Join our server on Discord

[AOTM]December Contest by: MISTER BIG T
Hum well! I know it's a bit early for December but it's also a bit late for november to work anymore either, so instead of being as behind as the scores for the previous entries, we'll for once have enough time to actually work on a lemon!! Ain't I grand at times? Now, here's the ol' rules once again, since they're good.

EDIT: I just removed the silly "general" audiences one. It's not like anyone else other than me would break that rule anyway.

Nate Hunte Wrote:Submission Guidelines

Quote:Pairing: Free for All - As it implies, anything goes. No restrictions on straight/homosexual, digimon, human, etc. Whatever you want to write you can enter.

Content: Story before Sex preferred -- I'd like stories that have a good flow and build-in to the sexual content, and though we can't expect novels in these 30 pages, some story and character building would be nice.

Minimum length: 5 pages.
Maximum length: 30 pages.
Standard Measurements: Times New Roman, 12 point. Single-spaced text (no blank line between paragraphs; use the P tag if using HTML), double spaced scenes (one blank line between scenes).

-- In Text or Word format, this means NO blank lines between paragraphs of the same scene, and one blank line between shifts in POV or scene; HTML entries will be forgiven this as long as they are at least 5 pages in a Word Processor

To count as five pages, a certain arbitrary mimum will be judged on the fifth page for length.

All entries must have as their subject line:

[DAD September Contest]

This may be optionally followed by the story title. The body should tell me the Title, Author, and Pairing or Pairings in the story. Please PM me after submitting your story so that I can be sure I've received it... your PM should include your e-mail address and the title of the story for verification reasons, as well as your pen name.

Entries will be accepted from September 5 through September 20, and will be sent out to judges on September 21. All entries shall be stripped of author identity before being sent to judges, to help prevent bias from the other judges.

Good luck to everybody who joins, and may the competition be fierce.

Grading Criteria

These are the criteria and scores we will be grading with for this contest. I felt rushed last time, but now I managed to dig up my old scoring system, which makes a much easier percentage score in the end:

Quote: PLOT (1-20 points)
Plot design, overall creativity, unexpectedness, twists and turns, etc.

CHARACTER (1-20 points)
The ability to capture personality, so they're not all mindless automaton droids.

LEMON (1-20 points)
Need I explain this to you?

QUALITY (1-20 points)
Simply how well it is written, descriptions, lack of overdoing it, etc.

SEMANTICS (1-20 points)
Last but not least, a lemon can be good... if you can understand what the hell they're saying.

This will be our standard scoring in the future, unless we do a themed contest, in which case Lemon will be halved and the other half will be given to a theme-related score (ie: Execution, Romance, etc.). I hope that the Review Team, sans Knight (who has informed me that school pressures may prohibit him from judging for September), will join me in reviewing the entries yet again.

The theme for this contest is Chrismas. I may join too if I'm bored. :roll:

The E-Mail for sumbittions is AOTMContest@googlemail.com

Deadline's the 20th of DECEMBER, I'll send them out on the 21st. If your entry is too late, or missed, I'll send it if I can, but if it's not there by the time all the judges have finished reveiwing or by Christmas, you'll be disqualified.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
As one of the two or so people on this site who *don't* celebrate Christmas, do I still have to write about it?
Well write of Hanukkah or back washing day or whatever. It has to be celebration of sort still during christmas time but not actual Christmas celebration.

I have a question. can you clarify your defination of "Christmas" theme? I mean its very general, can it be something to do around the holiday season, I know its not limited, but I dont want to make something eventually and find out that its against the rules of the competiton. Just wondering if you can clarify, that will be greatly appreciated....^^
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
I'm not nearly as strict with the rules as my precedesors. As long as people are happy and there's snow or whatever and such, I'm fine. :D

I've got an idea and a story to write, but I'm just going to write the thing and work in the loosest, easiest Christmachanukwanzah theme I can.
This lemon will come on, but I practically guarantee you it will come in after deadline. I'm sorry, but college applications is the biggest bitchcrock of paperwork I've done in my life.