Join our server on Discord

[AOTM] September Contest [Entries Open]
Here are the guidelines for the September Contest for Author of the month.

This month, Judges may enter.

Submission Guidelines

Quote:Pairing: Free for All - As it implies, anything goes. No restrictions on straight/homosexual, digimon, human, etc. Whatever you want to write you can enter.

Rating: General Lemon Audiences - If your story is something that would require warning away of people who would simply be disturbed or disgusted by the content (excluding the obvious prudes who would be so affected by any sort of sex), please do not enter it. I did not appreciate being forced to read a certain Entry which I'll not name here, and that is why I'm adding this guideline -- it must have a standard style sex scene to be judged as the Lemon score.

Content: Story before Sex preferred -- I'd like stories that have a good flow and build-in to the sexual content, and though we can't expect novels in these 30 pages, some story and character building would be nice.

Minimum length: 5 pages.
Maximum length: 30 pages.
Standard Measurements: Times New Roman, 12 point. Single-spaced text (no blank line between paragraphs; use the P tag if using HTML), double spaced scenes (one blank line between scenes).

-- In Text or Word format, this means NO blank lines between paragraphs of the same scene, and one blank line between shifts in POV or scene; HTML entries will be forgiven this as long as they are at least 5 pages in a Word Processor

To count as five pages, a certain arbitrary mimum will be judged on the fifth page for length.

All entries must have as their subject line:

[DAD September Contest]

This may be optionally followed by the story title. The body should tell me the Title, Author, and Pairing or Pairings in the story. Please PM me after submitting your story so that I can be sure I've received it... your PM should include your e-mail address and the title of the story for verification reasons, as well as your pen name.

Entries will be accepted from September 5 through September 20, and will be sent out to judges on September 21. All entries shall be stripped of author identity before being sent to judges, to help prevent bias from the other judges.

Good luck to everybody who joins, and may the competition be fierce.

Grading Criteria

These are the criteria and scores we will be grading with for this contest. I felt rushed last time, but now I managed to dig up my old scoring system, which makes a much easier percentage score in the end:

Quote: PLOT (1-20 points)
Plot design, overall creativity, unexpectedness, twists and turns, etc.

CHARACTER (1-20 points)
The ability to capture personality, so they're not all mindless automaton droids.

LEMON (1-20 points)
Need I explain this to you?

QUALITY (1-20 points)
Simply how well it is written, descriptions, lack of overdoing it, etc.

SEMANTICS (1-20 points)
Last but not least, a lemon can be good... if you can understand what the hell they're saying.

This will be our standard scoring in the future, unless we do a themed contest, in which case Lemon will be halved and the other half will be given to a theme-related score (ie: Execution, Romance, etc.). I hope that the Review Team, sans Knight (who has informed me that school pressures may prohibit him from judging for September), will join me in reviewing the entries yet again.
Crimson: I'd be glad to give it another shot, you can count me in.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
This time, it'll be ready. I'm in and working.
Actually... Knight has said he has a chance of being able ot judge. SO judges, if you'd liek to enter, prepare a story -- but it will be a bit last-minute as to when he will probably be letting me know if he can judge or not.

Alternatively, we are looking for a fifth judge to review the contests, and possibly also a sixth to take over when I ship out.
Count me in. I've got an idea already, that shouldn't be too disgusting unless you hate even the slightest of gore for plot reasons. (Like in Sagas of Fire and Frost) If not even that would be okay, I guess I'll just make something totally different. However, I am going to ask this just once for reference... Won't descriped masturbation work as a sex scene?

Also, I volunteer as a judge.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Hmmm, well if you need another judge Nate, then I'll volunteer as well.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Hey dun' forget about meh, I still volunteer!
Marine, I was already hoping you would be up for another month.

Crimson fox, I gladly accept your offer to be a judge, as well.
Ah, thank you, I'll do my best.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Nate Hunter Wrote:Crimson fox, I gladly accept your offer to be a judge, as well.

And me? :roll:
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you