Join our server on Discord

Digimon family traits
Do you think digimon gain traits from their parents the way human children do? And do you think a baby digimon will grow up into the rookie form of one of its parents' forms or is their final rookie form up in the air?
Mmm good question.

I would think that yes, they would inherit traits from their parents.

I mean, how would new digimon species pop up if they weren't 'socializing' in the proverbial gene-pool? :P
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Well, we know digimon have genders(or have gender like definitions I.E. look like male or female) and we know they don't actually do it (The H-community likes to think that though) so offspring with them is determined with data.
So that is completely possible.
Well look at Takato as I get it hes the parents of Guilmon and Guilmon is as naive (maybe even more naive) as Takato.
No that's learned behavior of a partner. That's a little different.
I asked this because most of the Digimon World Games and even the Digimon Card game seem to suggest that digimon don't exactly follow the same digivolution sequence you'd expect (a Koromon might not necessarily become an Agumon, or a Gatomon might digivolve into a Swanmon rather than an Angewomon).

Quote:and we know they don't actually do it

Just out of curiosity, how did you come to that conclusion?

Quote:Well look at Takato as I get it hes the parents of Guilmon and Guilmon is as naive (maybe even more naive) as Takato.

What I'm referring to is, for example, would the offspring of a Gatomon and a Veemon be either a Gatomon or a Veemon or would it become something totally different.
Read this page. http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=1994.30
Fact is that Digimon can reproduce through matching, but that works no matter if both are of different "genders". Ofcourse there are also those who change their Gender during Evolution.

I
Well it may differ from each Digimon \"Universe\"

I know in Frontier there was the Burgemon family with a husband, wife and the Torikaraballmon children. This would infer that their was some sort of sexual reproduction because how would families be formed without it?

But anyways there may not be a direct answer.
Gogglehead (I feel like Rika right now), did you watch the entire season 4? If you did you apparently forgot about Storkmon... or whatever it's name was, but there was a digimon who oversaw the digimon tree where all of the egss came from. After the eggs hatched and grew up some they were sent off by railmon. That was the system, more or less.

There really is no strong hint of reproduction in digimon. Most of the time their data is just reformed.