Join our server on Discord

Lack of motivation
Quote:That's not true. And your case it's different from his; you have a base problem. The true 'lifelong war' is the person that was always fat, ever since his birth; and his is a time in his life where he feels unconfortable and makes a click and gains lots of weight. Once his problems go away, his overweight will go too.
(And I will like to chat some more, but I'm running out of credit).
The way I phrased it isn't how the Weight Watchers people phrase it, but it's the same sentiment. You have to stick with your diet for it to work. That's why it's called a diet.

Quote:when I'm stressed I like to eat, and I like to eat fatty stuff. Which is not so good
I have the same problem. I recommend Turkey Hill's Fat Free No Sugar Added Ice Cream, or just eat some pickles and carrot sticks.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Key part of the whole fatty eating thing, I work in a bar-esque restaurant, burger, and stuff all over the place, sure we have salad, which I'll start eating more and more, but it's just never as a appealing as a burger or something like that.
I know of a guy who does pretty well with diets and stuff like that. I could ask about stuff if you want.
Well I know what I NEED to do, I'm just having trouble getting myself to strictly do it.
Wisemon Wrote:You think it's going to be all sunshine and supermodeling after you lose weight, but I know from experience that it's not the case. I lost 65 pounds from my peak weight, and I can tell you that there's no such thing as one-shot diets. It's just a constant war that doesn't end until you die. Either you maintain the diet, or you gain all the weight back and take all the consequences that will come with it. I get by on reminding myself that I feel better after I eat healthy, and that I'm better in the long run for it, and that the ephemeral joy of food is minute compared to the resolve of my will.
*cough*Bull*cough*

You go on a diet to eat less than you burn. Doing that once you've lost the fat just isn't healthy.

Anyway, motivation... Think of what you can *do* with the reduced weight! For example, I quote John Walker:
Quote:When I started to control my weight, I had no intention of getting into exercise at all. As the pounds peeled off and I felt better and better, I decided to design an exercise plan built on the same principles that made the diet plan succeed.
I've experienced that myself. When you put the effort in to raise your physical capability and eat healthily, you eventually find yourself joyfully realizing you can do all those exercises which used to pain you in gym class!
Quote:*cough*Bull*cough*

You go on a diet to eat less than you burn. Doing that once you've lost the fat just isn't healthy.
If you go back to eating what made you fat in the first place, you're going to get fat again. Depending on how your body works, there's a certain number of calories, grams of fat, sugars, etc. that you need to maintain a certain weight. If you eat the level that maintains a higher weight, even if you've achieved a lower weight, you will go back to that higher weight.
I know that you saw me.
Can we agree that you should just eat what keeps you at the lower weight instead of what loses weight? That was my entire point.
Quote:Can we agree that you should just eat what keeps you at the lower weight instead of what loses weight? That was my entire point.
Personally, the diet that I maintain is the same one on which I lost weight, so no, I don't agree. Maybe it works differently for people with different body types and appetites.
I know that you saw me.
Often, the diet that gets you down to your desired weight is the diet that will help you easily maintain that weight. Weight loss is achieved by lowering your intake of energy so you use up more energy than you take in. When losing weight, you'll eventually reach a point where you will stop losing unless the amount of energy intake decreases or the amount of energy used through exercise increases.

Changing your diet when you reach your target weight is merely an aesthetic change and it's your energy intake that makes the biggest difference. So you're both right. Yay, the best kind of discussion! ^_^