Join our server on Discord

Devil May Cry
Many know it. It's a good series of games, a manga novel and also hopefully becoming an anime soon....

In my personal opinion, I thought DMC2 sucked, mainly because of the storyline.

And now we got Devil May Cry 4 on the way for the PS3. The graphics look superb, and the gameplay just like DMC3.... as to be expected. But I think they have thought it through better then the second one this time.

Anyone wanna post their views and such on this series?
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I've only played DMC3,it was fun.
lol I was going to regardless. First of all, Devil May Cry was one of the first games I bought when I got by PS2. I had read a few reviews about it and it made me think of Hellsing. Obviously those to are really not all that similar.

Devil May Cry, today, is still a good game. The graphics look slightly dated, but they still peform, very few games, to me, have pulled this off. The artstyle is still good as well. It still stands out from other games. It also has some good liners from Dante. The one I remeber best was "Flock off Feather Face."The only real downside is that I'm too use to Devil May 3 controls now as I like them much much better.

Devil May Cry 2, was it a good game? I suppose it had some merit, but it wasn't nearly as good as the first. The gameplay was much easier. Upgrades seemed rather null. All you really had to do was shoot. Character designs were good. They were what I expected as they were better than the first. Dante looked really good, and I liked alot of the enimes. The layouts were a bit more drab and open. As a side note, I'm not sure why two discs were needed. You can load up Lucia's disc, switch out to Dante's and play her's with no problems. With the slim PS2 of course.

Devil May Cry 3, by far, an improvement over the second game although it doesn't make me want to throw out the original. The original feels like a classic now. We have more weapons, more bossess, and different styles to play. The only downside is that, the weapons aren't too much... well I don't know. There is a variety, but it feels like it is very possible to stick with Rebellion and Ebony and Ivory through out the game. I enjoyed the bosses. The styles were pretty nice too. No credit against the game, but did so wish I could mix up some of those styles together. Some people didn't like Dante's new voice and his seemingly hyper active attitude, but I didn't mind it. I do wish the orginal voice actor though.

As for DMC4, if I ever buy a PS3 I'll be sure to pick it up, but if I do not buy a PS3 I will not miss it. DMC is fun for it's action, but the plot isn't the best.
In DMC Dante is not the main chareter it's some new guy that looks like simular to hin and as a demonic arm.
[Image: dragonimage_76557_72430_pixel.gif]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
I've only played the first one and I really enjoyed it. "Dante Must Die!" mode is fuckin' HARD!
Yet another gaming series I wish I could have played but couldnt.
The OCA
CrazyWeredragon Wrote:In DMC Dante is not the main chareter it's some new guy that looks like simular to hin and as a demonic arm.

Yeah, the character from Devil May Cry 4 is Nero (Or something on the lines of that), and judging by the trailer, he's the one with the arm in a cast.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
One of my Game Informers has a section for DMC4,it is Nero.
You do see dante in the game and the group nero works with is probably not a good group so you may get to play as him later in the game.
From what I read,Nero's a demon-hunter.Dante attacked them.