Join our server on Discord

"Contest": The greatest challengers to mankind.
Here's a "contest" where everyone can participate...unfortunately. As a certain theory says, inanimate objects have rebelled against humankind, to get us to our knees, and ultimately defeat us. Those objects that supposedly have no life, but they act as if they did, and were hostile to humankind. It's easy: Tell about the greatest junk you've had.

In my case, here are my contestants:
-A correction pen whose contents started thickening almost immediately, and clogged for good about five hours after I bought it. It was useful only for correcting about four pages.

-Most Bic biros I've had stopped working after a few lines. I also have a handful of Chinese pens that are able to write about a line and then they stop. But if you grab them the next day again, they write another line. However, if you leave them ten days alone, they will write one line alone as well. (Must be an ancient Chinese spell).

-A digital diary that was completely thrashed. It never worked; it had to be exchanged. All it did was to display a whole lot of crazy numbers that blinked, but didn't change no matter what button you pushed.

-An electronic piano with the same traits as the digital diary.

-An incredible offer of glue pens from a shop that was closing...with a twist. I bought lots of them, and delayed a lot to open the blue capped ones, mostly because I don't like the color. And...surprise! All the blue capped ones had been opened, and part of what they had inside was water. Of course, there was no more shop to go and complain.

-An university bag whose handles broke the third time I wore it. Inspecting it, I realized it was sewn with a single file of thread. Now that I've had that experience, I check the sewing in every bag I'm interested in buying....only to discover that all of them share the same disposition. What good is a double sewn bottom when the handles get ripped off?

-A lovely, small black T-shirt with Japanese letters, whose armpits became gray the first time I wore it, light gray the third, and broke (both) the fifth. I still think of cutting the beautiful letters and sew it somewhere else, but the T-shirt itself is impossible to mend.

And now, please introduce your own contestants.
Bad Religion's "80-85" (I didn't know they remastered every song into the "How Could Hell Be Any Worse?" CD).

Playmates Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures (almost no articulation).

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for Sega Game Gear.

I've got plenty of other junk.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
A manikin key chain that has very little articulation so its useless as a manikin.
Blaze of Glory Wrote:-Most Bic biros I've had stopped working after a few lines. I also have a handful of Chinese pens that are able to write about a line and then they stop. But if you grab them the next day again, they write another line. However, if you leave them ten days alone, they will write one line alone as well. (Must be an ancient Chinese spell).

Damn biros. I use a fountain pen to avoid that sort of thing. It runs out of ink every few days, but I've got a bottle, as WH Smith ran out of the cartrages. Sadly, the other day, the little clip on the lid breoke off. Then the thing that held it on snapped, as well.

Every copy of The Sims, ever, conspires to destroy me.
Wire hangers. Those things are the devil. They multiply like rabbits. You can leave just two in a closet and come back a week later to find your closet absolutely bristling with them. It's ridiculous!

Also, extension cords. Regardless of how neatly and carefully you put them away, they'll be a mass of tangles and knots when you next try to use them.
I don't see what's wrong with multiplying hangers... but I digress

Pens, yeah, that's happened to me a few times, but I never really bothered to check the names. A couple I've used wouldn't work on the paper as I wrote, but only when I scribbled. These days, I mostly buy middle ranged priced pens and hope for the best.

I got this one electronic date/clock thing, and I can't have it work unless I leave the battery lid off. For some reason, it just blocks up.

Oh, I bought a Godzilla... action figure thing. I didn't care much for Godzilla, but I thought it would be cool to have. Well, it requried some assembly, just the limbs. Not only did the left leg of the one I bought defective, but the whole stack. I didn't try, but three was good enough for me. It was the first time I ever returned something.
A feather filled pillow. I'll explain:

Don't ask me how, but the said pillow was outside, in my yard. I was about 150 yards up the street playing basketball, when my friend Blake said: "(my name here), is that snow in your yard?" Well, a very large amount of my yard was white. (My dogs must have gotten to it.)

Anyway, here is where it ticked me off. I raked all of the feathers back into a pile, and decided to just use the empty pillow as a trash bag. After filling the pillow, (completely stuffed) I noticed that there was still a huge pile of feathers on the ground. :?

All in all, I ended up using two 30 gallon trash bags, as well as the pillow to bag up all of the feathers. I really don't understand this one...
This was yesterday, mid-afternoon by the way.
Renamon's Army
Well.. there is this bookshelf at my grandma's that always tries to tip over on me
The dry erasable board that needs to be wet and squeejyed clean to only leave marks and decides to fall off my door when it likes too ! ^^
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
oooh oooh! I can win this one hands-down.

My Dell Ispiron 1000. The lovely little thing worked for a grand total of 72 hours before steadily losing healthy operation to what I like to call 'Computer Cancer'.

The cooling system slowly, day-by-day, broke down until the computer shorted out one power cord, and melted another.

I have since exchanged this computer for a shiny new Inspiron B120, which has a 250% less suck.

Turrah folks.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA