Join our server on Discord

Humanity, and our media leaves me cold and angry!
I'm quite happy with my television, thank you. Right now, Children in Need is on. It's telethon run annually on the BBC in which the television actors (from all four terrestrial television channels) and various people get together to sing, proform and dance to raise money for children across the UK who might be in a spot of bother. That sounds boring, but it is a national event and it's effects are greater felt than those of Hallowe'en. Across the entire country, people are sponsered to do silly things, such as have their legs waxed, or sit in a bath of beans for an hour. Especially popular is getting sponcered to dress up: today, I've seen Father Christmas, Witches, Faries, Cowboys, Bugs Bunny, Pudsey (the yellow bear mascot of CiN), chefs, indians, Peter Pan, hobbits and many more. What is suprising is the number of chaps who seem to pour out of the woodwork each year dressed as women. We love it.

So far,
It's not just the fact that some shows suck.

Have you bought DVDs of of ANYTHING made by Williams Street?

They don't take ANYTHING seriously, or positively for that matter, about their own creations, even their bonuses and commentary are nothing but a fucking joke!

The simple fact is that they are lazy, arrogant, and corrupt individuals, who clearly don't give a fuck about their own work, and put little effort into it.

And I used to like what they used to produce. So it's not a "From the beginning of time, while demons and angels waged war before life on the Material Plane existed" type of thing. The Brak Show, Space Ghost: Coast to Coasrt, Aqua Teen, Sealab, I loved those shows. But then they made crappier shows that showed less and less effort, like Tom Goes to the Mayor (seriously, they take photos of people, digitize them, and turn them into stamp images using the stamp filter in Photoshop... THAT'S ALL IT IS!!... oh, and the plot is really stupid), and 12 Oz. Mouse (do NOT tell me it's funny or good. It's badly drawn, lines are unwitty, it just simply drones on and on and on, and it basically wastes 12 minutes of America's time)

And the worse part is, it's becomming a growing trend on other channels.

What ever happened to integrity? Did that become extinct, like chivalry?

does anyone else think that I MAY be thinking a little too much into this, as well as letting it get to myself, a little too much?
It's true that some shows on adult swim suck colossal ass but there are some good shows on there. Plus those shows either have a like or hate about them.
Plus adult swim loves to be an ass. Don't know why but they do.
Quote:What ever happened to integrity? Did that become extinct, like chivalry?

It died with honesty, and will remain dead because no one is willing to sacrifice their money for integrity, well most greedy assholes anyway...but hey man that's way it is now. :x
I hate Tom goes to kill the mayor too. Retarded mouse sucks aswell.

Honesty isn't dead, It's just very sick. He just caught something while visiting integrity in the hospital.

Poor chivalry has been in a coma for some time now.
Renamon's Army
Ha have you seen Assy Mcgee. God I haven't found much humor in that. Of course I haven't really given it the chance yet. Maybe I will strive to complete an episode.
what about 4chan Waru ??? o.O;
Veemon's Followers
mowgly Wrote:what about 4chan Waru ??? o.O;

What about 4chan?

OH! Nah, I tried pulling some Holy War thing to bring creative integrity back to American airwaves... long story short, left everyone there arguing like kindergarteners... minus the colored blocks and toy cars.

Anyways, whoever mentioned Doctor Who... YEs, that is some excellent show there... but it's britich, I was talking specifically about American stuff...

So far, all I can think of that is good that is American that's on now is Heroes, and Avatar (God I miss Farscape. Why is it on My 9?), Mostly becuase apart from good ideas and plots... these shows have consistant storytelling.

I think that's what my main issue is: I've matured so much, that I now kinda expect shows to have a perverbial beginning and end/end that leads to a new beginning. Most shows that simply "go nowhere" or "Practically do the same thing, every episode" just don't really do much for me, anymore... that's probably another reason why I have gotten into anime, and stuck with it (at first it was the style, which was still unique back in the early-to-mid 90's, and now that it's more accepted in the American mainstream... more accepted, not completely accepted, I'm starting to like them for consistant stroytelling, or webs within webs, like Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka Seven, Zoids: Chaotic Century, Big O, Outlaw Star, and I've recetly gotten into Hakugei: Legend of the Moby Dick.)

And yes, I know some anime are not consistant, only going for jokes, and all that.... like Chromartie High School (funny as hell, I recomend it), Super Milk Chan (love or hate it, but you'll eventually know of it), and Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo (zany, funny, and overtly, madcappingly [is that even a word?] violent).

SO, I don't think that one medium is better than another. but I just feel that more could be done with the first (like Heroes or Avatar), to make American entertainment.... entertaining, again.
It's unfortunate, but their just doing what sells here.
Woot super sweet sixteen. I get to watch a spoiled bitch complain about how her $20k party is going wrong.
Television distorts reality, and here I am to make it clear again.

This, is the Colbert Report!