Join our server on Discord

KMFDM
Those lyrics sounded pretty emo to me.
Emo isn't bad if done well. Like my comparison earlier.
Quote:Those lyrics sounded pretty emo to me.
Emo is usually pro-passivity and apathy. Then again, I'm not sure which bands you consider to be the archetypes for emo.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Heavy bass and really good drummer band is my kinda rock. Speedy guitar rips but followed with a really heavy bass.
The OCA
Disturbed Wrote:Heavy bass and really good drummer band is my kinda rock. Speedy guitar rips but followed with a really heavy bass.

I like very bass heavy music too.
Thats why I like Disturbed so much. Their lyrics are okay but its the music I REALLY like. The comobonation of the good bass and a great drummer always gets my fist pumping.
The OCA
That would most likely fall into the Thrash Metal category. Good bands from that genre are Slayer, early Metallica, Anthrax, and Megadeth.
It seems like the old rock that we all used to know and love is starting to fade. More and more punk rock and skater rock bands are comming out who arent nearly as good as the old Godsmack, Metallica, Pantera, or Iron Maiden. Is hard rock fading?
The OCA
No. You just have to wait a few years for the emos to grow a little.
It's not fading, so much as just returning back to its underground, non-mainstream roots. Heavy Metal is still quite prominent, it's just not being covered by mainstream media as much as it used to be.