Join our server on Discord

why no blood in anime?
why no blodo in anime/cartoons?

Example:
Digimon Savers. The human got punched, fell down, but no blood dripped out from mouth...no teeth were loosen...

Barnyard. The cow fought until he died. But no blood. No scratched. No wound. He just died with a clean body although he fought for a while.

Barnyard. The donkey kicked the human so hard until he fainted. But the human didn't vomit blood...

Pokemon also same...

:D

Until now...I only saw blood in Street Fighters anime.
[Image: Renamon2.jpg]
If you're watching a dubbed version, chances are a lot of the violence is tamed down so children can watch it. For example, Dragon Ball Z is insanely violent and bloody in Japan, but in North America, it's quite tame, despite the constant fighting.

Some anime are just less violent than others. No other explanation besides that, I guess.
Yeah the dubbed one's are really edited.

Japanese Naruto: *Kiba hits the floor his head rises up and he coughs up a large amount of blood*

American Naruto: *Kiba hits the floor his head rises up and he coughs. No blood comes out*

Kinda sucks.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
If blood is needed then it's there. We tend to tone it down a little but it varies by company to company. And if anyone says the naruto or any dub on adult swim is bad with out actual reasons and proof then I'll summon the monkey king and hit you ever the head with his staff form.
Oh I see... :shock:
[Image: Renamon2.jpg]
Or you can also choose to watch OVAs.

I was impressed, my friend caught episodes of Samurai X, which I saw when I was little, the guy killed and all, there was blood. But in the OVA: Runirou Kenshin, they even showed how the bodies split in two while the blade of the sword passed through them.

About the DBZ thing, it seems Lord Patamon was right to me when he told me that the Mexican dubs that also come to Argentina aren't tamed down as the ones that go to USA and such; hehe, I remember seeing how Babidi's body split into two when he was broken in half, and also how his head exploded after Majin Bu punched it.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
So you want blood in animes? Watch Evangelion, Hellsing, and Elfen Lied instead of the ones you look at now. Hell, even comical ones like Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemi add small ammounts of blood. It's because they're not exactly meant for children. Of all the series I mentioned, Evangelion is no doubt the sickest as you can see from this small screenie. (Contains minor spoiler)

http://evangelion.gemz.org/images/end-of...eva020.jpg
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Not you floramon. You seem to really want to know why.
But yes, Eva is violent sometimes. One scene from the series made me even think it was almost too much.
UnknownH Wrote:If blood is needed then it's there. We tend to tone it down a little but it varies by company to company. And if anyone says the naruto or any dub on adult swim is bad with out actual reasons and proof then I'll summon the monkey king and hit you ever the head with his staff form.

No one's saying the anime is bad. They're saying the Dubbers are a little extreme about it. And go ahead and summon the monkey kind *Cocks shotgun* I need a new gorrila paw ashtray.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
UnknownH Wrote:But yes, Eva is violent sometimes. One scene from the series made me even think it was almost too much.

Let me guess, Eva 03 versus Eva 01?
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you