Join our server on Discord

New forum software?
Why not switch to a diffrent forum software such as Invision Power board or Vbullitien? It's more user friendly and can get more skins etc.It is also more safe as security wise,It could be a big improvement.And its not hard to move the database to another software,Everything will be carried over,Including Pms XD
But it would also risk of having to have the forum off-line in the progress, I doubt that'd be of any liking for our members.

Besides, I really find php user-friendly, don't know if it really presents you with any trouble.

I don't remember about any security issue yet, I even saw an Invision Power Board I frequent getting hacked three times in a week; then every so often; while this board certainly hasn't gone down since January when there was a single problem.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I think we talked about this back when we rescued the site about a year ago. We decided against it because it was too much hassle for a negligible gain. Ultimately, it's up to Wolfey and Reo. My two cents is that it's really not necessary unless security becomes a serious issue.
I see,But there are also so many more options for the forum and also security is much much better,As this Phpbb is on a very old software,where trojans can implant themselves into the board wrappers,It happened to me,and all the people using that had Internet Explorer got this virus.It was scary actually o.o
Good thing I use Mozilla's Firefox. Pwns IE.
Agreed.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
DragonMasterX Wrote:Agreed.

Seconded.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
My belief is stick with the method that has gotten this far, I understand that the need to change is something that is inherited into the landscaping of our minds, but when something is working very well, why risk changing it and possibly making it into something worse. The question is, if really wanted to make a "Beta" site and see how it would work with minimizing the damage of anything wrong happening, we could see how the site would run on that other format.

As for everything else, my belief, is only when security becomes a real issue and virus madmen begin to try to kill the site, for the sake of the site, let the higher powers decide that, so that way, we can figure out if other types of programs could benefit the site.

If its working why change it?
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
I suppose you are right.

Here is my forum. it runs on IPB http://forums.pokecorner.com we have over 3900 members now lol and we seem to be fine so far
If it aint broke dont fix it
The OCA