Join our server on Discord

KMFDM
KMFDM kicks fucking ass. Too bad they broke up.

...and Reo, your into the Lad? Nice. Their new album is fucking phenomonal, BUT it's no Alien or City.

If you guys are talking industrial, check out Deadstar Assembly.
SYL is one of the only metal bands to actually give me a headache from listening to it in the car. It's truly one of the most heavy of Heavy Metal.
Here's an idea, Metallica's "Unforgiven". It has screaming, moody music, the lyrics and the sound so maybe Metallica was emo before it was "cool" to look like a wuss/girl. And my chemical romance is really hard to listen too sometimes becuase they're very emo.
Nope, not quite my style.
Renamon's Army
Here's a good rule of thumb; if an 'Ooooohhhhh' sound followed by some sort of whining is heard during a song, that song (and probably band) is shitty and emo. It's not like emo music is really popular, anyway, since it takes only a kid or two in some indiscriminate high school to take a liking to a dog shit song that's barely discernable from the talks had at a depression clinic to make music popular anyway. The reason it becomes popular is, like rain drops, a nuclei made of a popular kid's opinion attracts the insecure kids that have no opinion and wear tight clothes in a desperate attempt to get laid before someone realizes they should be shot anyway.
Thats why I LOVE Slipknots album Vol 3: Subliminal Verses. Every song on there makes me want to get up and throw my dresser out the window!! Theres a ton of good guitar rips and drums in it. Favorite song is Before I Forget, the music video for it is the ONLY music video that I ever liked because there was nothing added to it. Just plain old going in your attic and playing your music as hard as you fucking can!!!
The OCA
It's my personal opinion that more High Schoolers need to listen to Revolting Cocks. That'll set the little angsty bastards straight. >:B
Quote:If by "best" you mean precurser for the Emo genre, then sure. Face facts, Wise; Ministry reigns over all.
Emo? Stabbing Westward is closest to Nine Inch Nails, except they had much better lyrics.

This isn't emo. There's a real message here.

Television
Stabbing Westward
(Stabbing Westward)

I sit alone contemplating
What is missing inside me
I desperately try to remember
A life that's not meant to be
I meditate
And try to recapture
Some sense of reality
In my life
When I look around
I see numb empty faces
The world is waiting to die
And this apathy
Is so suffocating
The slow decay of my mind
I've searched the world
For someone with answers
To questions that are plaguing me
I scream in vain
To anyone who'll listen
But everbody's watchin' TV
Is anyone alive?
Am I lost in a world
Where nothing matters?
Am I lost in a world
Where no one cares?
Is anyone alive?
Are we lost in a world
Where nothing matters?
Are we lost in a world
Where no one cares?
Is anyone alive?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:Emo? Stabbing Westward is closest to Nine Inch Nails, except they had much better lyrics.

That's not really saying much. Jourgensen's the better lyricist IMO.
They're not bad. Good work out and sparring music.