Join our server on Discord

Guide to RPGing, please
Could you guys give me some pointers about RPGing, please. Things like general rules and stuff. I've had my eye on it and it looks fun, but I know nothing about it.
Okay, first of all, I'll give you a basic set of rules for Role Playing in forums:

Basic Rules:

- God Mode must be disabeled in most cases: God Mode, what does it sounds like? Yes, being immortal, having unlimited amounts of energy, not losing even against the most powerful thing, ignoring damage. Anything that you can think of related to this matter, is something you should avoid to use.

- Power Play mustn't be used: This rule is one of the most important ones. Let's say you (cboy) have Character A and I (DMX) have character B.

Example of Power Play:

DragonMasterX Wrote:B: I'm hungry!

cboy Wrote:A: Then eat something you dumbass!

B: But there's nothing to eat here!

That's a PP, you can't control other posters characters, nor their actions, neither their speach. The only special case is when you leave an ''open'' character that isn't yours. Like when we all use Renamon at the same time in some topics.

- Post Flooding: This is optional. When a RP starts to get many posts, people who are in, who haven't posted in some time, won't care to read LOTS of posts. Most of the won't, trust me. So, you should slow down and stop posting if you think you are over-exceeding some times.

- In Character: If an RP says: "No Humans allowed" or "Not a Digimon RP" then follow what they say, don't annoy people by doing what they tell you not to.

- Villains and Heroes: Yes, if you join an RP, I'm not telling you to be a villain (most people don't) but try to use villains and your hero too. Otherwise, you'll have to wait till others do. It won't be fun.

- Fights: Fights are determined depending on what the posters want. Yes, it's difficult, but keeping in mind you ask for profiles, you'll know how you want to attack or defend yourself. Be kind not to say "but he/she evaded" all the time.

Now, those are the most basic rules. But maybe you need more help. Care to tell me what do you want to do with RPs in the first place? Maybe you need to tell me the idea first for me to tell you what do you need to know.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Oh, I was just thinking about starting a digimon body inflation RPG for the inflationists on the site. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get some other people interested in it, just like I did with you.
Write it like a story from only one guys veiw, and don't build up too many private mysteries. I myself use underpowered characters whose pasts are told quite often, aqnd yet people can't help but want to know more about them.
For your idea, cboy, you could easily tell the theme of your RPG with just the title. But you can further explain your ideas in the first post. And you can tell what is and what isn't allowed to be done. Differing from being able to include sex or not, fights or not, powers or not, etc.

And as Herr said, a basic and common thing is to write everything you post like if you wrote a story.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Okay. If I did start a digimon body inflation RPG, would you guys participate, since my understanding is that you guys share my interest. And if you will, which digimon would you prefer me to involve?
No, thanks. I'm not into that sort of thing.
Whoops, got you mixed up with Gunter VanCrimson. Hey DragonMasterX, are you still interested in this kind of thing?
Hmm... depends. If you can get one more member. It goes fine with me. I really don't find it funny when it's only two members participating. But if you find one more else, than sure.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I sent a message to Gunter, so hopefully he'll be joining in. You got any ideas for a plot?