Join our server on Discord

I'm going...
to a funeral.

I've never met the girl, and I don't even know what she looks like.

Here's the story: This poor girl gets in a car wreck. She is in the hospital, and dies a week later, while in a coma.

The entire senior class knew her, but seeing as how I graduated last year, I didn't.

My best friend is going to the funeral, as will the whole senior class.

Here's the deal, i'm leaving for it in a few minutes, and I can't tie a damn tie. So i'm just going to where a golf shirt and shorts. Since 1/4 of the highschool is going, i'm sure I won't be the only one who isn't dressed properly.

I am going to pay my respects to a person I never knew, until she was in a coma. I heard so much about her, and I prayed (to what I don't know) that she would recover.

What is your oppinion of me going? I'm like a stranger, but I am going anyway, in a few minutes. I just wanted some oppinions about my actions, because I feel out of place, but I also feel obligated to pay my respects.

P.S. I am going, so when you respond to this, talk as if I had already gotten back. I won't be back on the forums until later anyway.
Renamon's Army
You, my friend, are a good soul. God Speed.
Death has no strangers. I don't know what religion she is but if it's one that has an afterlife I'm sure she appreciates you coming even though you didn't know her.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I've actually been in a similar situation before back when I was in high school. I didn't go, though.

If the friend that you have that you are going with knew this person, obviously you have a reason to go and I didn't--to console your friend.

Quote:Here's the deal, i'm leaving for it in a few minutes, and I can't tie a damn tie.
http://www.tie-a-tie.net/ ^_^
It's a nice gesture, even if you didn't know her.

As for tying a tie, the internet taught me how to do it.
senjuro Wrote:It's a nice gesture, even if you didn't know her.

As for tying a tie, the internet taught me how to do it.

Really? We knew how to tie a tie by the age of twelve.
I don't even remember how I learned to tie a tie.
Herr Mullen Wrote:Really? We knew how to tie a tie by the age of twelve.

I didn't go to a school with a uniform until I was 11, and a tie wasn't part of the dress code at that point. I never really had reason to wear one until I started wearing suits a lot. Now it's a necessity, though I inevitably end up tying most everyone else's.

It might be noted that I tied my brother's tie for his wedding, and he's 30.
I knew how to do them going into high school, which proved especially useful going to debates. Pretty much everyone knew how to tie them, though, considering we were a bunch of nerds anyway.
So you didn't know her? Who really knows anybody as well as they think they do? That shouldn't stop you from going to an event where there might be free food. At the last funeral I went to, they had a pretty nice deli platter.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against