Join our server on Discord

Woot! Job offer!
Being a musician, when a job offer comes one's way, it's difficult not to get excited by it.

My teacher where I did my undergrad e-mailed me and said that she needed a tenor for the opera production this coming spring. I'm beginning to reap the benefits of having a reputation for being easy-going and very well prepared. I'm a little sketched, because the people I'll be travelling with will be the same sort of fare as last year (aka. people I don't really like), but it's money (like $5000) and I travel for free, and it's experience I can put on a resume. This is more me thining out loud, but for a 23 year old to be contracted out for a job without an audition, even for Newfoundland, that's out of the ordinary.

Yay!! ^_^
Awesome! Good luck, sing well, and can you explain to me the finer points of voice care?
Well, that's good for you. Hope you get it.
THat's good to hear. Just relax and have fun.
Herr Mullen Wrote:Awesome! Good luck, sing well, and can you explain to me the finer points of voice care?

Absolutely. What particular points need clearing up?

UnknownH and Harie Wrote:Well, that's good for you. Hope you get it.
THat's good to hear. Just relax and have fun.

Well, I can have it if I want it. But I also have another long standing offer with another director that I'm investigating first. It involves travelling further with people I like (and maybe even my girlfriend!), and getting a way better network of connections out of it. I mean c'mon, I met Michale Andaatje through her!

And fun...well, I'll make it fun. If you don't laugh, you'll only end up crying.
senjuro Wrote:
Herr Mullen Wrote:Awesome! Good luck, sing well, and can you explain to me the finer points of voice care?

Absolutely. What particular points need clearing up?

How to care for it. I've been straining it quite a lot, recently, making my throat hurt. How do you keep your voice in tact after giving it your all in reherals?

A guidleine to a warm up might help.
Yay! Congratulations Sen! It's great to know you'll start getting even more money for your needs! ^^
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well I am no expert but I do this for a warm up and cool down

I count from 1 to ten. I do it singing though.

Just like this : *sings*

etc. until I get to 10, then I do it again going reverse so I am coutning down from ten to one. It is a lot of fun to do in a group. Also, a quick tip, after singing my heart out all night, drink something warm and stay warm. It will help you recover and besides, its cozy

Hope I could help a little!
Veemon's Followers
That is so awesome. Congratulations on the opportunity... but also remember that you do have an academic obligation.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
That sounds pretty cool especially the $5000 part. Do you have any idea where you are going on the trip yet?