Join our server on Discord

Am I becoming a work-a-holic?
Can't believe of all people it's happening to me if it is.

I don't know why, but since I started working, I just can't stay dull or inactive for a second even. That's totally opposite, I've been complaining about doing things my whole life as a lazy ass. Yet in these weeks, I've been most servicial about everything, from morning to dusk, I do all the tasks I shouldn't be doing normally.
My normal activities are: Adding commands, being the clerk (When my supervisor isn't here) and counting money. But again, from the opening, to the DAY's close, I'm constantly doing others' jobs because I can't stay not doing anything.

People who chat with me through YIM may know that I take awful amounts of time, comparing to here, there, that's because I sit down to input commands only. If not, I'm at the kitchen moving the heavy things, or helping the waitresses to clean. At the morning I help the tent guys with the parasols, weights and tables, glasses and crystals. The only thing I think I haven't done yet is helping the SPA people! Lol.

Anyway, do you think that this 'I can't stay sitting without working' thing is symptom of being a work-a-holic? Do you think it's wrong?
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
No it means that you got a dam good work ethic. Now if you took your work home with you then you might have problem then.
[Image: dragonimage_76557_72430_pixel.gif]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
I have to agree (though work ethic is NOT in my vocabulary I would have said "you do a good job")

keep up the good work!
I remember when it happened to me. It's a good thing. Others might not always see it that way, but it'll get you through all sorts of staggering challenges.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Really? How so?
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
It is a very good thing. If you keep working very hard then you might get promoted or they might give you a bonus
You're not becoming a work-a-holic. Take it from me, it's just you're 'not being able to sit and not work' trait thing. Only if you find work to come with you at nights, that's what work-a-holic starts to be.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Maybe it's the first time you actually feel inside of you that you're being helpful and needed, and that drives you to work more because it's satisfying. Workaholics tend to think that they never do enough, and they don't usually enjoy what they do, because they're just being escapists.
You could be like me and just keep busy to help time go by faster. I've found that if I keep busy on the job, the day doesn't crawl by.
aguy Wrote:It is a very good thing. If you keep working very hard then you might get promoted or they might give you a bonus

Hey! This might actually sound quite good for me- never thought about it!

Blaze of Glory Wrote:Maybe it's the first time you actually feel inside of you that you're being helpful and needed, and that drives you to work more because it's satisfying.

I dunno if satisfying, but I feel needed there, hehe.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad