Join our server on Discord

School shooting
Probably, yeah. Also check out The Tipping Point by the same by Levitt. Truly illuminating political-science literature.
That I shall.
Renamon's Army
Quote:Funny how few people actually shoot anyone.
Perhaps, but how many people with guns threaten to use them on other people, or at least consider using them on spouses? I bet it's a large percentage.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
My dad keeps his in a locked chest. I doubt he has any bullets in them anyway. Besides, If I was going to go somewhere like when I was back in high school, I'd bring a bat. A big heavy bat. Does a lot of damage and much better to use.
I dont have any guns but I do have a sword and 2 very large knifes
The OCA
Quote:I'd bring a bat. A big heavy bat. Does a lot of damage and much better to use.
Good idea. Use a wooden bat so you don't set off metal detectors. If it breaks, stab people with the splinters.
I know that you saw me.
Quote:Perhaps, but how many people with guns threaten to use them on other people, or at least consider using them on spouses? I bet it's a large percentage.

Bull. My family owns several firearms and not once has my father or I considered using them on other people; except of course the government (i.e. BATF) forces that'll bust down our door and take our weapons (Ruby Ridge, Waco) if the "people don't kill, guns do" goofs ever succeed in banning them (hope they're prepared to fight the Second Civil War if they do).
Guns don't kill people, they are a tool that kills people. Someone still has to use it first.
aguy Wrote:Well the guy was not amish although it said he probably had something to do with them in the past. Although I don't exactly agree with what Charon said I just wanted to say something.

According to the paper I read he wasn't amish, had nothing to do with the amish, and just chose that school because it was close and had little to no security. Says he was getting revenge for something that happened 20 years ago, didn't say what, and had left notes for his wife and kids that they say resembled suicide notes.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:Guns don't kill people, they are a tool that kills people. Someone still has to use it first.
Right, a tool that's only purpose is to kill, and someone has to use it.

Quote:Bull. My family owns several firearms and not once has my father or I considered using them on other people; except of course the government (i.e. BATF) forces that'll bust down our door and take our weapons (Ruby Ridge, Waco) if the "people don't kill, guns do" goofs ever succeed in banning them (hope they're prepared to fight the Second Civil War if they do).
I guess your dad doesn't have to threaten your mom with the guns. He just gives her a good black eye when she gets out of line.
I know that you saw me.