Join our server on Discord

Does anyone smell something burning?
*puts his tail out after blowing up stuff*

Well, one and all, I have lived a teenage anarchist's wet dream: I have located my father's stash of firecrackers and other such things that go 'bang'.

But alas, imagine my disappointment when I set them all off. Now I have nothing else to play with...

Or do I? Thanks to the lovely, intelligent people at the PyroGuide, the amateur pyrotechnician's Wiki, I have the knowledge to get the resources to start constructing my own amateur firecrackers.

And before you ask: Yes, what I am doing IS legal, because I am create low-class or 'display' explosives. (i.e. nothing with any major explosive force; just incendiary properties) Laws in Canada seem to pertain specifically to the sale and detonation of fireworks, but not so much on their construction. Go figure. :P

I have just finished testing my touchpaper and I am happy to say that it is burning quite merrily, and will go a long way to helping me test my flashpowder once I get all the materials I need.

Anyone else here experience the joys of pyrotechnics? :P
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
All I can say is be careful.. and have fun :D
Veemon's Followers
Actually yes. I found that by filling my super soaker with wind shield washing fluid and duct taping a flame at the nozzel I can create a flamethrower. McGuyver eat your heart out.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I will.

My father actually dabbled in theatrical pyrotechnics while he was in college, trying to decide what to do. Thanks to him, I have access to some of the materials I need, but more importantly, the information I need to prevent accidental burns and detonations.

i.e. how to prevent static, exess friction and heat, and so on. Latex gloves actually solve most, if not all of these problems. ^^; Which I have a steady supply of.

The only thing I'm not allowed to build is the ever popular, extremely illegal, infamous M-80. :P

EDIT: lol Shadowknight. I should try that sometime when I have a spare supersoaker
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Quote:Actually yes. I found that by filling my super soaker with wind shield washing fluid and duct taping a flame at the nozzel I can create a flamethrower. McGuyver eat your heart out.
Windshield washing fluid? What about kerosene or turpentine?

I've never made fireworks. I believe destruction should have a purpose.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
o.O;

It does have a purpose: Entertainment ^^
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Whatever you do make sure to tape it. Like those kids who blew up a washing machine.
I'll try, but I'm not sure how much blasting power firecrackers have...

Well, there is that scary snowman in the neighbour's yard... Twisted
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
ProTip: Find a frog with a loose anus.
Thats Mean!!! :(
Veemon's Followers