Join our server on Discord

Hydrogen Car coming to a store near you hopefully in 2010.
I have a feeling that several people whose economy depend on oil, like some president, will try their best to become a hindrance to these kind of projects, and I pray God that I'm wrong about this.
But if it worked, it would be great.
Quote:I have a feeling that several people whose economy depend on oil, like some president, will try their best to become a hindrance to these kind of projects, and I pray God that I'm wrong about this.
You're talking about the president of Venezuela, right?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:I have a feeling that several people whose economy depend on oil, like some president, will try their best to become a hindrance to these kind of projects, and I pray God that I'm wrong about this.
You're talking about the president of Venezuela, right?
No, I'm talking about the talking monkey who plays with your money in your own country. How much power does Venezuela have next to him?
I think he was joking. Everyone knows who you meant.
Now that you mention it.....Well, don't expect any bright ideas from me today.
Ok that's understandable with what you said.
This has been "10 years away" for about 20 years now. The only reason they're claiming to be pushing it so much now is that they know that it cannot possibly become feasible for at least another 20 years, but it gets them off the hook while they enjoy another decade or so of profits before oil supplies become uncertain.

These engines cost more than almost anyone can afford to buy, and hydrogen fuel itself is a LOT more expensive than gasoline, even at its highest prices over the past year.

GM had a working electric car but scrapped it when they realized that its success would force their entire business model to change.
lol, why not? Why isn't it possible for 20 years? What's gonna make it easier to do 20 years from now than it will be 4 years from now? Hey, when George Westinghouse was inventing the air brake, people laughed at him, but as soon as he was done he became one of the richest people around with that air brake! Nothing's impossible. With this, the Chevy Sequel, maybe they'll delay it extra time, but maybe they won't! You can't know for sure. They've made a prototype, they've been letting people test-drive it, they're working on the fuel thing.... Heh, just have faith that they know what they're doing, and then whatever happens, happens.
Quote:lol, why not? Why isn't it possible for 20 years? What's gonna make it easier to do 20 years from now than it will be 4 years from now?
For one thing, the size of microchips shrinks every year. On the whole, it's not possible to do it cheaply because the systems for mass-production have not been established, nor are the automakers ready to make that kind of investment.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I think it's funny how this almost turned into a bash Bush thing.

Anyway, the actual manufacturing of the cars isn't all that different. And even if they were, car manufacturers change all the time.

The Model T is far different than the GT. They had to change things around there somewhere, so if they need to change a few things in the factories to mass produce a car with a different fuel source, I bet they could do it with ease.

The car manufacturers aren't in league with the oil companies. They just want to sell cars. They have no good reason why not to make them. If they would sell, they will be made.

What's sad is, that in order for there to be enough solar panels to collect enough solar energy for all of our needs, you would need such a large amount of panels, that you would actually blot out the sun.

Just kidding. But it sounds interesting right? Lol, anyway...

Noone is willing to pay for the solar panels.
Renamon's Army