. This allows the player to choose from among different Wu generals throughout the story.

The stages are presented in a third-person view, with the camera set behind the player as they engage the enemy forces. Each scenario can have different win/loss conditions, although the player's own death invariably leads to the game over screen. Less common loss scenarios usually involve the death of the player's superior officer, the loss of a critical ally or fortification, or the escape of an enemy leader. The generals in Dynasty Warriors have relatively superhuman abilities and can send enemy soldiers flying through the air with a blow, if not killing them instantly. Certain generals can fire magical projectiles or pound the ground to create massive shockwaves.

Dynasty Warriors 5 introduced a relatively more realistic Musou mode. Instead of fighting in the entire set of their kingdom's events, the generals participate in battles they would have been alive for. The generals therefore start out at different points in time, and some generals will never encounter one another. In between stages are dramatic scenes in which the general will discuss the battles and their feelings on what is happening. This gives the game more of a personal view as well as keeping the player up to date with what has happened in the story. Dynasty Warriors 5 also deviates from the goal of unifying China. Not all characters are interested in conquest, and a general's Musou mode may end just after their kingdom is established instead of after the last rival kingdom is defeated.

[Image: screen01.jpg]
Dynasty Warriors 3

[Image: 60160-4-large.jpg]
Dynasty Warriors 4

[Image: dynasty-warriors-5-20050302103151354.jpg]
Dynasty Warriors 5
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
The one that I remembered the most was Dynasty Warriors 4. Mainly because you can create your own character give him a greatsword and push him through all the different Musou Modes. ^.^ I'm proud to say I have gotten all the upgrades to his sword and levels that I can get out of him...he kicks lots of ares :P I'll have to try Dynasty Warriors 5 still though.
The OCA
Unfortunately for me.. I never got the chance to have tried Dynasty Warriors 4... I only have Dynasty Warriors 3 and 5. and so far I have to admit Dynasty Warriors 3 is much better than 5 xD... in my opinion.

I have accomplished much more things on DW3...lol. I have almost completely passed musou mode with Zhou Yu from Wu kingdom. Yet it's amazing one thing... even though most of my fav chars are from Wu Kingdom.. I am a Shu Loyalist nonetheless.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Tisk tisk! Cite your sources!!
I've only played DW5 and it was pretty fun in my opinion for a hack and slash style game, though I will say it really sucked trying to get Zhang Jou's ultimate weapon considering the guy's a complete wuss.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
To be honest... I don't even remember who is Zhang Jou... he is from which Kingdom?
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Ugh, I misspelled it, I meant Zhang Jiao, the leader of the Yellow Turbans. I found him to be very weak and in the mission where you can get his best weapon, the requirements for it to appear are a real pain. I guess its a good challenge though. *shrugs*
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
ahh got it.. I have to admit that I never played with Yellow Turbans.. I usually choose Zhao Yun from Shu or Lu Xun from Wu
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Hmm, I like using Ma Chao and Sun Shang Xiang myself.

Crimson: I fight in the name of justice!

Lu Bu: *currently on Chaos Difficulty* Humph, time to start shattering skulls! *blasts Crimson with Musou Rage*

Crimson: *internally bleeding* Damnit, where are my reinforcements?!

Zorromon: *busy drinking wine at the gate* Huh, was I supposed to doing something?
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Yoosei: :shock:

Zhang He: aww that was not nice from you Lu Bu
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions