Join our server on Discord

Poll: What's my next project?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Write my autobiography and get famous with a unique story (slowest gratification)
12.50%
1 12.50%
Try to get more poems published and have a small chance at getting somewhere (slower gratification)
37.50%
3 37.50%
Go to poetry readings, thrill audiences, come out empty-handed (fast gratification)
25.00%
2 25.00%
Try to get a girlfriend through online dating (fastest, though commonplace gratification)
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crossroads lead me away
Now that my high school reunion is over, there's nothing left for me to anticipate. My life was stale before, but now it's starting to get really stale. I'm not sure what the goal of my free time should be. I know I don't want to aspire for a master's degree right now. I'd rather try to get some measure of fame. I got one publication, but I know I can get some more. There's all kinds of other options though, each with varying degrees of gratification.

I could do multiple projects, but I'd rather not stretch myself too thin. Just pick one.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I say try doing something poetry related. I admit I am not one for poetry, but it seems you have received much praise for your works. Who knows maybe you will meet a girl at some poetry related event. That is how I met some one, just doing Model UN and I am sure that you have just as much of a chance if not better at a poetry related event.
Why don't you try getting more poetry published while you actually go to poetry readings? You never know, you might learn something and be inspired to put even more skill into your own to boost your posibilities of getting more and more poetry published.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Wisemon Wrote:Now that my high school reunion is over, there's nothing left for me to anticipate. My life was stale before, but now it's starting to get really stale. I'm not sure what the goal of my free time should be. I know I don't want to aspire for a master's degree right now. I'd rather try to get some measure of fame. I got one publication, but I know I can get some more. There's all kinds of other options though, each with varying degrees of gratification.

I could do multiple projects, but I'd rather not stretch myself too thin. Just pick one.
Shouldn't you have some kind of career?
Quote:Shouldn't you have some kind of career?
Sure, from 7:40 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. I'm a Project Engineer at an aerospace manufacturing company, but don't think for a second that I'm going to settle for this mediocrity.
I know that you saw me.
There's your project: Pursue a satisfying Life's Work, and see if you can make a livable wage at it along the way.
I'm probably the only one who would say find a girlfriend but that's only because I'm sure you'd like to find someone. But yeah, the job or the poety would work fine too.
I think the combination of the three, come on life cant be that hard Wise, and life for you is not over by any means. Your poetry is superb and you know you can get a better job, and the GF thing, well good luck...

Find what makes you happy and work from there....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Wisemon Wrote:Sure, from 7:40 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. I'm a Project Engineer at an aerospace manufacturing company, but don't think for a second that I'm going to settle for this mediocrity.

I enjoy that you used the word "mediocrity" in there. Nicely done!
Quote:There's your project: Pursue a satisfying Life's Work, and see if you can make a livable wage at it along the way.
:roll: That's the idea.

I think the third option (reading poetry) is probably out. As much as I love to show off, I couldn't find any promising local open mics in an online search. It was so much easier when I was in college, but I've been banned from those since I'm not a student anymore. Between the other three options, I'm still not sure.
I know that you saw me.