Join our server on Discord

I used to love them...but now I don't mind killing them.
I said in another thread: I don't want any more pets. I don't wanna go through the same suffering I did with my doggie. Yeah? I did.
About a month ago, we discovered a chingolos' (a sparrow-like bird) nest in the terrace. I had a bad feeling about it.
Two weeks ago, I heard a huge noise in the backyard, and I saw one of the babybirds that was in the nest on the floor, unmoving. I'd seen it being chased by another chingolo. Later in the afternoon, it was walking around the backyard and we could see its back was covered in blood. That horrible older sparrow must have attacked it. (Later we discovered that all its back was scarred). After I consulted it with the vet, I decided to put it back in the nest, hoping it could survive its wounds. An hour later, he was back in the backyard: Its parents had left the nest, though I used gloves. We took it in for the night. The other day my mother took it to the vet and she said it was about to die of hunger. During the last 15 days it was around my backyard, starting to fly slowly, and being fed by us because it won't do it by itself. But all the other chingolos that came down attacked it. Nonetheless, it wanted to follow them.
This morning it climbed up the stairs to the terrace. Trying to stop it, I cut its way with a broom, but because of that he finally managed to fly to the roof. It started walking around the neighbors' roofs and finally jumped to a tree. I was so afraid because it can barely fly and barely eat by itself, and all the other chingolos attack it because it asks them for food. It walked around, savagely crying for food, while my mother was pleading it to get down.
A couple hours after that, we heard another riot. And after that, the crying stopped. My mother saw a calandria (another local bird, but bigger) carrying something over the roof and pecking it. She scared it out of there, but when I went to see, I saw a calandria carrying what it seemed like a blood red fruit in its beak. There are no red fruit around, I think.....So I can only think of the worst. Maybe we heard a fight and it escaped far away, but.....I'm sure the worst happened. :cry: We didn't want to keep it as pet, we just wanted to protect it until it could grew, but....I told her the only solution was to put it in a bird cage, but she didn't want....No matter all we did, we couldn't save it...again..... :cry:
I hate those fucking birds!!!!!!!!!! I used to love birds, but they do that to their own children!!!!! I remember in my last unpaid hospital, how doves used to fight to death with each other, these creeps kill their own kind, they leave their children to starve....
I used to hate hurting animals but I swear, if I see that calandria again, I'll stone it!!!!!!
So you've finally reached the point where it's pointless to care for or care about a non-human creature? Not quite yet? You'll get there. Buy stuffed animals instead. They're a lot easier to take care of.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I'm not really a pet person. I don't know why. I've just never been a pet person. That's really sad though.
I unfortunately have also had a horrid experience with animals, namely a pet. Growing up back in Nassau County in an apartment complex I had a hamster. It was black at front and back with white in the center. Naturally I called her Oreo. Anyway to make the long story short I came home after summer camp finding her wedged within her wooden house. There was four openings to it and stuck inside a side entrance was her lifeless body. I could only assume she was trying to get through and got stuck eventually aphxiated, doubt that's spelled right. First thing I did was pick up the house with her in it looking into her face. Her eyes were closed and she wasn't moving.

When my mother came home she found me obviously distraught. I only had her for about a year when this awful accident occured. Since then I moved to Suffolk County when my mother remarried. My stepfather had and still owns a Beagle. She's named Casey and is a handful. I love her but she's still not my ''personal'' pet. My mother is severely asthmatic so I can't get another pet. Having Casey already makes her cough and wheeze like you'd never imagine. Also Casey being a hunting dog might eat it. I was thinking of moving into a supported living home and getting a Chinchilla. I hear they live up to 20 years. Plus I think they're nice pets.
NASSAU? SUFFOLK?

I grew up in Farmingdale!
I had this case, more or less the same, some years ago, three months after my sister had brought her first kitten. Some houses from my own, there was a women with a pregnant cat, she lived alone and everything. She just fed it and let it live inside her house whenever it dropped in.

The day reached when the cat gave birth, four kittens were born, one black, a white one with a black spot on it's head, and two perfectly white.

Children came that day, I can remember I was there watching since I was famished by kittens (silly boy of 9 years). All the children were caressing and rubbing the new-born kittens while their mother tried to lick them to clean them or so I've heard. I stood back, it was gross to me (reason why the famishing vanished from me :P).

The next day, my friends, my little sister and I went to check up on the kitten family. The old lady was confused and told us she couldn't find one of the white ones and the one with the black spot. Well, we volunteered to help search.

We searched everywhere, until my sis, not wanting to search for them, went directly to see the others and their mother. She screamed.

When we were all there, we saw the white kitten torn in two and the one with the spot lacking a leg and a ear, with a scratched face, below the bed. The other two (the pure black and pure white) were inside the cupboard, where the lady had decided to keep them.

From that day, I learned not to touch any new-born animal, you could guess what happened to me the day my sis' cat got pregnant three consecutive times <.<
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:these creeps kill their own kind, they leave their children to starve

Wait are we still talking about birds? Or did it switch to humans without me noticing?

The worst thing that ever happened to me with a pet, I was about 10, and had a bird. I loved that bird so much for one main reason, it HATED my sister, anytime my sister would get near her she would peck at her and screech. Then one day I put her in the catch as usual but didn't lock it correctly, next morning I woke up to find her in my bed, with a couple of large puncture wounds in her neck. She had figured out how to knock the bar off the cage since it didn't latch fully and got out, then I guess my cat found her and attacked her and then left her on my bed. That was one of the worst moments of my life.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Sorry I stirred so sad memories in many of you :cry:
When I came home, I saw that my mother saw it when she was taking the trash outside, had chased it all over the neighborhood and finally trapped it. So now she made it a cage with a box and tulle and we're keeping it there until it learns how to eat by itself. :D

Wisemon Wrote:So you've finally reached the point where it's pointless to care for or care about a non-human creature? Not quite yet? You'll get there. Buy stuffed animals instead. They're a lot easier to take care of.
......................*has random thoughts of stuffing Wise* I get there some times, but I don't remain there. At least I try not to.
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Sorry I stirred so sad memories in many of you :cry:
When I came home, I saw that my mother saw it when she was taking the trash outside, had chased it all over the neighborhood and finally trapped it. So now she made it a cage with a box and tulle and we're keeping it there until it learns how to eat by itself. :D

So it survived? Well that's good.

Wisemon Wrote:So you've finally reached the point where it's pointless to care for or care about a non-human creature?

Non-human? They deserve care alot more than any human I can think of, if it came down to rescuing a human or an animal I'd save the animal in a heartbeat. *Points to sig quote*
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Alas, like you said.