Join our server on Discord

Life Imitates Art!
Renamon_S3 Wrote:Of course not. Spliting atoms is a bit different than creating life though...
Of course it is, but in the 40s creating life and splitting atoms was equally impossible people would laugh at you just for the thought, but now that atomic weapons are more tan just possible... so is creating artificial life.
But these things are still just reacting to all of the possible occurances that were programed into them. I don't think it is impossible to create life, but we are still very far away.
Renamon's Army
Renamon_S3 Wrote:But these things are still just reacting to all of the possible occurances that were programed into them. I don't think it is impossible to create life, but we are still very far away.
Actually, these virtual creatures had mutating genes. Mutation is random. That means the creatures wound up with genes that the original programmers never put in. Of course, that assumes the genetic language is Turing-complete (DNA most definitely is).

The only artificial things were the selection pressures.
But there still has to be some kind of set code to allow for that type of thing. So the mutations are still random, but they are still part of a specific set of possible outcomes that are pre-determined.
Renamon's Army
i dont know,even though i Dont believe in Much of a God or God-Figure,i still think that Creating Life could leave down a bad path.....i dont know if its me or those Theorys that the Learning AI will soon learn that Humans are Imperfect Lifeforms,and logically must meet there Doom....
Well, as long as we don't make 'em so that they can move around and use weapons, I think we will be safe. Heh.
Renamon's Army
psycho-kinises!....or ,Robot Powe-- wait...im thinking a human/robot mutation.
You mean a cyborg? That's human/robot.
Renamon_S3 Wrote:But there still has to be some kind of set code to allow for that type of thing. So the mutations are still random, but they are still part of a specific set of possible outcomes that are pre-determined.

Yeah you are right we are far off Im just proud of people who try and make it into reality...
Yeah, it's a step in the right direction.

Then again, a giant slingshot is a step towards getting to the moon...
Renamon's Army