Join our server on Discord

Digimon: Battle Across Time
OOC: I suppose I should mention that if your character originates in the Digital World, information on what time you come from is not necessary since the Digital World is outside of time and all Eras are connected to it.

IC: Several hours of walking yielded Ezekiel little more than a transition from grassy field speckled with small bodies of water to verdant looking forest. Ezekiel had mused the idea that he was in fact dead and in some sort of afterlife. He scoffed at the notion with the knowledge that once someone expires, their soul is immediately cast into the warp, where only fate decides where they either wind up with thier proper gods or devoured by the myriad deamons spawned there. No, if he were truly dead, he would be in the warp as well, hopefully with the Emperor like other faithful, and not devoured and forced to spend an eternity in torment like heretics, mutants, and xenos scum.

Looking up and around the canopy, he saw what appeared to be spider's webs and large arachnids milling about, most man sized, some appeared to be much larger. Knowing that such creatures only attack when prey is entrapped, Ezekiel made sure that he would stay aware of his surroundings to make sure that he would not wind up as some arachnid creature's snack. While totally confident in this, a small part of him preferred he's be walking through a pasture of lobotomized grox waiting to be turned into burger.

While keeping his course and watching for traps, he happened upon what appeared to be a woman in a red dress doing something which escaped Ezekiel at the moment. Since she looked completely human, Ezekiel breathed a sigh of relief, perhaps there would be a settlement of homo sapiens nearby. Immediately he approached the woman and grabbed her attention.

"Excuse me madam." Ezekiel said brining the white skinned, white haired woman about.

"Yes?"

"Could you perhaps lead me in the direction of the nearest inhabited area?" He asked.

"Yes, but I believe you've forgotten your manners. Your name?" The woman asked.

"Irrevlevant, but very well, I am Ezekiel. Now direct me to the nearest inhabited area please." Ezekiel responded and again demanded his information with metal arms crossed.

The woman, a tiny bit peeved with this stranger's apparent lack of manners, yet facinated with his strange appearence, removed her sunglasses uncovering golden brown eyes and cocked an eyebrow. This person looked like the end result of a one-night stand between either a human or a humanoid digimon and an andromon or something along those mechanical lines.

"I'm Arukenimon and I'm fine, thank you. You'll find where you need to go in that direction." She said pointing to Ezekiel's left.

"Thank you, Emperor be with you." Ezekiel said and promptly walked off in the direction pointed out by the woman with the incredibly strange name. He had failed to remember to ask her what planet he was on, but such information was not needed at the moment since getting to civilization was his first priority.
"So, you're Minomon?"

Minomon nodded.

"And I'm a..?"

"Digidestined, yes."

"Hmm. Well, I suppose that is rather cool."

"Yeah."

They sat in silence.

"Can we go somewhere, now... Minomon?"

"Sure! There's a village just down there!"

"Great, let's go there."

So they did.

"Let's go to the pub: I need a drink."
Following the woman's directions, Ezekiel found the inhabited area he had been searching for, and what he found in this village, was completely different from what he had expected. He expected to find a place inhabited by humans, instead he found no humans at all, only these creatures, resembling animals that walked on two feet and acted like men. Upon first looking at this, he quickly hid behind a tree.

"Xenos." He said to himself quietly. "This world is most likely a haven for the abominable creatures."

He pondered the situation, while his existence for the longest time focused around manufactorum work, he was also occasionally given knowledge about the greater galaxy and how things inside and out of the Emperor's realm worked. Ideally, xenos would be purged, just like mutants and heretics, but in some places, their presence is merely tolerated as wiping them out would be too costly and in some places, people work with them on a daily basis. While the idea sickened him, Ezekiel deduced that this must be how this world functioned, therefore, since he is incapable of carrying out a holy purge, he too must work with these xenos if he is to survive and find a way home.

"May the Omnissiah forgive me for what I must do." He uttered a quick prayer before swallowing his pride and swearing that no xenos taint shall enter him.

He turned from his hiding spot and entered the village, looking around, he found it to resemble a frontier village, with simple buildings composed mostly of wood and thatch and stone. The signs all over were written in the common tongue of man strangely, with some other tongue he was unfamiliar with, the tongue of the xenos no doubt. He needed information, but was completely uncertain of where to go and how to get it. He must've appeared to be a strange sight indeed, a man in a bright, if somewhat sullied red hooded robe, a rebreather attached to his face, red artificial eyes the only visible part of his face, and silver, artificial arms composed mostly of ceramite and plasteel. Through the holes in his robe torn by Tyranids, a black body suit could be seen, and black boots covering his metal feet and calves.

Putting such thoughts out of his mind, he soon spied another human walk into the village and towards what looked like a tavern of sorts. He was accompanied by one of the xenos, no doubt a friend or acquaintence at least. Seeing that this might be the source of the information he seeks, Ezekiel followed them into the tavern and waited for what seat they took. It was a table by the eastern wall and he soon moved in to take a seat with them.
James started when a human sat next to him. "Goodness!" he said, turning around. "Hello, I'm James? Who're you? Do you know where this is? Are you Digidestined? Do you..? I'm sorry, I'm being rude. I should get us drinks."

"I have money!" said Minomon.

"Awesome! Well, provided drinking restrictions don't apply, I'll have a pint, and this chap will havr whatever he's having, eh? Excellent!"
Marco gasped as he regained conciousness. Every bit of his body hurt... He used a wall to pull himself up... He blinked "What...?" He looked at the pub he had just used to pull himself up "... where...?"
"I don't drink, I'm a holy man." Ezekiel said as he got straight down to business. "This may seem like a strange question but what planet am I on? What system am I in?"

"What?" James said a bit confused.

"What star system am I in?" Ezekiel repeated.

"You're not really in any star system, you're in the Digital World." Minomon said.

"Excuse me?" Ezekiel asked.

"Yeah, it's one of those paralell reality things." Minomon answered.

"Am I to assume correctly, xeno that I am in another dimension?!" Ezekiel demanded.

"Yup, and I'm not a xeno, I'm a digimon." Minomon said.

"You're not human, I'm reasonably sure you're not a mutant or a deamon, which makes you a xeno and probably a heretic as well." Ezekiel said. "Do not question what you are, ideally I should only see you through the sights of a gun."

"Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." James remarked before imbibing some of his drink which had just been delivered.

"However, since I do not have a gun, I am forced to cooperate with you and your sympathizers." Ezekiel said.

"I really hope you're the kind of digidestined that doesn't have a partner." Minomon said.

"Digidestined? Partner?" Ezekiel asked.
Excuse me?

Those are my characters. That is god-modding. Leave them well alone.

"An orange juice for you, then," said James.

"What's a star system?"

"I think he means "solar system". A collection of planets orbiting a single sun."

"Oh. Okay. Why does he keep called me Xeno? I'm Minomon!"

James looked at the little thing. It was really quite an endearing creature.

"I dunno. This guy's a little weird. Ah, thanks," he said as he was given his pint. "This is the first time I've had one of these. Cheers!"
OOC: Sorry about that, I didn't realize, I'll try not to do that again.
OOC: Please remember to use the OOC tag to seperate your out of character speak. It makes things confusing otherwise.

---

The door to the said bar was knocked off of its hinges as a new figure strode in. Appearing as a scantily clad demon with pink hair, Twilightmon strode in, a crimson barbed spear over her shoulder. Looking around casually, Twilightmon strode over to the bar with a rather.. mischievous grin. "HEY! Who do I have to fuck to get a drink around here?" She suddenly yelled rather brazenly, seating herself on the bar itself and crossing her legs.
Turning in the direction of the newcomer, Ezekiel merely glanced over her and turned back to the table dismissing her and her theatrics. "Alright then, strange happenings and half-naked heretics aside. I suppose I should ask which world in the Emperor's realm do you come from?"