Join our server on Discord

Digimon: Battle Across Time
"D-Don't ask me!" Marco protested.

"You should know this... then again, you never do pay attention in school..." Graine said in an amused tone.

"Come on... I'm only three hundred or so... I don't know everything..." Marco said quietly.
The wieghtlessness coarsing Dalin's body began to erode his sense of science and reasoning. The feeling lasted for three minutes. His internal clock threatened to collapse against the strain of his euphoria. Carbon light filtered into his eyesight, his mind, preventing him to understand the world.

Until he met the ground.

The impact sent him airborne again before slamming chest first into padded dirt. His eyes caught flashes of sun and earth, blending into an unconciouss colored slop, but as he slowed, the visions began dividing into seperate shapes. He flopped to a stop in a grassy knoll.

In an impact that could kill a normal man, Dalin's bones mended together, his wounds stitched closed by his own bodily skin, and his deafness conceded. The Necron organs cooled when the repairs were complete. He sat up.

"In everything I've seen..." Dalin gazed the knoll. "Nothing compares to that."

His dataslate beeped. Shocked a flimsy plasticard survived the fall, he pulled it out, and gasped. The small handheld was thicker, longer, filled his palm with its weight. Its window was trimmed with grey and held two buttons. He pressed one. Immediately the screen scrolled a marquee for the living Pariah: COME TO THE CLOCKHOUSE. ALL WILL BE EXPLAINED.

Underneath the message sat a compass. It wasn't pointing North.

"Clockhouse? Do such things still exist or have I damaged my," Dalin thought for a word, "Insides?"
after wondering around the first floor he went back out the door. when he was out he noticed the woman in red, "Eh...can you help me? i'm looking for people or digimon, i kinda need answers.." he asked as he looked at her.
"Through there." Arukenimon said pointing to the door where the others were gathering.

Once inside, he was immediately noticed by Clockmon. "Another one?! Well I'm not even going to bother asking what year and planet you're from. Instead I'm going to ask Ezekiel here if he finds something strange about the planets he's heard mentioned."

"Earth is another name for Holy Terra..." Ezekiel responded quizzically. "But the whole world is a massive cathedral and a administrative center for the whole of the Imperium. All who live there are little more than scribes and clerks, then of course there are the High Lords."

"All of you, save Marco, Ezekiel and possibly whoever may still be coming, are all from Earth. But you are all from different points in history, and I'll tell you why. Some time ago, this world was forced outside of time, allowing information to flow into it from all points in history and thus, allowing all of you to be here in the same place and time, since time doesn't really matter here." Clockmon explained.

"Assuming all this were true, would it be possible to return back to our home times?" Ezekiel asked. "Not to mention you have yet to explain what this world is where it is and other such necessary information."

"Quite possibly so. Though I have no idea how that would happen." Clockmon said. "And yes you are right about me not explaining where you are. This is the Digital World, a world which is paraell to yours, it is made up of all Digital Information generated by all electronic devices and such which is shadowed here."

"Like how the warp is composed of raw psychic energy made by all living things?" Ezekiel said.

"Exactly." Clockmon said.

"Why are we here?" Ezekiel asked flatly.

"Remember that girl you killed?" Clockmon asked. "It is people like that which creates a need for those to stand against them. She won't be the last, and then of course, there is the need to figure out what happened to push the Digital World outside of time to begin with."

Outside the room, Arukenimon shook here head at the array of people here. "2006, 2374, 41,998, yeesh."
fred just stood there kinda in confusion. "er...has anyone seen a blackguilmon anywhere around here?" he asked a bit hesitant from hearing what Arukenimon had just said way from out the door.
"No... I don't think so... sorry." Graine replied to Fred quietly.

Marco raised his hand "Uhm... my mother is from Earth... I don't actually know the name of my home world..."

"How couldn't you?" Graine said, turning his head 180 degrees to look at Marco.

"I don't think it has a name... unless it's just that no one ever told me..." Marco looked down slightly.

"... Because you're a hybrid?"

"Yeah... hyb-..." He blinked "How do you know so much about me!?"
"damn...well, i'll have to keep looking then...so your a hybrid...gee,wouldn't have guessed...i'll just leave that be..." he said as he just stood next to the door way.
Upon hearing exactly what Marco was, Ezekiel felt ill, beforehand, he had believed Marco to be some xeno to be merely tolerated given the situation. But hearing that he was the result of some unholy union between a human female and another xeno was something else altogether. A brief look of disgust was concealed by the rebreather mask covering all but his eyes.

"Abomination." He said to himself barely registering above a whisper. He felt that something needed to be done to wipe this stain off the face of humanity, but he quelled that with the realization that this 'thing' called Marco came from nearly 40 millenia ago, and seeing as how his world was a mere 27 light years from Holy Terra. It would've most likely have been cleansed of all xeno and heretic filth tens of thousands of years before the time of the Imperium, their memory and taint purged and forgotten. With this in consolation, Ezekiel calmed down and prepared to tolerate Marco along with any other xeno and heretic from the past, knowing that thier time had come for cleansing long ago.

Something else had come to Ezekiel's mind though. "So am I to assume correctly, that since this place shares a similar nature to the warp, that the native inhabitants of this place are not unlike deamons themselves?"

"Far from it." Clockmon said writing down what years and planets each of the chosen in the room had come from for future reference. "Originally the Digital World as we knew it was simply a shadow realm of the digital networks on Earth, of course now it's an amalgamation of networks from all periods of history on Earth and perhaps beyond."

"You mean to tell me that this place and all things within it was an unwitting creation of man?!" Ezekiel asked dumbfounded.

"Yes, which should make things here quite a bit less unholy for you." Arukenimon said stepping in.

"A place made unknowingly by all electronic information generated throughout the realm of man. Could I perhaps be within the very mind of the Machine God?" Ezekiel said to himself comprehending this as a form of religious experience.

"Say, exactly how much of you is mechanical?" Arukenimon asked.

"Excuse me?" Ezekiel asked not listening at the moment.

"How much of you is robotic? And how did you get that way?" She asked again.
And here I thought I heard everything... he thought to himself as he listened to the conversation. A cyborg, hybrid, and god knows what else all in one room...each from different worlds and times...what next?

"is it possible that if our digimon partners are gone, but left something behind, that you can actually digivolve to a digimon ourselves?" he asked Clockmon, tightening his grip on the diamond still saying his mantra over his head.
Marco sighed to himself. Great... I bet this lot are going to treat me like filth as well... just like at home... "Dammit..." He breathed quietly, tilting his head towards the floor. He blinked and looked at Ezekiel "Did you say you're from a time past mine? I... Do you know if my family still exists then...? Uhm... the Bereks?"

OOC: Hehehe... may I be creative with the history (history for Ezekiel that is) of Marco's family? Twisted I have a nice idea for it.