Join our server on Discord

Digimon: Battle Across Time
"...What's he talking about?" asked Minomon.

"...I don't know. I thought you would."

"This guy's being creepy."

"Shush! He is right here."

"Oh, sorry."

"Well, I'm from Britain. Where are you from? The only country with an emperor I know of is Japan, and you don't look like one. I don't get your accent, either."
"Oh no." Ezekiel said to himself. Apparently this man was from a world so far from the Imperium that it is little more than a half-remembered myth, if it was even remembered at all. Sighing to himself he responded with,

"I came to the place from the forge world of Gryphonne IV, in the midst of an invasion by Tyranids." Ezekiel said. "I fell through the fires of that battle and into the water of this place by a means I did not see. I know not of this place you call Britain, but of course many worlds were lost in the Imperium's history of over ten millenia."
James looked at the alien wide-eyed, and downed his pint to numb the shock.

"Minomon, a-any idea what thish person ish talkinging about?"

"You're talking funny."

"I'm a little- a little tipsy. Now, whatch he talking about?"

"You're a lightweight."

"Shut up."

"I don't know. What's his name, anyway?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatch's your name, anyway, creepy emperor-priest-guy?"

"He's right there, you know."
"Ezekiel, tech-priest and servant of the Machine God." Ezekiel said. "Now tell me, Xeno, if this Digital World can draw in many souls from many places in the cosmos, then would it not be possible for someone else from the Emperor's realm to wind up here? And if so, where might I find them? Because I am wasting my time here."
Twirling her spear around and jabbing it into the bar before Ezekiel, Twilightmon turns to stare at the man hard. "You talking to me?" She demanded, standing up onto the bar. Normally she wasn't so violent.. but there was something about the spirits she was now possessed by that urged that part of her on. "Since I've no problem in ending you!"
Perhaps all the people here were lightweights, maybe the young woman demanded attention, maybe everyone here was a little mad, and given his situation, it would not be long before Ezekiel was mad as well. Such was one of the many weaknesses of the flesh, irrationality. Ezekiel merely stood, and pried the spear out of the bar before handing it back to it's owner.

"No, I was speaking to the other xeno, the one sitting next to the drunkard." Ezekiel said pointing a metal finger to James and Minomon. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I will be taking my leave."

And with that, Ezekiel left the pub and continued on a course which would take him from this village. "Twas a mistake coming here, damnedable woman, she was probably a xeno as well." He said to himself.

"I wouldn't have done that." Came a voice from Ezekiel's side. He stopped and turned to see what looked like a large walking clock.

"And what wisdom would you impart to me?" Ezekiel asked.

"Only this, and the advice that you watch that girl, she has her spirits, and you don't have any yet." The walking clock said handing Ezekiel a small handheld device.

"I will not be tainted by xenos artefacts!" Ezekiel exclaimed tossing the device far from him.

"You'd better retrive that. At least looking for it will put you closer to where you need to go."

"And where would I need to go, xeno?" Ezekiel asked with barely hidden disdain.

"The clockwork building, going there will answer a lot of your questions. That's where I'll be. Now get going, that girl may come after you."

Watching the walking clock run off, Ezekiel scoffed at the notion that he could be helped by that xeno. "Xenos don't help, they mislead and betray. But still..."

Ezekiel began to walk in the indicated direction, he had forgotten some of the core teachings of the Cult Mechanicus. All things teach, even if what they teach is detrimental, all knowledge is precious and must be sought out and preserved. He decided to go to this, clockwork building, and perhaps retrieve that device along the way. Rounding a corner he saw the device tossed back at him by the walking clock before resuming his course to the destination. Placing the device in his robe pocket, he continued walking.

OOC: Any characters who decide they're aligned with Ezekiel should make thier way to the clockwork building. Any who are not, well you can come too, just don't expect to be expected.
There are a few things in life that can turn a man sober very quickly. One is seeing a scary purple lady thrust a spear into a bar a few centimetres away from you. James grabbed Minomon and hid under the table.

"Is this common?"

"...I guess."

"Why take me somewhere so rough!"
The walking clock was right. He had already tapped the hornet's nest and now its time for the sting. Not far behind came the yell of Twilightmon. "HEY! Wait you bastard!" Screamed the short legendary warrior as she chased after Ezekiel. "CHAOS.. IMPACT!"

Black orbs of dark energy crackled around her before rising into the air and homing in on Ezekiel, exploding around him. Knowing the bastard, he wouldn't stop so easily.. if at all. But that'd just make it all the more fun when she decimated him.
The clockwork building wasn't far, in fact it was just two blocks away, and already nearing the edge of this small settlement. Ezekiel looked up and forward to see a curious looking structure which resembled the inside of a primitive gear-driven clock. Massive gears and other such mechanisms moved in perfect harmony and order. Intrigued and impressed, Ezekiel picked up the pace a bit.

"HEY! Wait you bastard!" Screamed the short legendary warrior as she chased after Ezekiel. "CHAOS.. IMPACT!"

Black orbs of dark energy crackled around her before rising into the air and homing in on Ezekiel, exploding around him. The name of this attack meant only one thing to Ezekiel, that this girl was in league with the ruinous powers of chaos, and for that, she could not be allowed to live. Still walking, he pondered his next action, he was unarmed, and facing a sorceress of unknown power. "The spear..." He said quietly to himself, that must be the focus she's using to channel her fell powers.

Another burst of dark energy and more impacts about him, this time, much more accurate and almost knocking him off his feet and showering him with some debris. Bursting into a run, he rounded a corner away from his destination and waited. When the girl came around after him, she was greeted with metallic fists grabbing her spear and delivering a punch to the face. The attacked knocked her on her bum while Ezekiel secured the spear in his hands.

"Saw good bye to your foul artefact chaos scum." He said right before he attempted to break the weapon over his ceramite knee.

"Idiot!" Said the walking clock in frustration right outside the entrance to the clockwork building.
As the idiot tried to break the weapon over his knee, the best he would succeed is hurting his knee. Uninjured, Twilightmon stood and dusted her bottom off. "Huh, you surprised me back there. But you're really an idiot.. you could've gotten away with that stunt if you ran for it." Twilightmon spoke rather smugly as she only extended her hand, the spear vanishing and reforming in her grip. "I could so easily kill you right now.. but I'll wait. There's something I want to confirm first."

Lifting the haughty fool up by his robes with one hand, Twilightmon effortlessly threw Ezekiel towards the clock shaped digimon. "Horry up and be quick about it. You've got ten minutes before I start destroying this town." She told it, placing the spear in midair and sitting on it patiently. Of course she really wouldn't wait ten minutes. It'd be five at most.