Join our server on Discord

I am a slave to a little blinking light...
Okay, let's set the wayback machine for about 18 months ago, I move into a new home and my mom sets us up with DSL. For the first time in my life I have access to high speed internet and with the exception of a few isolated incidents it was very sweet. Now fast forward a year later...

My family is on it's feet once more and we move once again into the home once occupied by my Great-Grandmother who passed away last May. I set up our DSL and then the problems begin. At first, it was going extremely slow, just above dial-up speeds, then it gets back to normal for a bit, then it stops working entirely. You see, on my modem is a little LED which is on when it's connection is active, when it is not active, I have no connection, and thus no internet access. Just after I moved in, that light went out, never coming on for more than a few minutes to a couple hours, for THREE STRAIGHT WEEKS.

Everyone was pissed off, I use the internet to surf, check email, and play games, my Mom uses it to check email, surf, and pay bills, my bro simply checks email and surfs. Without the internet, we're basically fucked. Now, recently, after a few months of smooth sailing, it starts screwing up again never being on for more than a night before going out in the morning from anywhere from two minutes to two days. Finally, we have been frustrated to the point of dumping our DSL altogether and getting cable, I'm tired of being fucking jerked around and teased by this, we all are.

The reasons for this probably include the fact that we live in an old part of town where the phone/dsl company concentrates more on the new subdivisions that sprouted up recently more than houses that've been here longer than the dirt they sit on. We call the company and they say we're not connected, there has to be something coming loose and failing outside the house since everything is hooked up correctly inside. In conclusion I felt the need to share this with you while I have a working connection for the moment, it could go out again right now, this morning, or next week, for 5 seconds, five hours, or five days. Hopefully, when we switch to cable in the (hopefully very) near future, these problems will end.
Go ahead and get that cable then. My DSL never gives me such problems though. Were you near any mountains?
Renamon's Army
Nope, Indiana, Crossroads of America, the closest mountains are a few hundred miles away at least.