Join our server on Discord

Ran out of scapegoats so....It's my turn!!!
I have some update to make. Remember Cucho, that blind dog that kept bugging us? Well, that rich lady I talked about took him in. What a good riddance....I mean, good luck.
But Cucho had one good side, and now I see what.
Ever since he left, since she has nothing and nobody else to occupy her empty life with, my mother took a new hobby: Me.
Let's not cheat: she had always been annoying, but right now, she's gotten to the extreme.
Here goes some examples: she made a huge set of bookshelves in the living room. She's put all her stuff in them, but doesn't let me put a single book in them 'until I buy some special support it needs for more weight I can't find anywhere'. Ever since she set it up, she's added at least 20 new books, but whenever I tell that to her, she says 'I made the shelves, so I do what I please'. And then she complains how crowded and dirty my room is. The dirty part is absolutely unfair, but whenever we talk about the crowded part, she says I should either pack up my stuff and put it in the hut outside, or dump it. While she has her hunds of books in the living room.
Another... she bought a sewing machine she procrastinated buying it for 2 years so she paid it 200 pesos (65 dollars) more for it. She kept saying, it's extremely easy to handle it, but when I wanted to learn how to do it, she refused with the excuse I would break it. She told me she can always sew whatever I need, but when I brought some fabric to make a new working uniform, she refused saying it was too difficult.
I could go on with thousands of examples, but my mother keeps denigrating me in every way there could be:
-Physically: She hates I wear my hair so long and the clothing I wear, so whenever she can she tells me I look like a beggar. Worse, when there is a certain beggar that walks by, she says 'Look, there's your boyfriend!'. Oh, and I forgot that she keeps telling me how much of a better body she had when she was my age. When I tell her she better worry about how she looks now, she says 'But I'm already old'.
-My room: It's crowded, but I can't take anything away from it because she won't let me, except for the hut. She doesn't let me hang my pictures or do any change in the house. But she keeps saying I don't help her with the housework. Whenever she enters, she says 'What a niff!!' (The truth is she barely can smell anything).
-All I fucking do: Whatever I do, I'm always on the verge of breaking something, dirtying something, bothering (she complains when I HAND wash my clothing cuz it annoys her when she sees the TV). Or, the opposite: I'm not doing anything the whole day, and all I do is play videogames, sprawled in my bed.
-My studies: No matter what we're talking about, all ends in the same: 'You should have graduated already'. Oh, and at my age, she was the Wonder Girl alright; she always had energy, she worked and never complained the way I do.
-My way of spending money: I'm way better at it than her, since she's a penny wise pound foolish jerk, but she yells at me whenever I dump some food. She once yelled at me because I didn't want to eat some cereal SHE bought for me without asking me, that not even Cucho wanted.

And yesterday, I just couldn't take it anymore.
In the afternoon, I happen to watch a movie she was too for a while. When a character made a prophecy, she said 'And that's what happens, all of that'. I glared at her 'Thanks a lot'. 'What, I didn't tell you how all of that happens'. 'Now tell me the end'. 'No'. 'Now that you've spoiled it all, tell me how it ends'. 'I didn't spoil it, I just say the prophecy comes true, but you don't know how'. Argh.
At night, she told me 'Are you coming to the kitchen?'(she locks the kitchen's inner door at night saying thieves could come through it :roll: )
'What? It's not even 10 o'clock'
'I'm going to bed. I've worked all day, unlike you who have been sprawled in the bed all day'(Work all day=make food, go to buy food and clean two rooms)
'*narrows eyes**goes and grab some water and a scrub*'
'Are you going to wash your face?!'
'Yeah, so what?!'
'Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh, I've just cleaned up the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're going to dirty it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see how you leave the bathroom when you do!!!! Water in the mirror, water in the floor, water everywhere!!!'
'What do you think am I, a 5yo kid who dirties all?!'
'Yeah!'
'Or a beast that muddies everything?!'
'Yeah!!'
That was the last straw. The demon inside got loose and I insulted her for about 5 minutes, then I left to my room crying.
When this morning I wanted to talk about how denigrated I feel (especially since I've been working very hard lately and she still treats me like I'm a goof-off), she refused. She acts like a kid: whenever I want to talk like an adult, she avoids to talk or says ultimatums. So she said 'You're going to be like a renting person here until you get a job and go'.
Wouldn't all work smoothly if she just could shut her ugly mouth and stop her absolutely, non justified and constant denigration? Not only that, she keeps talking like she's a saint that is keeping a mix of a parasite/demon/beast/goof-off/retarded.
I'm the only person she has. What does she intend to accomplish? She wants to kick me out so badly, because that's all she could achieve with that attitude? My only mistake in life was to choose a career I don't actually like and not be successful in it. Do I deserve to be treated like that cuz of it?...
Not at all. I don't know what her problem is but maybe she should try acting like a mother. Maybe she's angry about how her life has been and wants to control yours. She probally has some anger about herself and how her life turned out as well.Other then that, I don't know. I'd have to think about it for awhile.
Well, I can't offer much here other than this:
You should make your own bookshelf out of aluminum, and then don't let her put anything on it.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Old people will all eventually go crazy, some a lot sooner than others...
she seems like my mother but by two =/.

well you see she has financial power over you and she loves it ( I think so ).
the more she tries to control you more she's going to get attached and be dependant of you.

Seems she has this pride and this defensive attitude that won't let her act differently around you ... hope she isn't this way outside.

given the way she is I think she might not be kind with people she doesn't know and that won't mean much for her.

Maybe she doesn't want to kick you out , maybe she just wants to make you feel miserable. did she have a hard time during her life? some of those people feel envy when they feel people have had a better time than them, when they should be exposed to the same suffering as they did. She's already developed a mental shield against you ... dunno what you can do for now but you should flee from there soon.

I should do the same my mother hates me for being gay, and this city and country is mentally ill, maybe yours is too dunno if you could get out of there.

Or play her game and manipulate her I think she isn't smart enough to notice it.
my brother does this to my mother but it's not my style, something that could help you make it more bearable for you.
Veemon's Followers
Parent's are always jealous when their kids surpass them, makes them realize their age and inferiority. My mom barely talked to me after we found out that my IQ was almost 20 points higher than her's, she still get's pissed off whenever it comes up.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Thank you mowgly for that. And My mother always told me and my sister to do better then her and my dad. That's what my sister did, much better then my mother and father.
I really can't relate to this much, but I do hope you can work it out.
From how you describe your mother's actions though, it seems to me that she is upset that she isn't young anymore, and the only way she can cope with that is by making you seem the same. I don't think she is trying to hurt or bother you, but just trying to make herself feel better.
Renamon's Army
Perhaps it's time you dump her in a retirement home?
She's not that old (I don't think).