Join our server on Discord

Poll: Which should I do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other series
20.00%
1 20.00%
Digimons
60.00%
3 60.00%
Originals
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

My dilemma of lemon writing.
I'm torn apart as far as writing wise goes. I've loved writing stories ever since I've been a kid and I've always listened what people have said about my writings. People such as Nate Hunter have told me that I should instead of Digimons write about something I was more familiar with, such as Evangelion. When I wrote about Evangelion (a series I've seen from beginning to end over 6 times, so I think I can safely say I capture the characters well) it was practically shunned down because almost no one around here have seen it. So, I suck it up and go and study Digimons instead. After much background search and actually, studying Digimon I am told I still write people out of character. Well that settles it then, unless I somehow can get hold of the actual episodes I'll forever remain oblivious to the series.

So basically what I'm saying is as writing is my passion I'm facing with one of these three options;

1) Disregard the whining of my OOCsness and continue to do the lemons, thus ensuring that no one reads them which is total bummer. The good thing is, I could for sure upload these ones.

2) Start writing about series I know of and which only 2% of the forum knows of. May not be uploaded unless somehow has Digimons or something similar in it.

3) Start writing original lemons again. And while I have nothing against the idea, there's not bee a single original lemon since past September posted on the site and it's the least active of the story related sections. Also, there's the whole silly issue that I probably shouldn't upload these.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
digimon lemons seem simple enough to write. heck, i came up with my entire "Life of Guilmon" series in like, a week. and i already have 4 9+ page lemons on it.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Angewomon's_Lover Wrote:digimon lemons seem simple enough to write. heck, i came up with my entire "Life of Guilmon" series in like, a week. and i already have 4 9+ page lemons on it.

Have you captured those characters perfectly, then? That's what you need to ask yourself; you didn't compete in a Author of The Month with it and get very bad marks....

I'd say original, Big T. Until you are sure about a Digimon Lemon again, it's all you can do, really....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
You know you don't have to post it here. You can post it in some other places. And I have seen the series. Just not any movies. Have you read that ReTake Dojin that's unofficial but really good? I am right now.
I've heard stories of that Doujin but I never did get a chance to read it. As for other places, I kind of like it here. I've been here for a long time so I don't think I should leave now and instead I should come to a compromise.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
If you look in the intreoductions forum, there's links to Digimon episodes.

Keep on writing. English is your third language, and it's a huge achievement to be able to write choerent stories in a third tongue. Although I'd suggest that you try to study poetic devices in Englsih Litrature to widen the tools at your disposal.
I don't mean leave I mean post the fics somewhere else. And I can get you the retake dojin every monday. Plus a third language is hard. Some people still can't get their first one down. ha ha ha
Remember, authors don't always write things they necessarily agree with, or even necessarily like.* You can expand your style by trying new types of stories, and adjusting the levels of detail you use. Your stories are typically quite sadistic and twisted to the mainstream of human society, so maybe you could try writing something more... neutral.

I have written things I dislike or disagree with, or even both at once. Digi-Slutz is a story that while I like part of the subject matter (hypnosis) I generally dislike incest (excluding twins involved with a threesome), and certainly disagree with forcing it in any way. Likewise, "Load This!", my GuilRena rape fic, is subject matter I strongly dislike (although in the context of Digimon society, rape may be an acceptable situation, in most human societies, it is not). Fiction may write about false people -- but within their world, they must be real. If you cannot make your characters true to their world, you are not putting in enough effort.

I am fairly well acquainted with the Evangelion anime (not manga or movies), but I don't feel comfortable writing fanfic for the series because I am uncomfortable with writing for it. On the other hand, I was writing Digimon Tamers (Season 3) fanfic within a few episodes of the dub.

* Yes, authors tend to write subject matter they enjoy, especially in the area of sexual content, but it's not a universal.