Join our server on Discord

It's like an infectous disease...
So apparently reusing the same design for 3 generations and swapping out the rumble feature for a Nintendo rip off feature garners Sony's Sixasix controller an emmy.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/753/753549p1.html

So Sony takes no risks in designing this controller, where as Nintendo steps out and introduces a truly interesting product and Sony gets the goods...it's sick man.

I think it's great that I've seen PS3's all over the place in my town and I can't find a Wii for the life of me. I went into Gamestop:

"Do you have any Wii's?"
"No, man, I got some PS3's."
"Well, I don't want one of those" (with a laugh)
"Yeah me either...no one seems to, can't keep the Wii's in stock, and can't get rid of these."

I love it. I can honestly say I haven't heard a good thing about the PS3 except "OMFG it's graphics are so good!" Yeah that's nice, too bad the games are 100% average from what I've heard.

I want the new Zelda and a Wii, I heard that game is simply amazing.

And as for how amazing the PS3's graphics are, I've got Gears of War on 360, that game is amazing, especially online, and looks so very sweet that it brings a tear to my eye. But the important part is that the game is amazing...And that is what gaming is about, the game being good, graphics are just icing on the cake.
Yeah, sony really just messed up but maybe it'll be better later in the year.
Maybe.
Okay, so Sony ripped off Nintendo and got the credit. Isn't that the same thing Nintendo did to Sega repeatedly?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Sony's got a real problem that they should've seen coming. They released it at 850$ CDN up here (with no games included), with Blu-Ray (which is still uncommon and competes with HD-DVD), one remarkable game on the shelf (Resistance: Fall of Man) and a revolutionary six-axis controller (which competes with the unbelievably fun, half-cost Wiimote).

In my opinion, they should've released it months before the Wii, because by the time they get Assassin's Creed, Killzone PS3 and other system sellers on the market, there'll be another million Wii60's out there in front of the wide screens. Let's hope for them the launch doesn't predict :roll:
Quote:I want the new Zelda and a Wii, I heard that game is simply amazing
I just beat it a couple of weeks ago, and the game plays like the system was made just for it. You WON'T be disappointed!
I hope Sony meets a large downfall on this gen. Simply because there are rumors around that Apple wants to introduce a new console, they have begun patenting game tech, and I'd love to see what they could bring out...the fall of Sony's PS stronghold would certainly be a good jump in point for another company to drop a system on us.
Sony is more of an investment piece than the others. If you bought a PS3 right off the bat expecting it to be fantastic, you deserved to have your money wasted.

Similarly with the Wii. I was disappointed with Twilight Princess on a lot of levels, mainly on the poor integration of the Wiimotes motion sensitive capabilities. The only Wii game that I played that was any fun at all was Wii Sports.

People want to see Sony take a dive just because it dominated the market the last two times around. Given its poor performance already, I'd say it's well on the way toward colossal failure. Once the price drops, I'm still going to get it for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Oh, and would a moderator kindly move this to the video game board? I think it belongs there.
Wisemon Wrote:Okay, so Sony ripped off Nintendo and got the credit. Isn't that the same thing Nintendo did to Sega repeatedly?
Yes but sega is just like nintendo so it's not that bad.
My sister and brother haven't even played the game I got them for Chritmas yet. :( (Zelda! Wii!)

Senj, just wait. In a few years Nintendo will perfect the remote, and the game will make the exact movements that you do.

GOW did look amazing, but it just wasn't that fun for me to play. I like controls a bit more simple.
Renamon's Army
The topic has been moved... just like my bowels.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I put it in Rants because it was exactly that, a rant. It wasn't meant to be a real in depth discussion about the systems, so I left it out of Video Game discussions, but if that's where you want it, okay.

Quote:People want to see Sony take a dive just because it dominated the market the last two times around.

Here we go... lol

I'd rather see them take a dive because they have made 0 creative innovations over the years. The controller has had the same design, and one would say if it ain't broke don't fix it, but clearly Sony thought it should be updated, because they redesigned it to the Bat-a-rang. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they changed it back because that thing was awful but they didn't run with anything creative. If they had done the motion sensing out of the gate I'd have been fine with it, but they didn't announce it until everyone was hyped over Nintendo's motion set up.

I think their last creative burst was the EyeToy which was pretty cool, and Microsoft knew it because they did their Vision cam, which they have found some neat ways to integrate. On the other hand Microsoft did it as a way to integrate video into future games on Live, and less as a random "let's do that" gimmick, but that has yet to pan out and only the future will show how it does.

And Blu-Ray, well I just don't see why they need to throw such an expensive drive into a system now, they say it's because if they didn't they'd need to make MultiDisc games, but I'd rather have a MultiDisc game on a $400 system, for $60, than a SingleDisc on a $600 system for $60.

Are these HD/Blu-Ray players the way to next gen? Of course, but once everyone puts them in the next next gen (ie, Xbox 3 (720?), Wii 2, PS4, iBox?) they will be cheap and able to retail with the system for $400 or so.

I guess one of my bigger problems with Sony is that they wait for someone else to debut it (ie, the Wiimote, Xbox Live, even the hard-drives they knocked so much only a gen ago) and then run with it basically saying "Yeah well we've been planning that the whole time."

Also their consumer concern seems to be at 0, the president declaring he could see game costs rising to $100 a game...which just seems illogical, at $60 a pop games are getting super pricey. Everybody else seems to think "Let's find a way to keep costs down" and Sony just seems to say "How high can we push it?"

Quote:Senj, just wait. In a few years Nintendo will perfect the remote, and the game will make the exact movements that you do.

I like that some of the games won't play stroke for stroke...I think it would be much cooler to do a badass combo than to just slash away all the time. All depends on the integration I suppose.

Quote:GOW did look amazing, but it just wasn't that fun for me to play. I like controls a bit more simple.

IMO the controls are perfect and very fluent for a shooter. Gives a real sense of weapon control, I love the "active" reload. Then again, I'm a shooter guy, those are the games I live for.[/quote]