Join our server on Discord

Hydrogen Car coming to a store near you hopefully in 2010.
I'm not gonna say heart.

Captain Planet: CAPTAIN PLANET!!

DMX: *Empties a keg of booze on CP*

Captain Planet: LET'S DUMP THE WORLD!

DMX: How much did he durate?

Dot: Seven seconds and a half. Why did you do that?

DMX: Dunno.

It'd be nice to have hydrogen cars. I just hope they don't rip our heads off with the prices.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
LMAO I did an article about this almost a year ago in my English class in college, cause we already talked about how important it is to be less dependent on oil and such....This does not make oil companies happy....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
I'll say it again; this isn't going to work. In order to get pure hydrogen, you need to burn fuel in production. Most likely, this is going to be done indirectly by further burdening our already overburdened power generating plants, most of which use coal.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
well it uses a fuel cell, which which can be better for the environment and we don't have to use oil. Although ya it is true about how it does require energy still and the hydrogen production can only be as clean as the energy sources used to produce it.

I admit i don't understand it very well, it is not something i have researched nor do i feel like it. So forgive me if i am wrong on any of this.
Quote:I admit i don't understand it very well, it is not something i have researched nor do i feel like it.
That's the attitude of most of the so-called environmentalists backing this thing. We need a better way to harness solar power and wind power. Maybe we should all just stop commuting.
I know that you saw me.
Well I have better things to do then search for something i care little about. I just felt like posting this article up, because I know many people here do care. As for who is right if it is good or not, I don't know so whatever.

I hope you weren't calling me an environmentalists. That is one of the last things I am supposed to be. Sure I like the earth and all but not I feel bad being called one. Remember I'm the dude who thinks that man affects Global Warming little like less than a 10% margin. So no I can't be one.
Quote:I hope you weren't calling me an environmentalists. That is one of the last things I am supposed to be. Sure I like the earth and all but not I feel bad being called one. Remember I'm the dude who thinks that man affects Global Warming little like less than a 10% margin. So no I can't be one.
Good, as long as you're not claiming to be an environmentalist, you can do what you want. Go dump some mercury into the ocean after you're finished wiping your ass with panda fur.
I know that you saw me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXYs9Sc17UQ

Anywhoo, I'm finding that I don't care too much altogether. Wisemon's ideas of wind and solar power are really the only enviromental "sound" solutions. Then again, I feel like, "What difference does it make since everythings going to blow up sooner or later."
Quote:Good, as long as you're not claiming to be an environmentalist, you can do what you want. Go dump some mercury into the ocean after you're finished wiping your ass with panda fur.

Ultimately I wouldn't mind, but it is hard to find good pandas and I don't live near the ocean.
Wisemon Wrote:I'll say it again; this isn't going to work. In order to get pure hydrogen, you need to burn fuel in production. Most likely, this is going to be done indirectly by further burdening our already overburdened power generating plants, most of which use coal.

Lol, Wise, it's truly not a matter of whether or not it's GOING to work. According to the article, it HAS worked, and IS working. They've been test-driving it, you know. They say that they can't release the car until the fueling-stations are set, so don't worry--they're taking everything into consideration. Leave it to them, lol they're the ones that have already designed the car and actually built two million dollar prototypes-- I'll assume they know what they're doing. If not, they'll do what any other company does: Cancel the scheduled release, put more research into it, and then bring it back when it's better.

Someone mentioned an electric car they had before. I saw it on the news-- called the Tango or something. The thing was amazing, 0-60 in about 4 seconds. Trouble was, the batteries were very expensive to make, therefore they would be very expensive to sell, and technology that hybrid cars use today hadn't been perfected yet, creating the question of "How do I charge this thing?" to come into play. I don't know why, now that newer technology is here, they haven't tried to restore the hopes of this vehicle, but ehh, who knows.

Nothing's wrong with being an environmentalist. We're all living on a giant rock that's hurtling around a huge ball of fire at thousands upon thousands of miles per hour in an environment that contains absolutely no breathable oxygen and no gravity whatsoever. Heh, for that reason alone, I'm surprised EVERYONE isn't an environmentalist. Personally, I don't like people messing up the place. It makes things look nasty, SMELL nasty, and duh, it damages the giant rock we're living on that's hurtling around a huge ball of fire at thousands upon thousands of miles per hour in an environment that contains absolutely no breathable oxygen and no gravity whatsoever. I'm more than glad that SOMEONE is finally creating a vehicle that won't blast a huge black cloud all over the place and clog up your car's AC filter. Go Earth. Go Chevy. Regardless of whether or not it "works."