Join our server on Discord

Disk Trouble
Okay, this is a repost of a topic that was in the General forum. One of my floppy disks has stopped working (computer won't read it and asks me if want to reformat it whenever I try to use it). There's a lot of important stuff on it and I really don't want to delete it, so any help would be much appreciated.

DMX, I don't have a My PC file on my computer. Do you mean My Computer?
He probably did.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Well, I did what he said and it didn't give me a choice as to which disk drive to examine. It automatically tried to scan the C drive.
Right. Well, it probably is because I'm accostumed to using Windows 98 and you probably have Windows XP. Anyhow, do the same, but to Unit A. Scan Disk is avalaible for both drives.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
have you tried using the same floppy in another computer?
Veemon's Followers
Did you leave it near a magnet?

Are you using a literally floppy 1980's disc?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Thanks for the help guys, but that damn thing was beyond hope. I tried what DMX said and the computer wouldn't even scan it. Obviously the disk was fucked up, so I crushed it and threw it away.

And the reason I use floppy disks is because I don't know how to save with CDs.
use nero express o.o it's easier that way

I could help you with this but I can't contact you via yahoo messenger.

http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/software/ner....0_eng.exe
Veemon's Followers
Do they even make computers that can still read floppies? And I think he means the 3 1/2 inch hard disks. And you can save to a disc in the same way as to a floppy if you have the right software which, depending on the computer, should've come built in.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I never did figure out why they call the 3 1/2 disks floppy. They're not floppy. I can look up a funny thing I saw about this.